Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

I got the answer

from an earlier thread posted by Icarus-

"T- on your case number meant that at the time of your inquiry, your case was in an incompleted data entry stage. Once data entry is completed, the T will become a D. (and the 45-day letter will be en route barring any BEC printer issues)"

puhrince said:
My case # is T-05004-09536
what does T mean?? Transferred and not yet in Dallas?

Puhrince,

Did you get the 45 day letter yet?
My case # is T-05010-133XX

Do you know how long it takes for a T to become a D?
Thanks.

puhrince said:
My case # is T-05004-09536
what does T mean?? Transferred and not yet in Dallas?

Interpretation of the Case Number

The first digit everyone has figured out - P for Philly, D for Dallas.

The first 5 numbers is the Julian date that your case was first entered into the PBLS data entry system (301st day of 2004 or sometime late October). The last 5 digits are assigned by the PBLS system to cases in the order they are entered system-wide. (Example:04301-00100 might be entered in Dallas and 04301-00101 might be entered in Philly).

Case Status

rp1975 said:
I got the new case number by sending an email to Dallas BEC at status@DAL.DFLC.US. Include employer name, last name & first name in the message body.

It is D-05006-11XXX.

I have not received the letter yet.

Good luck to all.

Do we need to mention anything in the e-mail body other than company name, F name, L Name? Could you please post the email subject and sample e-mail body to find the case # /status. What information do we get along with case #? PD, RD also?

Thanks

gcin05 - am not sure how long..but looking at both our cases and interpreting it, it seems like both our cases were transferred in 2005 (refer first two digits 05), then mine was entered on the 4th day of 2005 i.e. Jan 4 (refer next three digits) and yours on Jan 10
finally the last 5 digits are the system wide entry, since your case was entered after mine, your last 5 digits are 133xx while mine is 09xxx

what are ur case details? my PD is Jan 23,2003 in MI, May 28,2004 in Chicago

gcin05 said:
Puhrince,

Did you get the 45 day letter yet?
My case # is T-05010-133XX

Do you know how long it takes for a T to become a D?
Thanks.

Oh i forgot to add - the interpretation of the 301st day is based on the example below i.e. 04301-00100

puhrince said:
The first digit everyone has figured out - P for Philly, D for Dallas.

The first 5 numbers is the Julian date that your case was first entered into the PBLS data entry system (301st day of 2004 or sometime late October). The last 5 digits are assigned by the PBLS system to cases in the order they are entered system-wide. (Example:04301-00100 might be entered in Dallas and 04301-00101 might be entered in Philly).

case #

I got my case number from DLFC but not 45 day letter( Well atleast as far as I know... I might need to contact my attorney soon)

DLFC # D-05012-19XXX
PD : 12/2002
DOL: 02/11/2004
State: MI
Regional : Chicago

If that helps.... Also thanks to the person who posted this email address for enquring about the case number.

chicago-case, looks like all the cases entered are in a random order - your case was entered into the system on Jan 12th and you have received the D number..but not me even though my case was entered on Jan 4th..oh well i think we have to wait for the SFO cases to be processed first until we hear about any approvals for chicago

Case # received

I have got the case number by sending a mail to status@DAL.DFLC.US
T-05010-13xxx

State: IL

Still waiting for 45 day letter.

ravib,

following is the mail I sent. I didn't even mention the F/L names. I have got the reply at Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1.49 pm.

----- Original Message -----
To: status@DAL.DFLC.US
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:10 AM
Subject: Case details for xyz

Please send my case details which is transfered from Chicago DOL.

Employer Name: Mannar & RajMannar Inc
Phone: 111-222-3333
Name: ABC 123

Thanks.
xyz.

asnssf.

Last edited by a moderator:
wi_lca

Hi
I filed RIR application with chicago office where it was recd in july of 2004. I havent heard anything after that. I am not working with attorney. Will my letter from BEC come directly to employer and is there anyway to doublecheck that.. (like will they post an info on web enquiry or tell me the number etc). Are people receiving the letters already from similar timeperiods..?
Unsettled in WI

rp1975 said:
I got the new case number by sending an email to Dallas BEC at status@DAL.DFLC.US. Include employer name, last name & first name in the message body.

It is D-05006-11XXX.

I have not received the letter yet.

Good luck to all.

Let us know when you receive the Letter. If the theory everyone is assuming is right , you should get your letter soon as your case no begins with a D.

Mine starts with a T - if the theory is right then I guess I have a long wait for the 45 day BEC letter even thou my case has been in Chicago DOl from Jan 12 2004.

wi_lca said:
Hi
I filed RIR application with chicago office where it was recd in july of 2004. I havent heard anything after that. I am not working with attorney. Will my letter from BEC come directly to employer and is there anyway to doublecheck that.. (like will they post an info on web enquiry or tell me the number etc). Are people receiving the letters already from similar timeperiods..?
Unsettled in WI

Looks like it is lottery system in case for the letters being mailed, you have to be lucky to get the letter - it does not matter when you had applied.

I have no idea who will get the letter in your case, but I am assuming atleast your employeer should get the letter.

You should send a e-mail like most of us have done, that way you atleast have a case no.

puhrince:

Here are my case details:

My PD = 12/4/2002
DOL RD: 1/27/2004
regional: Chicago
45 day letter NOT received.

Thanks.

puhrince said:
gcin05 - am not sure how long..but looking at both our cases and interpreting it, it seems like both our cases were transferred in 2005 (refer first two digits 05), then mine was entered on the 4th day of 2005 i.e. Jan 4 (refer next three digits) and yours on Jan 10
finally the last 5 digits are the system wide entry, since your case was entered after mine, your last 5 digits are 133xx while mine is 09xxx

what are ur case details? my PD is Jan 23,2003 in MI, May 28,2004 in Chicago

bsnf,its not going to be a long wait - its more like which cases from the boxes were opened first were assigned T and later D..the T cases will be changed to D soon - its a matter of how many cases are ahead of us ..and yeah its more like a lottery - eventually cases will be approved based on PD

bsnf said:
Let us know when you receive the Letter. If the theory everyone is assuming is right , you should get your letter soon as your case no begins with a D.

Mine starts with a T - if the theory is right then I guess I have a long wait for the 45 day BEC letter even thou my case has been in Chicago DOl from Jan 12 2004.

gc, well at least our PD's are close to each other - we can keep track with each other and others with T numbers

gcin05 said:
puhrince:

Here are my case details:

My PD = 12/4/2002
DOL RD: 1/27/2004
regional: Chicago
45 day letter NOT received.

Thanks.

This is the message I got

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check the National Office website at

Moved from state to Chi DOL sometime in Feb'2004

Ilwaiting said:
This is the message I got

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check the National Office website at

received 45-day letter from dallas bec

I have received (I mean my attorney) 45-day (intent to continue) letter from Dallas BEC.

PD: 09/02/2003
DOL RD: 03/11/2004

Case Details - Thanks asnssf

I have received the case # (Did not get 45 day letter)

Case #: D-05010-148XX
PD : Don't know
State IL
Chicago DOL: Aug-2004

Thanks asnssf for helping me.