Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

Case # received

puhrince said:
gc, well at least our PD's are close to each other - we can keep track with each other and others with T numbers

Here is my case #T-05011-15XXX
PD :Sept 2003 IL
RD Chicago: April 2004
45 - day letter NOT RECD.

45 day letter

Don't track your case by 45-day letter. It can also happen like the files which are transferred to BEC, the last, might get 45 day letter early.... I have seen so many old cases on this board where they haven't recieved this 45-day letter but have recived case numbers. So ...it might take few more days.....

As far as I know, 45-day letter is only letting the BEC know that you want to continue your case. Please don't panic wait for your turn.

All cases should be processed based on the PD and this processing should start after the 45 day replies are recieved......

What do you say guys????

Case Number ???

Can someone post how actually the case numbers are generated and assigned.. I remember reading some kind of formula discussed earlier in the forum.

I completely agree - I don't know how long you guys have been on the forums here, but we got valuable info everyday from a guy called Icarus in the philly and dallas BEC -- looks like he has inside info on the BEC's (or probably works there himself, he never disclosed how he got the info), and according to him,this is exactly whats going to happen..after all the 45 day letters have been sent out,only then will processing start and it will be based on PD..

Chicago-case said:
Don't track your case by 45-day letter. It can also happen like the files which are transferred to BEC, the last, might get 45 day letter early.... I have seen so many old cases on this board where they haven't recieved this 45-day letter but have recived case numbers. So ...it might take few more days.....

As far as I know, 45-day letter is only letting the BEC know that you want to continue your case. Please don't panic wait for your turn.

All cases should be processed based on the PD and this processing should start after the 45 day replies are recieved......

What do you say guys????

45 Day Letter Received

:) Atlast got my 45 Day letter on Feb 14...

MN State PD - Nov 2003
MN State Approved - Mar 2004
Chicago Regional RD - Mar 2004
Transfered to Dallas BEC - ??
Received 45 Day letter - Feb 14th, 2005
Respose sent via Fax the same day.
Case Number - D-05005-1****

Got a questions, Would a FAX Response be sufficient or should be replied via mail.. My Legal Dept, says Fax would do.

Hi
I was wondering about the time Dallas BEC takes to respong about the case no. I wrote them about a week ago. Here are my details : MI RIR EB2 PD Dec 02, RD Jan 21, 04 - automated system ( but when my employer talked to the analyst, it changed to May 04 ???). What all details Dallas BEC require about the query for the case no. in case I missed something.

Andy

andyrs said:
Hi
I was wondering about the time Dallas BEC takes to respong about the case no. I wrote them about a week ago. Here are my details : MI RIR EB2 PD Dec 02, RD Jan 21, 04 - automated system ( but when my employer talked to the analyst, it changed to May 04 ???). What all details Dallas BEC require about the query for the case no. in case I missed something.

Andy

I got a response to my e-mail in 1 day. You need to send the e-mail with your Employeer name, Last Name and First Name.

45-Day letter not recieved yet....

Just talked to my lawyer and they didnot recieve any letter from BEC yet.
Did anyone with the same criteria(same PD, state etc ) recieved this letter from BEC?

RIR - EB2

Got Response in 4 Hrs - But

This is the actual extract of reply from status@DAL.DFLC.US

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: D-05012-20XXX

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed.
Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

Now does this mean (if needed) that not every one would get the 45 day letter ?

PD OCT 03
RD June 04
Chicago , IL

45 Day letter not recived

One of our friend got his LC approved very recently from Chicago DOL. His application was sent to Federal labor on Jan 2004. So there is some hope that if you havn't received the 45 day letter, your case might be approved. I think this info gives hope to people who have not received the 45 day letter and have filed with federal after nov 2003.

Case From Iowa

This is the letter that I got from the Dallas BEC

February 22, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------------------------

Darth_Vader
IA State PD - Dec 2003
IA State Approved - 12 Jan 2004
Chicago Regional RD - 27 Jan 2004

Transfered to Dallas BEC - ? ? ? ? ? ?
BEC Case Number - ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Fate is laughing at us

My PD 1/2003 Michigan RIR
RD 4/2004 Chicago regional
BEC Case # NOT YET ASSIGNED
45 days letter: How can we expect withought a case number assigned :confused:

My Colleague 's PD 11/2002 Michigan RIR
RD 1/2004 Chicago Regional
BEC Case # D-05004-09XXX
45 days letter: not yet received :eek:

I think non of the Michigan SWA people received a letter. Any comments on this is welcomed.

MI cases - Not getting 45-day letters

med2005 said:
My PD 1/2003 Michigan RIR
RD 4/2004 Chicago regional
BEC Case # NOT YET ASSIGNED
45 days letter: How can we expect withought a case number assigned :confused:

My Colleague 's PD 11/2002 Michigan RIR
RD 1/2004 Chicago Regional
BEC Case # D-05004-09XXX
45 days letter: not yet received :eek:

I think non of the Michigan SWA people received a letter. Any comments on this is welcomed.

Seems like MI cases are not getting 45-day letters. What does that mean?
Are we unlucky or lucky enough to get approvals directly.......

Thats incorrect

Michigan's are also getting letters ....Its incorrect to say that. Lots of them whose file was transfered to Chicago regional DOL between May 2004 - Nov 2004 have already received it.

Just that others are struggling. My employers have got letters between those period, my case is Feb case and few Dec,2003 cases he has yet to receive.

Chicago-case said:
Seems like MI cases are not getting 45-day letters. What does that mean?
Are we unlucky or lucky enough to get approvals directly.......

i don't think who got first or last is a reason of worry..most likely the boxes received last were shipped out first..and anyways,how does it matter who got the letter first?? the cases will be processed based on the PD anyway, and they are not going to start working on them until the letters have been sent out to all the Chicago cases..so people getting these letters first will have to wait longer to hear more news regarding it

Case from MI

Filed from MI
PD: 4/2003
RD: 8/2004
Case # at BEC received.
T-05010-13xxx
45 day letter not rec'd yet.

Anybody from MI with RD around 8/2004 received 45 day letter?
Appreciate the response if anybody has.

Thanks
Leogsb

I am not sure if its true

Puhrince,

I am not sure what you said "they are not going to start working on them until the letters have been sent out to all the Chicago cases" is true.

As per my understanding from ICARUS postings, DBEC will start processing the applications on cases for which it received the 45 days responses at some point. Priorities are set only on the applications for which the responses have been recieved. I highly doubht if they wait until all 45 days letters are sent and responses receieved.

Said that I am hoping all of us will receive the 45 days letter very soon( in a month or two) and once we send the response we should fall ahead in the line if our PD is much earlier. Its not really FIFO, but seeing how things are working, we can't expect anything better from them.

Good luck to all.

puhrince said:
i don't think who got first or last is a reason of worry..most likely the boxes received last were shipped out first..and anyways,how does it matter who got the letter first?? the cases will be processed based on the PD anyway, and they are not going to start working on them until the letters have been sent out to all the Chicago cases..so people getting these letters first will have to wait longer to hear more news regarding it