Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

120 days between the interview and the oath? wow...i had my interview (san antonio) last week and i am also "watching" the mail person :rolleyes:

i sure hope it does not take 120 days for the oath

Received NOA

Received NOA today with missing evidence exception. Based on the various forum posts, I guess I shouldn't worry about it now. Let me know if anyone out there thinks otherwise.

don't worrie about it...you must take all originals with you at the time of the interview..

Waiting for Oath Letter

I am also waiting for my Oath Letter after an interview on 10/17/06.
Seems like it has started to take little longer.

imminfog said:

Can you please post your timeline...

Thanks

Mo-wonder said:
Can you please post your timeline...

Thanks

Never mind. i saw it...Yup it does slow down at the end..i guess to make the 6 month timeline..mine was 10.04.06 i called again today and still nothing one thing i was not sure of when i asked him about about my name check he said their still waiting to complete the background check, this is when it gets confusing as of my knowledge the person won't get an interview until all the clearance is done starting last may and now it's a different story!!! well i'm not going to stress myself over it.. :cool:
I'll just wait i guess it's only been 4 months now since PD 07.10

N400 Timeline Chicago(NSC)

My updated timeline -

Application Sent - 7/24/2006 [ Regular USPS ]
Received - 8/01/2006
Check Encashed - 8/03/2006.
Receipt date -8/01/2006
Fingerprint Notification -8/04/06
Fingerprint Appointment - 08/17/06
Interview Letter Received - 09/11/06
Interview Date - 10/18/06
Oath Letter Received - 11/04/06
Oath Date - 11/14/06

Last edited by a moderator:
hey all... well, it's done for me too ... got sworn in as a US citizen this past Thursday, November 2nd, with a priority date of May 26. 5 months and a week, with a substantial delay between interview and oath ceremony (nearly 2 months). The impatience was agonizing, but technically, everything was "under normal wait times," so in retrospect, I can't complain; although, I would've liked it to move a little quicker. Here's some advice as someone who's just gone through it.

1- Stay aware of others' timelines, especially those who have similar dates as yours.

2- If you don't receive a notice when expected, or when others with similar timelines already have, contact USCIS at their toll-free number.

3- I never received an oath letter, and only learned I had an upcoming ceremony by persistent calls to USCIS; when you're waiting on a letter, I'd advise to call every week, that way you'll be privy of any updates. If they ever complain to you that you don't need to call every time, remind them that you know of people who only learned of certain ongoings by calling.

4- As far as the oath ceremony goes, don't drink the night before. :D It was painful sitting in the court room waiting for the ceremony to commence and end. With a hangover. I had my ceremony on 219 dearborn street. there's a parking garage about 2 blocks south of the federal building on dearborn. It cost roughly 20 dollars for the 2.5 hours I was parked there. And it's ok to go to the ceremony if you haven't received your oath letter, just mention it to them when they speak with you. Basically, the letter informs you to bring your green card with you, as well as complete a form on the back of the letter asking you if you've done anything illegal since your interview, such as prostituted yourself. lol. Yeah, cuz that's the first thing I thought of doing after my interview.

Anyways ... good luck to all of you and I'll be on here n there if someone has a particular question or you can e-mail me through my profile on this forum.

Peace out.

edit: oh yeah, if you never receive the oath letter, the form that comes with it will be provided to you at the ceremony so don't stress it at all. just bring a pen with you, or borrow one from the old lady standing next to you. just make sure she doesn't give you her makeup pen by mistake. hmmmm ... who'd that happen to?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
burbs1 said:
My updated timeline -

Received - 8/01/2006
Receipt date -8/01/2006
Oath Date - 11/14/06

HI Burbs!
Your PD was 08.01 and you got your oath letter..that's fast.
Mine was 07.10 and still waiting for the oath letter...basicly there is no line with the immigration just to wait...i will call again end of next week if no letter received just like Chi-guy said!! by the way congratulation Chi-guy and Burbs..

imminfog said:

Try to call the 800... ask all kind of questions..if all security clearance is done!!..hopefully you'll get it soon.

DMAX, help!

Hey DMAX,

We have similiar timeline, I still did not receive NOA.

