Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

I FILLED MY N-400 AS PER BELOW
N400 TIMELINE - CHICAGO DO
04/28/06 APP SENT TO NSC THROUGH USPS
05/01/06 PRIORITY DATE
05/17/06 FP NOA
06/06/06 FP APPT

NOT YET RECEIVED MY INTERVIEW LETTER....

I CHECKED SOME PEOPLE GET THERE INTERVIEW LETTER WHO APPLIED LATE THEN
MY TIME PERIOD IN CHICAGO DO

WHAT HAPPEND ACTUAL IN MINE CASE?

FROMUSCIS.GOV WEBSITE I CHECKED IN CHICAGO DO.

They processed N-400 of 10 feb petetion.

BUT SOME OF PEOPLE WHO FILLED IN MAY 06 OR JUNE 06 RECEIVE THERE
INTERVIEW LETTER AND OATH ALSO.

HOW CAN IT POSSIBLE?

REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

tHANX...

not yet ... waiting on my damn oath letter.

submitted app end of may.
had the fingerprint appointment on june 16.
received interview letter on july 16.
interviewed on sept. 6

still waiting on the oath letter and the ceremoney itself.

chi-guy said:
hey scarlet ... i had gotten my interview notice exactly one month after my fingerprint date so you should be getting yours soon i'd guess. the interview itself was scheduled for 6 weeks later.

I estimated (from this forum) that it takes about 4-7 weeks after FP to get an interview and those people with such timelines had NO NAME CHECK ISSUE. Chi-guy, did your case status disappear? If so, how long after you were interviewed?

bhaniria said:
I FILLED MY N-400 AS PER BELOW
N400 TIMELINE - CHICAGO DO
04/28/06 APP SENT TO NSC THROUGH USPS
05/01/06 PRIORITY DATE
05/17/06 FP NOA
06/06/06 FP APPT

NOT YET RECEIVED MY INTERVIEW LETTER....

I CHECKED SOME PEOPLE GET THERE INTERVIEW LETTER WHO APPLIED LATE THEN
MY TIME PERIOD IN CHICAGO DO

WHAT HAPPEND ACTUAL IN MINE CASE?

FROMUSCIS.GOV WEBSITE I CHECKED IN CHICAGO DO.

They processed N-400 of 10 feb petetion.

BUT SOME OF PEOPLE WHO FILLED IN MAY 06 OR JUNE 06 RECEIVE THERE
INTERVIEW LETTER AND OATH ALSO.

HOW CAN IT POSSIBLE?

REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

tHANX...

I think its a good idea for you to schedule an infopass appointment and find out whats going on with your case since you "might" (but necessarily) stuck in name check. Keep us posted if you get the interview letter anytime soon.

scarlethawk said:
Yes, of course, I have checks on status online.

Hopefully it will disappear soon. :)

Sounds good, I am keeping a close eye and will let you know whether mine disappears or I receive an interview letter.

ok, so i still haven't gotten my oath ceremony letter. i had my interview on the 6th of september, and now it's just 4 days short of 4 complete weeks. I called the 1-800 number and they had no additional info; i was going to schedule an infopass appointment but the earliest date available is oct. 13th.

does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Chi-Guy,

My spouse interviewed on sept. 20th, and this past friday Sept 27th, she got her oath letter for October 12th. Just trying to help with timelines for oaths from interview dates for Chicago district.

thanks for the info nojob ... but reading your post just angers me more :mad:

this has become completely frustrating

101 W Congress PKWY : What is a better alternative : parking garage / train

Question for fellows who interviewed at 101 W Congress PKWY:

What would be a good parking garage / parking place for interview at -
101 W Congress PKWY around 1PM ?
Seems like blue line has a stop very close by.
Would that be better choice ?

Thanks.

Metra

I'd take the Metra and get off at Union Stn., and take a cab. It's cheaper with the cab.

scarlethawk said:
Any recent interview notifications?

Not yet, but I just found out that the case number directly before cannot be found in the system which hopefully means that it has been transferred to the Chicago DO and that my case number as well as the batch that day should be moving as well.

Did you check you case number? It should disappear very soon, if it hasnt already. Let me know.

disappeared case status

eo23 said:
Not yet, but I just found out that the case number directly before cannot be found in the system which hopefully means that it has been transferred to the Chicago DO and that my case number as well as the batch that day should be moving as well.

Did you check you case number? It should disappear very soon, if it hasnt already. Let me know.

mine disappeared today
send out 8/30/2006
fp 9/20/2006

Wow, tderev1, FP on 9/20/2006 and looks like you will have IV letter soon. Good Luck!

Mine has still not disappeared. :confused:

scarlethawk said:
BTW I checked a few numbers before me and they haven't been done either.

It's a little hard to tell how they work but I think it's in batches. For example I am in the batch which was received on September 5th. I suppose tderev1 as well. Keep me posted for sure.

eo23 said:

eon23, do you know that consecutive case numbers get assigned to the same DO, or is this just an assumption? I mean if two applications coming into a service center receive consecutive numbers they could easily end up at different DO served by that center. If so, the fact that the preceding case numbers have vanished is of limited value, wouldn't you agree?

hh137 said:
eon23, do you know that consecutive case numbers get assigned to the same DO, or is this just an assumption? I mean if two applications coming into a service center receive consecutive numbers they could easily end up at different DO served by that center. If so, the fact that the preceding case numbers have vanished is of limited value, wouldn't you agree?

I was actually thinking about that, thats very true. In essence, these are all merely speculations and a way to guesstimate the process and timeline. Are you in the Chicago DO as well? Has your case disappeared yet?