Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Chicago Interview Experiences

Interview experience(s) for self and spouse in Chicago (under oath!) -

-- asked for passport, driver's license and green card
-- checked original birth certificate for name
-- asked 6 civics questions
-- confirmed employment and travel information for updates
-- confirmed responses to all questions on N-400 (part 10)
-- asked to sign the form and the photos
-- wait for oath letter (4-6 weeks)

Oath

Today ( 11/8/06), I received oath letter. Oath is scheduled on 11/16/06 ( Interviewed on 10/17/06 ).
I hope others waiting for oath also hear soon. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
imminfog said:
Today ( 11/8/06), I received oath letter. Oath is scheduled on 11/16/06 ( Interviewed on 10/17/06 ).

Here I go :) ...same here i just got my oath letter today in the mail like usual i was next to mail man while he is putting the mail in the box seriously he things i'm watching his work or something....he doesn't i never liked the mail box more than this days :) hoooohaaaa...scheduled on 11.16.04 i was suppose to be out of town from 10.13.06 to 10.18.06 but heck no i will be back the 15th .

Good luck to everyone else ..Immigration really improving ...way to go !!!

Good luck to new people who are waiting for interview letters...you will get it soon just keep checking your case online if it disapear means your interview letter is on the way...i will be visiting from time to time./

I guess

DMAX,

I hope you are right that it should come in couple of days.

Our bank did provide us with LIN number...somehow it has * after LIN, which seems wierd and plus when I check the status, I get the message saying it can not be found.

I am eagerly waiting to check my mail today, hope it comes.

Do you know if online status gets updated first OR you get the receipt in the mail first?

Thanks for the info you provided.

keep us posted on your status, Good luck.
DMAX said:
Chicagolady,

Sorry to hear that you haven't received NOA still. Hope it should be there in couple of days.

In the meanwhile here are the answers to your questions.

1. 11/03/01
2. Yes I can see my case status on USCIS website.
3. For case #, if your bank provides online banking facility then you should be able to see check prints on the bank's website. These check prints should have your case # on the front side on the check.

I don't think my partial case # will help you at all. My wife case # (which was filed at the same time) is different then mine.

hope this helps

imminfog said:

same day oath ceremony..mine at 12PM. :)

chicagolady said:
DMAX,

I hope you are right that it should come in couple of days.

Our bank did provide us with LIN number...somehow it has * after LIN, which seems wierd and plus when I check the status, I get the message saying it can not be found.

I am eagerly waiting to check my mail today, hope it comes.

Do you know if online status gets updated first OR you get the receipt in the mail first?

Thanks for the info you provided.

keep us posted on your status, Good luck.

Chicagolady,

At USCIS' Case Status page, try to add three zeros right after LIN* part, before the rest of the case number.

Example: For LIN*987654, enter LIN*00098654

I had the same thing written on my cleared check and then later received an NOA letter with the case number with three zeros part. Hope this helps

Tried

PR2001Cit2007,

They did have 000 after LIN* and I tried that but doesn't show up. :(

PR2001Cit2007 said:
Chicagolady,

At USCIS' Case Status page, try to add three zeros right after LIN* part, before the rest of the case number.

Example: For LIN*987654, enter LIN*00098654

I had the same thing written on my cleared check and then later received an NOA letter with the case number with three zeros part. Hope this helps

chicagolady said:
PR2001Cit2007,

They did have 000 after LIN* and I tried that but doesn't show up. :(
Don't worry Chicagolady. If your checks are cashed then the notice should be on its way. When my checks were cashed, I also couldn't see the status of the case. Only after receiving the notice I was able to register the app# on USCIS website.

Also, the case status message on USCIS website is very generic. not very useful so far.

hang in there.

You were right

Hey DMAX,

You were right, I got Receipt and FP appointment letters together in the mail today. Details are in the signature.

But, LIN number on the back of the check and on receipt date is different. USCIS is just like a black box, you never know what you will get. Anyway, I am really happy that it's not stuck at least.

I will keep you posted :)

DMAX said:
Don't worry Chicagolady. If your checks are cashed then the notice should be on its way. When my checks were cashed, I also couldn't see the status of the case. Only after receiving the notice I was able to register the app# on USCIS website.

Also, the case status message on USCIS website is very generic. not very useful so far.

hang in there.

My updated timeline

I'm quite surprised with the progress of my naturalization application. I didn't think that I would expect to get a letter for an interview for at least a few more weeks, but I just received the notice today. I'm updating my timeline below. Good luck to every one and I wish you the same speediness.

------------

Eligibility: 5 yrs since on 12/12/01
PR Classification: E37 using AC21 law
DO: Chicago

09/29/06: Mailed the application (USPS Priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/02/06: Received and Priority Date
10/05/06: Check Cleared (1 check made to USCIS)
10/10/06: Notice Date
10/11/06: FP Notice (received in the mail on 10/16/06)
10/21/06: FP Appt at ASC in Uptown, Chicago
11/07/06: Received I-797C Notice to Appear for Natz Initial Interview
12/20/06: Scheduled Interview Date at USCIS Office in Chicago (101 W Congress Pkway)

PR2001Cit2007 said:
baywaiter,

Yes, my online status at uscis.gov website has dissappeared.

Congrats! I am still waiting patiently for my case status to disappear. I am going to schedule an infopass end of this month if I do not receive anything until then.

How long did it take to receive the letter after the case status disappeared? Also, I presume your name check has been cleared since you have been scheduled an interview, correct?

Good luck on the interview and I will definitely keep you posted.

eo23 said:
Congrats! I am still waiting patiently for my case status to disappear. I am going to schedule an infopass end of this month if I do not receive anything until then.

How long did it take to receive the letter after the case status disappeared? Also, I presume your name check has been cleared since you have been scheduled an interview, correct?

Good luck on the interview and I will definitely keep you posted.

updated timeline

Question regarding Oath Ceremony

I have two questions regarding Oath Ceremony.
Will appreciate if any one who attended the Oath ceremony could comment.

I am planning to go to oath ceremony with my 10 year old daughter. Only we two will be going. Is it going to be an issue ?
Are camcoders allowed?

Thanks.

imminfog said:
I have two questions regarding Oath Ceremony.
Will appreciate if any one who attended the Oath ceremony could comment.

I am planning to go to oath ceremony with my 10 year old daughter. Only we two will be going. Is it going to be an issue ?
Are camcoders allowed?

Thanks.

Hi

1) Yes family members is allowed.
2) I know digital camera's were accepted but not sure of camcorders.

God luck...

I dont have my passport..my interview is on tuesday...what should i bring instead??? pay stubs, school stuff showing i was in the country at all times or what should i do if i dont have a passport to show them???please help

tderev1 said:
I dont have my passport..my interview is on tuesday...what should i bring instead??? pay stubs, school stuff showing i was in the country at all times or what should i do if i dont have a passport to show them???please help

I would suggest everything or anything that proves you were in the US for the last five years. A letter for your employer(s) that were working in XYZ facility for duration of employment might help. Credit card statements, school transcripts, etc will also help. Doesn't hurt to take more and be on the cautious side.

Also, please remember to share your interview experience with us after you are done. Thanks!

Good Luck!