Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Here is my timeline for Chicago

4/11/2007 - Mailed to USC
4/13/2007 - Received Date
4/17/2007 - Check cashed

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, Good news Folks!!!!

You must feel a sense of relief that this part of your journey is over and done. Have a safe trip in Europe. I myself will be going outside the states in about two weeks. A well deserved time off from work.

- Cheers!
- Tightcat.

While I was out of the country, USCIS decided to mail my N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony. It was dated 04/13 and was received on 04/16. My Oath ceremony will take place on 04/26. Thanks to all and the people behind the sceen that keeps this great website up. This website has been a great source of information. Wishing the rest of the troops success in their various journey to being a US citizen.

Cheers!!!!
Tightcat.

While I was out of the country, USCIS decided to mail my N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony. It was dated 04/13 and was received on 04/16. My Oath ceremony will take place on 04/26. Thanks to all and the people behind the sceen that keeps this great website up. This website has been a great source of information. Wishing the rest of the troops success in their various journey to being a US citizen.

Cheers!!!!
Tightcat.

Tightcat, I haven't looked at the board for a while but today I saw your great news. Congratulations!

Update

I have done with my interview today. No surprise. Got approved. I had a traffic ticket, the officer even did not ask about it.

========================================

01/21/07 Sent N400 by USPS Priority
02/11/07 FP Rec
02/28/07 FP Completed
03/15/07 IL Recd
04/25/07 Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
??? Oath Date

US Citizenship Conferred This Morning!

Folks, I became a US citizen this morning. The ceremony was completed within an hour. I did answer yes to the question about “have you travelled outside the country since your citizenship interview?" USCIS officer instructed me to write down the country I visited and the date I left and returned to the US next to the question. Upon receiving my certificate, I immediately stopped by the Social Security office on the south east corner of Jackson & Clark Street to change my status from a foreigner to that of a citizen. I will be applying for a US passport and registering my name so I can perform my civic duty. I want to thank the webmaster / admin of this great site for without it this site, only Lord knows what could 've happened. It is really really nice to be able to follow others timelines as a guide so you know when an action is deemed necessary. Thank you so much.

- Cheers!
- Tightcat.

Interview - Done

I had my citizenship interview at the Chicago office today. It was a very positive experience overall. The only complication was that I have an out-of-state driver’s license. So, the interviewer had some questions about my residency and quizzed me on why I had not gotten an IL driver’s license despite having been in IL for more than a year. Luckily, I had taken my lease agreement, which laid those questions to rest.

Here is my status -

01/29/07 Sent N400 by USPS
01/31/07 (2 Days) Application Recd
01/31/07 (2 Days) PD
02/01/07 (3 Days) Check Cashed.
02/09/07 (11 Days) NOA Recd (With exception)
02/16/07 (18 Days) FP Rec
03/03/07 (33 Days) FP appt
03/12/07 (42 Days) IL Recd
04/26/07 (88 Days) Int appoint.
??/??/?? (?? Days) Oath Letter
??/??/?? (?? Days) Oath Taken

This forum has been very helpful throughout the process.

Thanks,
DSM

Did you file early?

My wife is near when she can send in her N-400.

For a timeline reference, can some of you tell me when you mailed your application in? Was it 90 days early, 50, 20 days, or after when you were eligible?

I mailed 88 days earlier. The IO in our case did indicate that we were too close to the 90 days and in fact recalled that he had to recount twice to make sure we did not apply too early. The wisdom on this forum is to no be very close to the 90 day eligibility. You may be better of being in the vicinity of 80 days or so. This way there is no ambiguity of applying too early.

Oath letter (Chicago) - anyone in same situation??
Hi All,
Myself and my wife cleared the Interview (Chicago) on 17th March 07. I got my Oath letter on last Thursday and my oath is on 8th May 07, but my wife is still waiting for Oath letter.
Any one in the same situation? Please respond...

Thanks your help in advance!!!

Zee2007,

Have you or your wife asked the officer that you want to take the oath same day? My understanding is, they try to schedule the oath on the same day if they are informed.

========================================

01/21/07 Sent N400 by USPS Priority
02/11/07 FP Rec
02/28/07 FP Completed
03/15/07 IL Recd
04/25/07 Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
??? Oath Date

My final timeline below:

Good luck to all and I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Congrats eo23!
I am about to take my oath soon and was wondering how you got your passport in just 3 days. I thought expedited processing still took 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Congrats eo23!
I am about to take my oath soon and was wondering how you got your passport in just 3 days. I thought expedited processing still took 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Use A Rush Passport (www.arushpassport.com), the key is to prove imminent travel through a paid itinerary and they will get it to you in time for your travels. Let me know if you need any further clarification after consulting the website.

Took my oath today. The ceremony was very well organized. It took me only 1.5 hours from check in to getting the Naturalization certificate. I am happy that my long immigration journey is finally over.

My best wishes to all of you on this forum. The information and content available on this forum is very informative. Also, my special thanks to JohnnyCash for preparing a comprehensive list of documents for the interview. Having these documents handy definitely gave me peace of mind during the interview. And last but not the least, my thanks to Rajiv for maintaining this site.