Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Zone911

I suggest you visit Senator Durbin's office and speak with his immigration liasion. Explain to him/her your situation and the uncertainity this long process poses.

They'll call chicago office and will let you know when the IL is gonna come. They may even speed up your process on humanitarian grounds.

Just take your Receipt notice along. I'm sure they will help.

Good Luck!

globeseer said:
I suggest you visit Senator Durbin's office and speak with his immigration liasion. Explain to him/her your situation and the uncertainity this long process poses.

They'll call chicago office and will let you know when the IL is gonna come. They may even speed up your process on humanitarian grounds.

Just take your Receipt notice along. I'm sure they will help.

Good Luck!

Hi all,

Just came back from an infopass and the expected bad news came, I am pending name check.

For now, I am just going to lay back and forget about all this, I am doing another infopass at the end of January once I am back from a month long vacation.

The IO was very helpful but told me that patience is the key here, she said name checks have taken anywhere from 72 hours to 5 years.

Oh well, at least I am in the pipeline and that I applied at an early age, the system works eventually.

I will probably contact my senator by March given that my case would be 6 months old, any ideas on that?

Thanks guys and good luck to all, any help from anyone would be very appreciated.

Chicago Passport Agency

Has anyone applied expedited passport at the Chicago Passport Agency? Do they give the passport same day or the next day? Thanks.

Still Waiting for the Mailman to deliver the good news

I forgot to mention my infopass appt. on my previous post.

Timeline:
April 2006 N400
June 2006 FP
July 2006 FBI FOIPA
Augest 2006 Congressman
Infopass Augest 2006 (Name Check)
Sept 2006 Durbin
Sept 2006 CAIR - Chicago Chapter (Lawsuit)
Interview XX
Oath XX

any ideas?
thanks to you all

eo23 said:
Hi all,

Just came back from an infopass and the expected bad news came, I am pending name check.

For now, I am just going to lay back and forget about all this, I am doing another infopass at the end of January once I am back from a month long vacation.

The IO was very helpful but told me that patience is the key here, she said name checks have taken anywhere from 72 hours to 5 years.

Oh well, at least I am in the pipeline and that I applied at an early age, the system works eventually.

I will probably contact my senator by March given that my case would be 6 months old, any ideas on that?

Thanks guys and good luck to all, any help from anyone would be very appreciated.

eo23, if I were you this what I will do to get myself ready, you have got to be proactive here:

request FOIPA from FBI
request your name check status from FBI
by the time you recieve responses, it will be around new year, and you should take it from there.
the mistake I made I waited for as long as 4 months after the fact that is when I started my digging, I wish I had started earlier.

MJ-Legacy said:
eo23, if I were you this what I will do to get myself ready, you have got to be proactive here:

request FOIPA from FBI
request your name check status from FBI
by the time you recieve responses, it will be around new year, and you should take it from there.
the mistake I made I waited for as long as 4 months after the fact that is when I started my digging, I wish I had started earlier.

Hi MJ-Legacy,

Thank you for your recommendation, I am definitely trying to be as proactive as possible.

I will file a FOIPA right away.

How can I request my name check status from the FBI?

I thought they do not do that over the phone anymore.

I am going for another infopass end of January to find out whether it has cleared.

Let me know. Thanks.

Please give me FBI # to call

inseattle06 said:
zone911,

It could be that your file got bumped off of the streamlined queue because you had to reschedule the fp appt. Just a guess. The whole process seems very touchy.

Is anyone waiting for FP appointment?

08-10-06: Application Sent
08-17-06: Application Received
08-17-06: Priority Date

11-11-06: Phone Call: Was told that there is a delay in FP
appoinments and I would be receiving it in two weeks

11-29-06: InfoPass at Chicago. I was told they know nothing about FP.
Their computer shows FBI name chck pending

Question: Do they do FBI namecheck without FP?

What to do next?

hominid said:
11-29-06: InfoPass at Chicago. I was told they know nothing about FP.
Their computer shows FBI name chck pending ...

What does this mean? Obviously FPs seem to be happening within a month of application, they didn't tell you why you haven't been finger printed yet? I would suggest another Infopass to see if they can get you that basic answer. It's not the mystery name-check issue (even though at times everything seems to be a mystery with USCIS).

eo23 said:
Hi MJ-Legacy,

Thank you for your recommendation, I am definitely trying to be as proactive as possible.

I will file a FOIPA right away.

How can I request my name check status from the FBI?

I thought they do not do that over the phone anymore.

