Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

There is no guidelines on that issue. I went three weeks after online status changed. I was told to be patient. I said three weeks is a good period to raise question on a domestic mail.

Managing Interview date/early FP walk in

Folks. My FP is on Oct 19 nd but the PR 5 year date is 12/11/09.

Do you suggest taking early walk in ?

FOR CHICAGO, if I do, i get an early interview date (let us say 12/01/09), how easy to reschedule interview date ? Is it via 1-800 number ? Hassle ? How easy to get a preferred date ? Is all booked for few weeks in Chicago ?

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions

DO: Chicago
Type: Marriage
Filed: 48 days before 3 yr. GC anniversary

9/02/2009: N-400 Mailed
9/03/2009: N-400 Received by USCIS
9/03/2009: Priority Date
9/11/2009: Personal Check (cashed)
9/10/2009: NOA (I-797C) date
9/14/2009: Notice received date (mail)
9/30/2009: Online status changed to RFE
?/??/2009: FP Notice Received
?/??/2009: FP Appointment Date (Done)
?/??/2009: CFR - Check List Received
?/??/2009: Interview Letter Received
?/??/2009: Interview Date (ID)
?/??/2009: Oath Letter Received
?/??/2009: Oath Ceremony Date

maah_7, I may be wrong here but I was under the impression that for marriage based citizenship applications, you have to wait for full 3 years before applying (can't use the90 day rule). Are you sure your application is going to be okay since you said you mailed it 48 days before GC 3-year anniversary? Did you check with other more experienced people on the forum?

Well finally there is movement in my case. I have an interview date!

Filed: 4/24/09
Receipt Notice: 4/29/09
FP Appointment Notice: 5/7/09
FP: 5/22/09
Interview Doc Checklist: 6/4/09
Interview Letter: 9/16/09
Interview Date: 11/02/09

that's great news Misha_K. good luck with your interview. I am still waiting for my interview letter. I called the 1800 number just in case, and they told me there's no appointment date set for me yet. well, anyway, goodluck on your interview again!

maah_7, I may be wrong here but I was under the impression that for marriage based citizenship applications, you have to wait for full 3 years before applying (can't use the90 day rule). Are you sure your application is going to be okay since you said you mailed it 48 days before GC 3-year anniversary? Did you check with other more experienced people on the forum?

Here is what Guide to Naturalization M-476 says:
"If you are applying based on 5 years as a Permanent Resident or 3 years as a Permanent Resident married to a U.S. citizen, you
may file for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the continuous residence requirement. For example, if you are applying
based on 3 years of continuous residence as a Permanent Resident married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply any time after you
have been a Permanent Resident in continuous residence for 3 years minus 90 days. You may send your application before you
have met the requirement for continuous residence only. Therefore, you must still have been married to and living with your U.S.
citizen spouse for 3 years before you may file your application. You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements when
you file your application with USCIS."

I think you can apply 90 days before but you have to be married for full three years when you apply.

Email Updates

Received an email today. Not sure what it is, But I am hoping its FP notification.

Email below...

========== Email ===============

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 1, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

=========== End of EMail =====================

Received an email today. Not sure what it is, But I am hoping its FP notification.

Email below...

========== Email ===============

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 1, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

=========== End of EMail =====================

Recent trend indicates it is for FP.

I-485 update

A request to users: bobfrmEnzyte, saint365 & chicago75. :)

If it is not too much trouble, could you please post your complete timelines once again with any I-485 updated dates also please. There are few cases (including mine) where I-485 DATES were updated (though the I-485 MESSAGE remains the same old one) and we received yellow check list for N-400 immediately after that in the mail. Just trying to figure a reasonable timeframe when we can expect IL. Thanks.

If it is not too much trouble, could you please post your complete timelines once again with any I-485 updated dates also please. There are few cases (including mine) where I-485 DATES were updated (though the I-485 MESSAGE remains the same old one) and we received yellow check list for N-400 immediately after that in the mail. Just trying to figure a reasonable timeframe when we can expect IL. Thanks.

What does I-485 has to do with N-400 Application? Is'nt 485 change of status?
Any how my n400 timeline is in signature, my I-485 was approved in SEP 04.

When did u receive the YL ?

When did u receive the YL ?

I-485 LUD is 09/27/09. Yellow check list letter dated & mailed on 09/28/09 and received it in the mail on 10/01/09. Called USCIS then and their answer is, I am not scheduled for interview yet. They didn't even tell me if I am in the queue for the interview because someone here received IL letter today after waiting in the queue for 8 days. So trying to figure our if there is any link between I-485 LUD and IL. You can see the I-485 status change only by logging into your USCIS.gov account and see under the portfolio list (you can still add I-485 case to your portfolio). The message for the case will remain same though. Your feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeJoy,

That's definetly the FP.. It's just that they have worded that email differently. I was in the same boat as well. A day after i got that email i received my FP.

So, Enjoy your FP is on its way :) , Good Luck !

Thanks,.

I-485 LUD is 09/27/09. Yellow check list letter dated & mailed on 09/28/09 and received it in the mail on 10/01/09. Called USCIS then and their answer is, I am not scheduled for interview yet. They didn't even tell me if I am in the queue for the interview because someone here received IL letter today after waiting in the queue for 8 days. So trying to figure our if there is any link between I-485 LUD and IL. You can see the I-485 status change only by logging into your USCIS.gov account and see under the portfolio list (you can still add I-485 case to your portfolio). The message for the case will remain same though. Your feedback is appreciated.

Did u get u r GC by Employment or Marriage.

Did u get u r GC by Employment or Marriage.

Through employment and GC approved in Oct' 04. It's hard to believe the connection but few more people reported the same today. Can you please login into your account and see under the portfolio list if the LUD changed for I-485. Thanks.

Through employment and GC approved in Oct' 04. It's hard to believe the connection but few more people reported the same today. Can you please login into your account and see under the portfolio list if the LUD changed for I-485. Thanks.

I dont have i485 avaliable online in my list as i applied based on marriage, and back in 04 the I485 family based was handled at the local office. But i do have my I181 registered and its LUD as not changed.

Hope this helps :)

I think u will get u r letter this week, My YL was issued on 9/11/09 I received it on 9/16/09, and my IL was issued on 9/16/09 and I received it on 9/18/09

I think u will get u r letter this week, My YL was issued on 9/11/09 I received it on 9/16/09, and my IL was issued on 9/16/09 and I received it on 9/18/09

I noticed that before already but I thought you could help with the addl info requested. Thanks.

just returned from the interview. got through...
Was very easy ..Asked me to wait in the lobby and gave the appointment letter for oath on 13th October.( Much earlier than i expected).
Just asked for a state ID and green card.
Thanks to every one for their support through this journey.

Cograts gadcool!
can you provide more details? did you receive a yellow letter? or you received both IL and yellow.