Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

Anyone else receving an interview letter that applied this year?

San73, yours is coming up really soon. Please share your experience if at all possible. Thanks.

I've seen in other DOs that their IL comes within 3 mos of filing and the whole thing completed within 6 mos. Can we expect the same timeframe in CH? From what I can see, the processing time in CH has been shortened a bit but it isnt still as fast as Newark or CA DOs or even the MidWest. I guess we just all need to be patient...

Interview and oath together in Cherry Hill

Hi all,

I went for FP in Philly on 7/18 and now am waiting on Interview letter.

I had my hopes up to get this done in a couple more months but after looking on this site for Cherry Hill, not sure if that can happen now. Is Philly DO moving faster?

Can interview and oath be done the same day in Cherry Hill?

Thanks

The one last ordeal!

madhuri_dhar said:
From what I know, interview and oath are done the same day in CH.

From the time one decides to get into the U.S. .... the Visa .... the Labor certification .... the employer dictats .... getting the Green Card ..... et al .... is by itself a big nightmare. Leave alone the one last ordeal - Naturalization!

And after reading all the write-ups in this site, I got to grips with the Naturalization community's experiences! Utter confusion and myriads of questions seems to prevail while filling the N-400 form - do I have to list this, do I have to tick this, do I have to change my name, would this cause me problems, where can I get this, how can I do this, whom should I talk to, when do you think I will get my Citizenship? To the truth, I experienced the same! Despite all these, people are eager and willing to cross one bridge after the other to pay the price for freedom and a better living by eschewing pain and testing their patience.

But at the end of the day when the certificate is bestowed, it brings another day filled with hopes and dreams. I cast myself into this on 8/5/2006 when I mailed my N-400 papers to VSC. It beats me as to why I didn't get this rolling when I became eligible 2 1/2 years back in GA, but looks like I am destined to experience the CH processing afterall!

It's experiences of folks ahead of us, that can mitigate our experiences on this one last ordeal. So, I will peruse this site quite often and say thank you to you folks.

sohaha...
welcome to the group.

I have no update from my side.. still waiting for the IL.. I see in other threads, ppl with the same PD as mine have already received their IL..

I wonder why is CH so slow.. :(

any news on CH processing times? I wonder why it takes so long there..
One of my colleague at work applied at Newark DO a month after me and already got his interview done yesterday!!!

Oath and Interview

The good thing about CH DO is that at least the Interview and Oath are done on the same day.

App 6/29/06
RD 7/6/06
FP 7/18/06
IL ???

N400 cherri hill process

Friends need your advice. I wating for the response for my N400.My finger printing was done on 29 JUN3 2006. please advice whne i will get my interview letter.( when sohuld i expect the call from USICS chery hill ) office.

how can I track my case stauts.
your guidence will help me a lot.

following are my dates.

filed:June 5th
PD June19
Finger priting 29 June.

san73 said:
Mailed 03/03/2006
Interview 08/28/2006
Any recent Interview exp at Cherry Hill?
Done today.Timing was 1:00 PM but they were running late. Interview started at 1:45.
Interview was breeze. Officer was courteous. Asked for my birth and marriage certificate.
Asked about my traffic tickets. Gave him my NJ DMV history.
Then asked to write a sentence in english. Asked 10 questions from the list of 96 questions.
Finally approved asked to come back at 3:15 for oath. And asked not to get a traffic ticket before I come back for Interview.Everything was done by 4:00.
Applied for passport at county office at 5:00PM.

Best of Luck to all of you .

nedd adv

great news so it took 7months WOW!!( cherry hill)

how early you got the internview appointment letter from interview date.
if i dont have bieth certificate.affidivate of birth should be ok ?

i am really happy for you. whre did u apply for passport /how much time it take for passport.

congrat again!!

I applied for passport at Echelon mall County office . It is open late so you do not have to wait till next day.
Affidavit should be ok for birth cert.
Best of luck to you

san73
thank you for posting your experience. And congratulations on completing this journey

My PD is April 25th, no news of interview letter yet. :(

Was CH office quite crowded? Wonder why it takes so long at CH compared to Newark. A colleague of mine filed under Newark 2 months after me and is already a citizen by now.

Also, could you please let us know how did you get your DMV record ? Did you go to the DMV office?

thanks

yes office was crowded only 20-25 people can seat in the office. You can get the DMV record online. I have ordered it on DMV's website.

Congrats to you San73! You give us all some hope!

Can you put your time line in and include your FP date and interview letter received date?

Also, If I have a foreign passport, would they still ask me for my birth Certificate? Anybody know this one?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
fcopp100 said:
Congrats to you San73! You give us all some hope!

Can you put your time line in and include your FP date and interview letter received date?

Also, If I have a foreign passport, would they still ask me for my birth Certificate? Anybody know this one?

Thanks

maduhari, what is your FP date ?