Could you please help and answer me 3 questions?

1. When did you become permanent resident?
2. Do you see status online?
3. Could you post or send me PM with part of your case number so that I can track mine?

DMAX said:
Received NOA today with missing evidence exception. Based on the various forum posts, I guess I shouldn't worry about it now. Let me know if anyone out there thinks otherwise.

globeseer said:
Hi e023,

Haven't seen you post in a while. Did you receive your Interview letter yet ?

Thanks.

Have you checked the online status to see if your case still showing or disapeared..if it disparead as not found than the interview letter is on the way to you!! good luck

I'm still waiting for my oath letter..my interview date was on 10.04.

Mo-wonder said:
Have you checked the online status to see if your case still showing or disapeared..if it disparead as not found than the interview letter is on the way to you!! good luck

I'm still waiting for my oath letter..my interview date was on 10.04.

Hi all,

I have yet to receive my interview notification. This is my 10th week since PD so I am giving myself until the end of November to schedule an infopass and see whats going on. I pray that I do not get stuck in name check.

I am monitoring my online status everyday and check my mailbox regularly and I am just hoping for the best.

Mo-wonder, could you share your interview experience?

Globeseer, be sure to let me know once you receive your interview notification.

Thanks all and will keep posting.

Waiting For Oath Letter!

Here is my time line

Application Sent - 07/01/2006
Received - 07/03/2006
Check Encashed - 7/08/2006.
Receipt date -07/10/2006
Fingerprint Notification -7/17/06
Finger Appointment - 07/27/06
Interview Date - 10/04
Oath letter send - XXXX
oath date - XXXX

Interview was at 9:05AM got there at 08.30 it was very very quick as soon as i handed my interview letter to the clerk i was asked to sit..before i even sat the officer called my name and asked to raise my right hand to swear to tell the truth. the officer did not smile or anything man!! quickly asked for GG. passport. ID and than started asking me questions about the US History which i answered all of them correctly ..was about 6 questions...how many suppreme courts are they??? and few more very easy..asked to write "congress is part of the united states" than went over the application with questions for every page..i have noticed the a white sheet in the file similar to one was when i went for my GG interview i believe it's the result of the FBI fingerprint. at the end asked me to sign my pictures and handed me the N-652 form with the recommened for approval. said i should receive the oath letter between 2 weeks and 4 months ..not sure if said 4 months or 4 weeks..i think 4 months...i was out in about 10 minutes. :rolleyes:

hey people ... just another word of advice; in a previous post, i mentioned that if you're waiting on an oath ceremony letter, you should follow up with them, but it's probably in your best interest if you're waiting on any letter to call USCIS every week just to make sure you're privy of any changes in your status, such as a scheduled interview date. i say this from personal experience because i never received a letter for the oath ceremony and only learned of it through a phone call to USCIS.

good luck.

chi-guy said:
hey people ... just another word of advice; in a previous post, i mentioned that if you're waiting on an oath ceremony letter, you should follow up with them, but it's probably in your best interest if you're waiting on any letter to call USCIS every week just to make sure you're privy of any changes in your status, such as a scheduled interview date. i say this from personal experience because i never received a letter for the oath ceremony and only learned of it through a phone call to USCIS.

good luck.

Yes Chi-guy...I will be calling every end of the week!! thank you and congratulations!!!

chicagolady said:
Hey DMAX,

We have similiar timeline, I still did not receive NOA.

Could you please help and answer me 3 questions?

1. When did you become permanent resident?
2. Do you see status online?
3. Could you post or send me PM with part of your case number so that I can track mine?
Chicagolady,

Sorry to hear that you haven't received NOA still. Hope it should be there in couple of days.

In the meanwhile here are the answers to your questions.

1. 11/03/01
2. Yes I can see my case status on USCIS website.
3. For case #, if your bank provides online banking facility then you should be able to see check prints on the bank's website. These check prints should have your case # on the front side on the check.

I don't think my partial case # will help you at all. My wife case # (which was filed at the same time) is different then mine.

hope this helps

N400 Timeline Chicago(NSC)

My updated timeline (posted previously)

Received - 8/01/2006
Receipt date -8/01/2006