I am going for another infopass end of January to find out whether it has cleared.

Let me know. Thanks.

here is a thread that could get you lots of infomration:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

by the way from what I have learned best thing to do is to send a letter to FBI requesting the status of name check, you could do that via email too: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov, fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
but since they have a huge volume of requests it might take few months until you get something back.....
welcome to the club and good luck

thanks
MJ-Legacy

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try sending email. But I doubt it will work. I had send quite a few requests to this email address since this April. I go nothing back. It is just my 2 cents. You might be luckier than me.

Jack

MJ-Legacy said:

by the way from what I have learned best thing to do is to send a letter to FBI requesting the status of name check, you could do that via email too: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov, fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
but since they have a huge volume of requests it might take few months until you get something back.....

thanks
MJ-Legacy

MJ-Legacy said:

thanks
MJ-Legacy

Hi MJ,

What would it add if I request my name check status from the FBI?

I already found out from my infopass that my name check is pending.

I spoke with a lawyer and paralegal today. Both gave me different opinions about the name check. The lawyer said that there is nothing that can be done per se and that I just have to wait. On the other hand, I called a respectable law firm in Chicago the paralegal mentioned that if my name check is not completed 90 days after FP (December 20th for me) then I could potentially take some legal action - she mentioned a court order for 'failure to complete in due time' (sounds like a WOM).

Either way, I am going to wait until the end of January and take the next steps.

1) Contact Congressman and get them involved (Lawyer's recommendation)
2) Take another infopass to check status
3) Consult Law firm and see what legal action to be done

The way I see it, the earlier I start the better.

What is your timeline by the way? Is your name check also pending?

Thanks scarlethawk for the reply.

The Chicago office is saying that the Nebraska office is handling the FP appointments and Chicago office has no info about it.

scarlethawk said:
What does this mean? Obviously FPs seem to be happening within a month of application, they didn't tell you why you haven't been finger printed yet? I would suggest another Infopass to see if they can get you that basic answer. It's not the mystery name-check issue (even though at times everything seems to be a mystery with USCIS).

FBI Phone #

MJA said:
FBI does not give name check status on the phone anymore.
I want to check the status of my finger prints.

AD 11/09/2006
FPN 11/17/2006
FP 11/28/2006

I just want to check the status of Finger prints result.

my Citizenship update

Mo-wonder said:
Application Sent - 07/01/2006
Received - 07/03/2006
Check Encashed - 7/08/2006.
Receipt date -07/10/2006
Fingerprint Notification -7/17/06
Finger Appointment - 07/27/06
Interview Date - 10/04/06
Oath letter sent - 11/09/06
oath date - 11/16/06
applied for passport same day 11/16/06 express paid $157
passport received today 11/30/06

Thanks to everyone for the information this forum is really helpful and good luck to the one waiting for oath and interviews...

Congrats!!! My oath was 5 days after you and I applied for my expedited passport on 11/21. So I should have it on 12/05 :)
According to my wife, I can then make my "passport sandwich". A green one between two blue ones!!!

Mo-wonder said:
oath date - 11/16/06
applied for passport same day 11/16/06 express paid $157
passport received today 11/30/06

Triple Citizen said:
Congrats!!! My oath was 5 days after you and I applied for my expedited passport on 11/21. So I should have it on 12/05 :)
According to my wife, I can then make my "passport sandwich". A green one between two blue ones!!!

Saif,

As far as I know Pakistan doesn't officially recognize multiple citizenship. How can you still be a Pakistani citizens if you were naturalized in Canada and the US?

Hi,
Your knowledge is incorrect I am afraid. I know for a fact that Pakistan has no issues with dual citizenship. You can verify it with the Ministry of Interior if you like. Also any Pakistani consulate/embassy/high commission will verify that for you. My father was in the Pakistani diplomatic service for 34 years and part of his duties dealt with citizenship issues. I know Pakistan's stance on dual citizenship very well.

Have a look at http://www.pakmission.ca/MRP_req.pdf

These are requirements for obtaining a Pakistani passport from the consulate in Toronto. As a supporting document one has to show either valid Canadian status, Canadian PR card or a Canadian passport.

You might be confusing Pakistan's laws with India. India is very particular about not allowing its citizens to acquire another citizenship without relinquishing Indian citizenship.

PR2001Cit2007 said:
Saif,

As far as I know Pakistan doesn't officially recognize multiple citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight OT: passport update

Hi,
Just received my passport in the mail, 11 days after applying for it. This completes my passport sandwich :)