Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

:) Thanks Bulls-Fan, you are the man with all the info.
if we receive the NOA for interview mid july, when in ur opinion will be the interview scheduled?
Because our plan was to move to texas 1st of week of sep, will we face problems in case we transfer our file from Nebraska to Mesquite Tx?.

Bulls-Fan said:
Here is a link showing future dates for Oath Ceremonies in Chicago at the Everett McKinley Dirsken Building:

http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm

You can also an example of a blank N-445 form below as an attachment.

No Interview letter yet

I did my FP on 5/18 but so far have not received the Interview letter.
does it takes that long. Its almost 6 weeks. Also my online status just says
We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Anyone get a letter recently.

thanks.

I had my finger print done on 5/19 and am still waiting for IL. I was told that should have received IL around 4 to 5 weeks. I called DO, was advised to set up infopass or wrote a letter to them. I decided to wait one more week, then will either write a letter or set up infopass. Hopefully not stuck with name check.

I have heard somewhere that because of the immigration legislation , more number of n400 applicats have applied, close to 15% more.

So there could be a problem getting interviews within 4 months, it could be delayed.

Application Sent 05/01/06
Received 05/03/06
FP Appointment 05/26/06
Interview Date - ?
Oath Date - ?

Still waiting on the interview letter.
I guess some CIS officers may be taken vacations because of the summer, could be another reason for the delay :)

errou: I think Infopass may not help you much. Officially Chicago office is still processing cases from January 15th.

Alex.

It looks like people from 5/18 have not received Interview letters.

Online system is useless, I tried typing some numbers related to mine most of them come up as case is pending?

Has anyone before 5/18 not receive letters.

I thought NSC schedules interviews but why is detroit people get interview letters within a month and chicago takes more tha that.

Received interview notice

Here is my timeline...

04/13/2006 - N400 Applied
06/24/2006 - 2nd Fingerprint
07/06/2006 - Received interview notice
08/14/2006 - Interview date

jcacmc said:
Here is my timeline...

04/13/2006 - N400 Applied
06/24/2006 - 2nd Fingerprint
07/06/2006 - Received interview notice
08/14/2006 - Interview date

Why 2nd fingerprint?

Chicago moves fast

4/18/06 - N400 mailed to Nebraska SC (USPS Express)
4/19/06 - NSC app received
4/26/06 - Check cashed
5/26/06 - Receipt and FP Appoint letter received
6/21/06 - FP Appointment
8/15/06 - Interview Date for Wife...my not yet
Connan

2nd Fingerprint because the first set of fingerprints were rejected. I was was surprised that I got an interview letter because I was informed by the ASC officer taking my fingerprints that the second set of fingerprints were also bad and there is no way they would be accepted. I guess getting an interview letter has nothing to do with fingerprint acceptance or rejection. I'm thinking of calling the FBI to find out whether my second set of fingerprints were accepted or not. Does anyone have the number for checking the status of fingerprints with the FBI ?

jcacmc said:
2nd Fingerprint because the first set of fingerprints were rejected. I was was surprised that I got an interview letter because I was informed by the ASC officer taking my fingerprints that the second set of fingerprints were also bad and there is no way they would be accepted. I guess getting an interview letter has nothing to do with fingerprint acceptance or rejection. I'm thinking of calling the FBI to find out whether my second set of fingerprints were accepted or not. Does anyone have the number for checking the status of fingerprints with the FBI ?

See page 3 of this thread for FBI phone number (member - Marconi 71)

connan said:
4/18/06 - N400 mailed to Nebraska SC (USPS Express)
4/19/06 - NSC app received
4/26/06 - Check cashed
5/26/06 - Receipt and FP Appoint letter received
6/21/06 - FP Appointment
8/15/06 - Interview Date for Wife...my not yet
Connan

Canon,

was woundering what does your case status show online after your received your interview date letter?? some were saying unavailable!!

thanks

marconi71

my timeline:
Application Sent - 5/19/2006
Received - 5/24/2006
Check Encashed - 5/30/2006.
Receipt date -6/05/2006
Fingerprint Notification -6/09/06
Finger Appointment - 06/17/06
Interview Date - ?
Oath Date - ??

Online system is a mess, there are some cases pending from last year which have not been transferred. I find that unbeleivable.

invest2bfree said:
Online system is a mess, there are some cases pending from last year which have not been transferred. I find that unbeleivable.

Wow, how about the applicants applying, are they still waiting for their files to be transferred??