Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

DMAX said:
Nothing so far. Unless I get stuck in "Name Check" hell, I am hoping to receive interview letter in a week or two.

Hey DMAX,

Take a look at the average statistics for the Chicago DO, they are on this thread. Basically if you do not receive it 12 weeks after PD then I would suggest an infopass. That is what I am doing on Wednesday, I am on my 13th week since FP and need to just go and have a peace of mind and find out whats going on.

Relax for now, honestly if you receive a letter before 9-12 weeks since PD then great! Otherwise, wait until then to worry.

Good luck!

Dec Dates

When does the Dec dates gets updated? Are there any particular dates or court decides random dates?

scarlethawk, My interview was done on 11/22. Please update when you get your oath date.

Received Oath Letter

We received our oath letters. My wife got hers over the weekend. It was mailed out the day after her interview. I got mine today. It was mailed out three days after the interview. Unfortunately, they did not manage to get us into the same ceremony but both ceremonies are on Dec 7. I was a bit worried when she got her letter before me because up till this point, everything had happended together for us. So much for the interview officers' trying to get us into the same ceremony - but that's ok. I am surprised that it went so fast.

inseattle06 said:
My wife and I had our interviews today. Both of our interviews were at the same time at 101 W Congress Park Way. We arrived an hour early and spent close to half an hour at the Statbucks nearby because the interview letters said not to arrive more than 30 mins in advance. In retrospect, it probably wouldn't have been a problem to show up an hour early because the place was practically empty. We showed the lady at the counter our letters and she told us to sit down at the far end of the hall. There were around a dozen people there. People were there in standard street clothing and it didn't look like they were carrying any documents aside from their interview letters. I had a thin file with me that included my taxes for the past year along with the records for a speeding ticket. I was called within half an hour. The officer was very cordial and all of them were nicely dressed and extremely polite. I swore in and then sat down. He gave me the list of citizenship questions and then read them out one by one while I answered them. After that, he went through my app while also explaining some of the benefits of citizenship. I had a shoplifting arrest 18 years ago that was dismissed. I told him about that when we got to that section. He mentioned that one arrest is fine. He didn't ask for any documentation. He looked at my date of birth on the application and confirmed that I didn't need to register with selective service. I had a letter from selective service but he didn't want to see it. At the end, he told me that he would recommend me for citizenship and that I should get the oath letter within 5 - 7 weeks. Because my wife was also interviewing, he mentioned that he would try to get us the same oath date. When I walked out, my wife was already back from her interview eventhough she started after me. I guess my interview officer and I chated about all sorts of random stuff. She was told that her oath letter should show up in 60 - 90 days. Let's hope my guy was right! In the end, I am glad I didn't stress out collecting lots and lots of documents because I didn't need anything. This was definitely the most pleasant experience I have ever had at a government office. Those folks were amazing. Did I mention that the female officers are gorgeous!!

Hope this helps someone.

Hi,
Congrats!!! My oath letter arrived exactly 4 weeks from my interview date. I was told 3-5 weeks and it landed right in the middle of the expected wait time. My oath took place exactly 4 months from my PD. I too was surprised.
Have fun at the oath.

inseattle06 said:
We received our oath letters. My wife got hers over the weekend. It was mailed out the day after her interview. I got mine today. It was mailed out three days after the interview. Unfortunately, they did not manage to get us into the same ceremony but both ceremonies are on Dec 7. I was a bit worried when she got her letter before me because up till this point, everything had happended together for us. So much for the interview officers' trying to get us into the same ceremony - but that's ok. I am surprised that it went so fast.

inseattle06 said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing your interview experience.

inseattle06 said:

Congratulations! Looking at your time lines, two weeks for the interview letter ... not bad. Please remember to share oath experience.

Looking at all the dates here, I am stuck in Name check hell. I have a very common Muslim name.

Here is my TimeLine

Application Received at INS (USPS Priority Mail): Sept 11, 2006
Priority Date: Sept 11, 2006
Check Cashed: Sept 12, 2006
Receipt Notice: Sept 18, 2006
Finger Notice Sent: Sept 18,2006
Scheduled Appt: 9/28/2006
Out of Town -- Re-Scheduled Appt: Oct. 7, 2006
INS Closed due to Columbus day holiday!!!
Walk in Finger Print Taken: Oct 10, 2006

Interview Letter: Waiting....
Oath Date: Waiting.....

I called the FBI number and my finger print results were returned the next day.

zone911,

It could be that your file got bumped off of the streamlined queue because you had to reschedule the fp appt. Just a guess. The whole process seems very touchy.

zone911 said:
Looking at all the dates here, I am stuck in Name check hell. I have a very common Muslim name.

Here is my TimeLine

Application Received at INS (USPS Priority Mail): Sept 11, 2006
Priority Date: Sept 11, 2006
Check Cashed: Sept 12, 2006
Receipt Notice: Sept 18, 2006
Finger Notice Sent: Sept 18,2006
Scheduled Appt: 9/28/2006
Out of Town -- Re-Scheduled Appt: Oct. 7, 2006
INS Closed due to Columbus day holiday!!!
Walk in Finger Print Taken: Oct 10, 2006

Interview Letter: Waiting....
Oath Date: Waiting.....

I called the FBI number and my finger print results were returned the next day.

scarlethawk,
I hope you are right...and I'll get IL soon.

It's just that I was thinking about traveling and this whole process puts my life into PAUSE mode..

Hi,
Your life will be on hold as long as you let it be on hold. I took three separate week long holidays during my N-400. One of them was after the interview. Just make sure that there is someone to collect your mail. You also need to make sure that you have the willingness and ability to rush back home for the interview and/or oath.

zone911 said:
scarlethawk,
It's just that I was thinking about traveling and this whole process puts my life into PAUSE mode..

zone911 said:
scarlethawk,
I hope you are right...and I'll get IL soon.

As Triple Citizen mentioned just plan accordingly and be sure somebody is checking your mail in your absence and you have the capacity to come back at a short notice. I know it's tough, I am going through the same, but don't let it overwhelm you. Good Luck!

Waiting for Interview letter since April 2006

Man...... nothing happened to my N400 application since April 2006

Timeline:
April 2006 N400
June 2006 FP
July 2006 FBI FOIPA
Augest 2006 Congressman
Sept 2006 Durbin
Sept 2006 CAIR - Chicago Chapter (Lawsuit)
Interview XX
Oath XX

niether Senator nor Congress man were able to do a thing, guess who I would vote for had I become a citizen?

I have seen most of the candidates around have been processed,
It is that most common muslim name I have; got me on all these troubles.

any advise?
thanks

Hi,
Have you made an infopass appointment and asked for a case status? Just curious, since your post does not clarify if you have taken this step.

My real reason for being waiting so anxiously because of my wife's visa. We have been married for four years and the only way she come is when I become a citizen.

For those of you who don't know, the average time right now for GreenCard spouse to sponsor is around 6-7 years!!

Good luck to everyone...I know, I will need it.

zone911 said:
My real reason for being waiting so anxiously because of my wife's visa. We have been married for four years and the only way she come is when I become a citizen.

For those of you who don't know, the average time right now for GreenCard spouse to sponsor is around 6-7 years!!

Good luck to everyone...I know, I will need it.

I just sent you a private message as well, but ... Good Luck!