Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

More evidence requested to interview but no interview letter?

I got a letter today 7/19 asking for more evidence to bring to the interview due to a mismatch in my name. But no interview letter. It seems they got my green card name spelled incorrectly. Hence the mismatch. They are asking me for proof or a explanation of the mismatch.

Have anyone gone through the same issue?
What proof did you provide?
Did you receive the letter for the interview separately?

Any advise is greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'll bring my Birth Certificate to the Interview

I listed on my N-400 application all my five first and middle names and noticed that all I-797 just list my first name and second name initial. SInce the I-797 asks to call if there is a discrepancy, I called. They checked and told me that since my GC has my first name + second name initial, there is nothing wrong.

I'll bring to the interview my Birth Certificate to show my full name so that the Naturalization Certificate bears my full name.

I would recommend you to provide a copy of your Birth Certificate so you can straighen things up and have your name spelled correctly on the Naturalization Certificate. You can also bring it to the interview.

Received Oath letter
---------------------

Timeline

Mailed to NSC - 03/22/07
Notice Date - 03/30/07
FP Notice Date - 04/10/07
FP Date - 04/27/07
IL Notice Date - 06/01/07
Interview Date - 07/24/07
Oath scheduled for 08/22/07

Interview Today

I had my interview today. I arrived at 8:05am. I was immidiatly called in for the interview. I was quite surprised about that since the interview letter says it takes 2 hours to complete the process. I was asked to swear that "what I tell is truth" blah blah..... I said yes and I was sworn in.
Then the IO asked me to take out my GC, ID, Passport. He asked me if I was married. I showed him my marriage cert. Then he asked me 6 questions on civics. Asked me to read out a sentence loudly. Then write a sentense. After the review of my application and asking all the yes/no questions on the application, he asked me to sign my name on the application and photos. Then he stamped my application 'approved'. The whole process took probably 15 mins. I was out by 8:30am. After the interview the IO chatted for sometime about other general stuff. It was pretty quick and painless! IO said I could expect to get oath letter within 60 days.

I was asked the following questions:
1. who is the current president?
2. who will become president if both president & vice president dies?
3. Colors of the flag?
4. Advantage of becoming citizen?
5. What is the voting age?
6. Which constitution amendment details out the voting rights?
7. Who was the president during civil war?
8. When was the constitution written?

Thanks to the forum for all the great posts and experiences! I have used this forum during my GC process and also now. Great job moderators!

Good luck to you all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
my priority date was april 16th and i did the fingerprint mid june and im still waiting for the interview letter. is it possible that its taking a while because im getting the FBI check and will they send me a letter saying that my case has been sent to FBI ? thanks in advance
hi,
my PD is April 10th, I got FP on May16th. Have'nt recieved letter for interview...i am worried...did you get yours by now...thanks

hi,
my PD is April 10th, I got FP on May16th. Have'nt recieved letter for interview...i am worried...did you get yours by now...thanks

I am in the same boat. Still waiting for the interview letter.

Priority Date: April 20, 2007
Fingerprint Completed: May 30, 2007
Interview Date: ?
Oath: ?

PD April 10th

The officer at infopass told me that my background check is complete...that was in May...I dont know whats taking so long...my sis applied only 10 days before me and she has her oath scheduled next week...I dont know whats wrong

PD April 10th

Does anyone have a PD of April 10th...May be it is a coincident but reading through the posts i noticed this one timeline that completely matches my sisters ...from PD to oath...may be it is just coincidental ...anyways i am worried why is my case taking so long even though the infopass officer told me that my fbi clearance is done :(

chicago timeline - PD May

PD - 5/1/07
FD - 6/2/07
Info pass - 8/1/07

Was informed that my background is clear and I am in queue for interview.

Is anybody with the same experience and time line?
What is the approx. wait in the queue for interview letter to be received, does anyone know?

Thanks
ssrr

PD - 5/1/07
FD - 6/2/07
Info pass - 8/1/07

Was informed that my background is clear and I am in queue for interview.

Is anybody with the same experience and time line?
What is the approx. wait in the queue for interview letter to be received, does anyone know?

Thanks
ssrr

I also had an Infopass appointment on 8/1 in Chicago and was told that I am not in the queue for interview. Based on postings I have seen here, it appears that people with April 2007 priority date are still waiting for interview letter.

Hi there, This is a great forum !!! I am new here and I will post my timeline for N-400 applied in NSC based on Chicago District Office.

5/18/2007 - Mailed to NSC
5/21/2007 - Priority/Received Date
5/25/2007 - Receipt Notice
6/1/2007 - Fingerprint Notice
6/26/2007 - Fingerprint Appointment

Still waiting for the Interview letter...

Copy for this Chicago thread.

Did InfoPass today. Very few visitors, very friendly CIS staff. By the way, brand new Dell computers, and electronic line management system, which is nice to see implemented. The building itself being repaired as well.

As for the purpose of my visit - not much to be hopeful about. Elected officials - are my best bet at this point.

Passed my Interview and received congratulations on N-652.
Also, found out that NC has been cleared!!!!! The officer said that they don't schedule interviews without name check anymore which confirms the USCIS policy.

Send August 16

I send my packet to Nebraska on August 16th. Still waiting for the check to be cashed or to receive receipt. It is 3 weeks already.

I'm still waiting too!

N400 NSC/Chicago
PD: April 10th
FP: May 16th
IL: ??

Last edited by a moderator: