Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

plangkitok said:
how do I check with Chicago USCIS if they send an Oath letter to me or not? does anybody knows the phone number? or I have to go to the office? thanks

yes this info would indeed be helpful, as i'm very impatient. i'm done with my schooling in chicago so now i'm just waiting for this letter and the oath ceremony so i can move on with my life.

You could call the 1800 number, just my 2 cents is you are over reacting. I have a feeling that you got your application pulled for quality control.

Oath letters

I'm in the same boat as you, chi-guy, and equally keen to move-on-with-things. Had my interview on 9/6 and still waiting for the oath letter. It looks like folks on this board have received oath letters from 9/5 interviews (oath on 9/28) and from 9/7 interviews (oath on 10/3). At least, there appears to be consistency in both us 9/6ers not having heard yet. :rolleyes:

There are no oath dates between 9/28 and 10/3, so I'm hoping we get ours on 9/28 rather than 10/3.

Once I am eligible to vote as a citizen, I really look forward to expressing my displeasure at how slowly the whole naturalization process has been handled. If I remember my civics correctly, our current senators are Durbin and Obama. :mad:

chi-guy said:
yes this info would indeed be helpful, as i'm very impatient. i'm done with my schooling in chicago so now i'm just waiting for this letter and the oath ceremony so i can move on with my life.

invest2bfree said:
You could call the 1800 number, just my 2 cents is you are over reacting. I have a feeling that you got your application pulled for quality control.

if that's the case, does anyone know how long of a delay i should expect.

I finally got my Oath letter today, for all the guys still hasnt gotten theirs and thinking about calling the 800 number, if it hasnt been a month since your interview dont bother calling, you'll be on-hold for a while only to be told to wait until the 30th day since your interview and call if you havent receive anything...

I'm not sure if you schedule an appointment for Infopass, I almost did since I saw a post of somebody who lost their Oath letter in the mail and didnt know he's suppose to showup at a certain date...

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Pattern to longer wait for oath letters?

Plangkitok - Did you report any citations, arrests, etc on you application (N-400)? Both Chi-Guy and I reported citations and I am trying to see if that is the common theme amongst those who have had to wait longer than expected for their oath letters.

May be they do an additional check up or something after they have collected / photocopied / noted the tickets as supporting evidence during the interview. Perhaps they don't know much about citations until they actually see the evidence that you supply! If so, this may be something to consider for those weighing the perennial issue of whether or not to report traffic citations. :confused:

plangkitok said:
I finally got my Oath letter today, for all the guys still hasnt gotten theirs and thinking about calling the 800 number, if it hasnt been a month since your interview dont bother calling, you'll be on-hold for a while only to be told to wait until the 30th day since your interview and call if you havent receive anything...

I'm not sure if you schedule an appointment for Infopass, I almost did since I saw a post of somebody who got their Oath letter in the mail and didnt know he's suppose to showup at a certain date...

good luck

RakishS said:
Plangkitok - Did you report any citations, arrests, etc on you application (N-400)? Both Chi-Guy and I reported citations and I am trying to see if that is the common theme amongst those who have had to wait longer than expected for their oath letters.

May be they do an additional check up or something after they have collected / photocopied / noted the tickets as supporting evidence during the interview. Perhaps they don't know much about citations until they actually see the evidence that you supply! If so, this may be something to consider for those weighing the perennial issue of whether or not to report traffic citations. :confused:

I didn't have any citation, yet it took a while until I get my Oath letter...

My application is really simple, besides my trips outside US, theres nothing else I have to submit (I was never married, didnt list any traffic tickets, no convictions, etc.)

What is your oath date, Plangkitok? You mentioned you received the letter on Sept 19, but when is the ceremony?

plangkitok said:
I didn't have any citation, yet it took a while until I get my Oath letter...

My application is really simple, besides my trips outside US, theres nothing else I have to submit (I was never married, didnt list any traffic tickets, no convictions, etc.)

Oath date for Sept 6 interview

Chi-guy -

Have you received your oath letter yet? I have not. :(

chi-guy said:

RakishS said:
Chi-guy -

Have you received your oath letter yet? I have not. :(

no man, not yet, this is getting almost frustrating, and what sucks even more is we can't even call em because the "3-4 weeks" haven't elapsed yet. i'm just gonna be checking the post office every morning this week before my carrier goes on the road.

i'm gonna call them tomorrow ... it'll be 3 weeks complete tomorrow on waiting for this damn letter ... how hard can it possibly be to put a freekin stamp on a letter and drop it in a mailbox. lazy employees.

I still haven't received mine either. We should ask them why everyone with interviews on our date, Sept 6, hasn't received oath letters yet when people who had interviews the day before and the day after have recieved theirs. Did something special happen to the stuff from our day (like it got lost, went to the wrong processing center, was eaten by a purple dinosaur)? :eek:

chi-guy said:
i'm gonna call them tomorrow ... it'll be 3 weeks complete tomorrow on waiting for this damn letter ... how hard can it possibly be to put a freekin stamp on a letter and drop it in a mailbox. lazy employees.

Hi All

Finally completed my oath ceremony today in 219 S Dearborn St Court house. Then walked across to the post office and applied for a passport expedited.
The entire citizenship process took about 5 months (end of April to end of Sept.)

I use to visit this site regularly during my GC processing. It was a great help then. Then after a haitus of 5 years, I again visited this site for Citizenship information.

I want to thank every contributing member in the forum for their timely advise and support. I think this is a great community and the service it renders in invaluable..

Thanks everyone...

I will be visiting this site for a few more months. Please post any questions, and I will try and answer them to best of my knowledge...
Connan

connan said:
Hi All

Finally completed my oath ceremony today in 219 S Dearborn St Court house. Then walked across to the post office and applied for a passport expedited.
The entire citizenship process took about 5 months (end of April to end of Sept.)

I use to visit this site regularly during my GC processing. It was a great help then. Then after a haitus of 5 years, I again visited this site for Citizenship information.

I want to thank every contributing member in the forum for their timely advise and support. I think this is a great community and the service it renders in invaluable..

Thanks everyone...

I will be visiting this site for a few more months. Please post any questions, and I will try and answer them to best of my knowledge...
Connan

Hi Connan,

Congratulations!! I was wondering whether you could post your exact timeline. I am interested in knowing how long it takes to receive an interview letter after the FP have been taken, if you could advise I would really appreciate it, my timeline is below. Thanks and congratulations again!!

scarlethawk said:
Any recent interview notifications?

Not yet, how about you? Are you checking your status online as well? I've been told by several people on the forum that once it disappears, it is GENERALLY a good sign and that our applications will be sent to the local Chicago DO. Keep me posted!

hey scarlet ... i had gotten my interview notice exactly one month after my fingerprint date so you should be getting yours soon i'd guess. the interview itself was scheduled for 6 weeks later.