Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hello vanlilly,

I would like to know if your N-400 is based on marriage or just a regular Immigrant. I also applied at NSC (Chicago Office).

Thanks.
Hello vanlilly,

I would like to know if your N-400 is based on marriage or just a regular Immigrant. I also applied at NSC (Chicago Office).

Thanks.

Timeline for Chicago
3/13/07 - Mailed to USC
3/15/07 - Priority Date
3/30/07 - Fingerprint notice
4/19/07 - Fingerprint appointment
5/7/07 - Interview Notice
6/21/07 -Interview Date

application based on marriage

Timeline for Chicago
3/13/07 - Mailed to USC
3/15/07 - Priority Date
6/21/07 -Interview Date

Hello 9pups,

Can you please share the story after your interview? How was it ? what questions did the IO ask you? Can you please?

Thanks for your time,

Timeline for Chicago
3/13/07 - Mailed to USC
3/15/07 - Priority Date
6/21/07 -Interview Date

Also, can you please tell me what documents you need to bring to the interview, do they give you a list of docs?

Did you apply 3 years of PR minus 90 days? if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks

Hi USCitizenship83,

After my interview on June 21, I will post the experience.

The interview notice says to bring: the interview notice; green card; any evidence of selective service registration; and passport. And it also says that "If applying for Naturalization as the spouse of a US citizen", bring: marriage certificate; proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse; spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

I applied almost three months after my three years of PR. I could have applied three years minus 90 days.

Hi USCitizenship83,

After my interview on June 21, I will post the experience.

The interview notice says to bring: the interview notice; green card; any evidence of selective service registration; and passport. And it also says that "If applying for Naturalization as the spouse of a US citizen", bring: marriage certificate; proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse; spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

I applied almost three months after my three years of PR. I could have applied three years minus 90 days.
Hello 9pups,

you mentoined for the spouse to bring: spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship, what about a US passport? does it say that ?

Hi USCitizenship83,

The letter did not ask for spouse's US passport. I guess it is because not everyone has a passport.

In the future when you apply for your US passport, I have read elsewhere that we could bring our passport application (including the fees and photos for it) with us to the oath ceremony. We should be able to apply for a passport right there. They usually have someone available to look at our original naturalization certificate on the spot, and give it right back to us. They then note on our passport application that they verified our citizenship and we don't have to submit our naturalization certificate. It is the easiest and fastest way to get a US passport for a new citizen.

Hi USCitizenship83,

The letter did not ask for spouse's US passport. I guess it is because not everyone has a passport.

In the future when you apply for your US passport, I have read elsewhere that we could bring our passport application (including the fees and photos for it) with us to the oath ceremony. We should be able to apply for a passport right there. They usually have someone available to look at our original naturalization certificate on the spot, and give it right back to us. They then note on our passport application that they verified our citizenship and we don't have to submit our naturalization certificate. It is the easiest and fastest way to get a US passport for a new citizen.
Hello 9pups,

does on the letter says that you need to bring the spouse during the interview?

do you know how long does it take the oath after the intervew?

thanks

Hi Citizenship83,

The letter does not say to bring the spouse to the interview.

According to most of the postings I read here, seems like the oath ceremony takes place in a month or a little less than a month after the interview.

Hi Citizenship83,

According to most of the postings I read here, seems like the oath ceremony takes place in a month or a little less than a month after the interview.
9pups,

Well, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW !!!

Thanks for your informations,

My experience so far

Hello Everyone---

First of all thank you to all of you that have posted your experience and knowledge. For all of your information --following are my time line. I applied in Chicago.

January 2004--- Green Card

10/26/06-- mailed N-400

10/31/06--- Received Date

10/31/06--- Priority Date

11/18/06--- Finger Print Interview

05/03/07--- Interview Letter

06/18/07--- Interview (approved and waiting for Oath Date)

Interview Experience:

I had a 11:05 am appointment at 101 W. Congress Pkwy. I arrived at 10:35 am and proceeded to 3rd floor. After checking in, right around 10:45 I was called in (yeah--- 20 minutes early as they were ready and I was already there). Took total 5 minutes to finish the process. Only document she wanted to see was my passport, green card and drivers license. Thats it. When I walked out of the room it was 10:55 am.

Will update the dates when I receive the Oath Letter. Thanks and good luck to all!!!

timeline

I don't know and was not paying too much attention to it. One thing though, I did apply exactly around 2 year 9 months time-line, rather than exactly 3 years to apply--don't know if that is why the extra time. But at any rate, what we see on this forum is only a % of all the applications and there isn't an exact science with USCIS regarding time-line. What I've noticed and seen, there were no issues or anything so I didn't make any big deal out of it. Thanks.

Hi Citizenship83,

Hello 9pups,

I forgat to ask you something... I would like to know what was your processing times on your receipt. My receipt telling me that the processing time from the notice to the interview is approx. 100 days. What about yours?

Thanks

I don't know and was not paying too much attention to it. One thing though, I did apply exactly around 2 year 9 months time-line, rather than exactly 3 years to apply--don't know if that is why the extra time. But at any rate, what we see on this forum is only a % of all the applications and there isn't an exact science with USCIS regarding time-line. What I've noticed and seen, there were no issues or anything so I didn't make any big deal out of it. Thanks.
Hello enoor,

How was the interview? what questions did the IO ask you? Is your N-400 application is based on marriage?
What was your processing time on your receipt? Is it 100 days like mine?

thanks

Hello enoor,

How was the interview? what questions did the IO ask you? Is your N-400 application is based on marriage?
What was your processing time on your receipt? Is it 100 days like mine?

thanks

Hello Everyone---

First of all thank you to all of you that have posted your experience and knowledge. For all of your information --following are my time line. I applied in Chicago.

10/26/06-- mailed N-400

Interview Experience:

I had a 11:05 am appointment at 101 W. Congress Pkwy. I arrived at 10:35 am and proceeded to 3rd floor. After checking in, right around 10:45 I was called in (yeah--- 20 minutes early as they were ready and I was already there). Took total 5 minutes to finish the process. Only document she wanted to see was my passport, green card and drivers license. Thats it. When I walked out of the room it was 10:55 am.

Will update the dates when I receive the Oath Letter. Thanks and good luck to all!!!

Yes-marriage based application.

Hello Everyone---

10/26/06-- mailed N-400

Interview Experience:

Yes-marriage based application.
The first letter that Immigration sent you, telling you what will be the processing time...That is the receipt letter. Do you have it?

Thanks