Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Send a letter to the interviewing letter

Aero...

As instructed on ur N-652 form, I will recommend that u send a letter to ur interviewing officer to inquire about ur case. I think that will work as a personal reminder, and things will start moving even before your next info pass. If she/he takes notice, you may end up getting ur oath letter on ur next info pass, or even before.

All the best.:)

I had my appointment at the Chicago office on Monday. They told me that I was sceduled for December 5 at our local court for oath and they said that I will receive the letter soon. I did not receive any letter as of today.

What should I do if I do not receive this letter? Should I go to the court anyway?
Is there anyway I can locate this letter on the Internet?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

May 2006 submited n400
June 2006 - FP
July 2008 - FP
October 9 2008 -Interview date
Infopass - November 24
Oath - December 5 but no Letter????

Last edited by a moderator:
Aero...

As instructed on ur N-652 form, I will recommend that u send a letter to ur interviewing officer to inquire about ur case. I think that will work as a personal reminder, and things will start moving even before your next info pass. If she/he takes notice, you may end up getting ur oath letter on ur next info pass, or even before.

All the best.:)

Thanks AAZZ, sounds like a good idea. I'll do that.

How about you, did you hear anything on your oath??

aero_ir

I have an InfoPass scheduled tomorrow, the 12th. I applied almost two months ago, did my biometrics and still nothing. Just want to check up on my case and make sure my NC has cleared.

MY DEC 2008 N400 Timeline

Mail in Date - 11/26/08
RD - 12/01/08
PD - 12/0/08
FP Mailed - 12/12/08
FP Received - 12/16/08
FP Date - 12/26/08
IL Received - xx/xx/xxxx
Interview - xx/xx/xxxx
Oath - xx/xx/xxxx

You can get that info from an IO over the phone as well.

In the meantime, I got the yellow Case File Review notice asking me to bring a photo ID to the interview. I have not, as of yet, received my interview letter. Should I call and ask? If yes, how should I present my case as?

Thanks

what is a case file review notice? Does everyone get it? I have my IL but no case file review notice....

Here's what a USCIS document says about it:

Question: Recently, one of our affiliates has received several notices from the NBC for N-400 applications filed by refugees. The notices state that the applicants should bring (1) their birth certificates or secondary evidence of birth and (2) a state issued driver’s license or photo ID card to their
naturalization interview. Are these requirements a new policy? Are the requirements only specific to refugees? What is the rationale behind these requirements?

Response: Generic language regarding what applicants should bring to interview is included on the receipt and/or appointment notices and also on the N-659 (Interview Document Check List) provided to all applicants. As NBC prepares N-400s for interview, a Complete File Review (CFR) is part of our standard process and is not specific only to refugees. It is important to remember that the CFR is not a process that slows down or stops the processing of any case while pending at the NBC. Rather, the CFR is conducted to provide the applicant with a complete list of items USCIS suggests be brought to the interview in order to help reduce delays in rendering decisions. We are looking at revising the entire CFR including the specific mention of birth certificates. This should alleviate most of the refugee concern.

You can find the document here (PDF).

N400 Chicago Timeline

Hi Everybody,

I just send my application yesterday but I will start my time line for everyone to see. I sent it to the Nebraska Service Center, but I am expecting it will be re-routed to the Lockbox facility in Phoenix, AZ as it has happened to a number of applicants already.

??/??/????: NOA Received
??/??/????: FP Letter Received
??/??/????: FP Appointment
??/??/????: FP Completed
??/??/????: Interview Letter
??/??/????: Interview Date.
??/??/????: Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

My timelines

CHICAGO - DO
PD: 11/06/2008
FP: 11/28/2008
IL: 01/02/2009
ID: 03/10/2009

They asked me to bring the following

1.Any evidence of selective service registration
2.Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection iwth any entries into the united states

I said 'NO' to selective service registration in my application. So, what do I do for this
Besides passport what else can I take, ( they mean my H1s I-94, or advance parols I had during my I-485).

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my IL today. I'm scheduled for an interview on February 26th, 2009 at the Congress Parkway in Chicago. The IL is asking me to bring my GC, any passports I have used, and evidence of Selective Service Registration.

I was beginning to get a bit nervous that others were getting theirs and I wasn't getting mine and I'm dang glad I did.

Mr. Vertigo,

Congracts.

Does your IL says anything like below (This is what I have in my IL).

2.Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection iwth any entries into the united states

Mr. Vertigo,

Congracts.

Does your IL says anything like below (This is what I have in my IL).

Yes, it has that exact language. They also asked me to bring my interview letter and my Green Card. I think it's normal procedure and nothing to be worried about.

Thank you! :)

For everyone that is about to send the N-400 application, be aware that most likely the application will be forwarded to the Lockbox facility in Phoenix, AZ. See my USPS tracking info:

Delivered PHOENIX AZ 85036 01/05/09 3:40pm
Processed LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:47am
Forwarded LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:35am
Forwarded LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:35am
Arrival at Unit LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:21am
Acceptance CHICAGO IL 60657 12/29/08 3:37pm

??/??/????: Check Cashed
??/??/????: NOA Received
??/??/????: FP Letter Received
??/??/????: FP Appointment
??/??/????: FP Completed
??/??/????: Interview Letter