Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

Infopass appt.

For those in the Cherry Hill DO.

The details of the case are in previous postings in this thread.

I went in for an infopass with my wife. The officer did check and confirm that they have found my wife's second A-file and the adjudicating officer just needs to take a decision.

My wife was given a number to call the officer who had done the original interview.

Since then we have approached our Congressman, and his office has been extremely helpful in sending inquiries, and we hope to receive a response soon.

I would really recommend people to go through their Congressman/Senator. Each Congressman can send a certain number of inquiries to the DO and the DO has to reply in a 2 month time period according to the information I have.

sraj

Fingerprint

As I understand, Cherry Hill office does NOT provide fingerprint service. You shall go to Philadelphia or Newark to do the FP depend on where you live. I believe I will go to Philly for the FP since I live in South Jersey.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get the finerprint after the PD? I am currently working overseas and shall be able to file N-400 early September. I shall return to US no later than Mid October to fulfill the six month requirement. Is it possible to get the FP done before end of October so I don't have to make two seperate trips. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any response.

hhyy said:
As I understand, Cherry Hill office does NOT provide fingerprint service. You shall go to Philadelphia or Newark to do the FP depend on where you live. I believe I will go to Philly for the FP since I live in South Jersey.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get the finerprint after the PD? I am currently working overseas and shall be able to file N-400 early September. I shall return to US no later than Mid October to fulfill the six month requirement. Is it possible to get the FP done before end of October so I don't have to make two seperate trips. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any response.

You are likely to get your FP appointment about 4-5 weeks from your priority date.
I suppose you are aware that you need to reside in the district from where you apply for naturalization for at least 3 months?

Sam

Hi sraj

Did you go for infopass appt. at Cherry Hill office? I heard CH doesn't entertain infopass appt.

unixtmusa,

Is your Do cherry hill too?

Hello Madhuri. I live in Cherry Hill so I suppose my DO will be CH office as well. Below is my timeline.

Does anyone know if CH is moving much faster these days?

Sent - 06/13/06
PD - 6/14/06
Cheques Cashed - 06/21/06
NOA - 06/26/06
FP - 07/05/06

Fingerprint notice

Mtixnu:

Did you do the fingerprint today in Philly? When did they send you the FP notice?

I currently live oversea and plan to file it early September and come back for FP. Hopefully there will be enough time for me to prepare the trip.

mtxinu said:
Hello Madhuri. I live in Cherry Hill so I suppose my DO will be CH office as well. Below is my timeline.

Does anyone know if CH is moving much faster these days?

Sent - 06/13/06
PD - 6/14/06
NOA - 06/26/06
FP - 07/05/06

hhyy

you shoul expect to receive fingerprinting within a month of filing.. so plan accordingly.

mtxinu
Glad to hear from someone from CH. Please keep me posted on any updates and so will I. I know Newark is very fast but not sure about CH. I hope CH moves fast too...

hhyy, i got my notice from the mail june 30th and the NOA june 28th. Below is my timeline. it took about 2 weeks for me to get my FP notice from the time i mailed my n400 app.

madhrui, what's your timeline?

Sent - 06/13/06
PD - 6/14/06
NOA - 06/23/06
FP - 07/05/06

hhyy, you know there is a requirement that you have lived in your current DO for 90 days to be eligible to apply for N400 right? How are you going to do that?

Sent - 06/13/06
PD - 6/14/06
NOA - 06/23/06
FP - 07/05/06

Mtxinu, thank you for your repsonse. Actually I consult this with an attorney, he said as long as I maintain the address and have the proof of residence like utility bill. It shall be OK. My wife is still in US, so she will take care of all mail.

mtxinu said:
hhyy, you know there is a requirement that you have lived in your current DO for 90 days to be eligible to apply for N400 right? How are you going to do that?

Sent - 06/13/06
PD - 6/14/06
NOA - 06/23/06
FP - 07/05/06

cherry hill time line

Mailed 03/03/2006
Interview 08/28/2006
Any recent Interview exp at Cherry Hill?

san73

thanks for posting your timeline. If you look in the same thread, some ppl (wendy eg have posted their interview experience at CH office)

My DO is CH as well. Here's my timeline

Priority date: April 17 2006
Notice date: May 1 2006
FP: May 13, 2006
Interview: ???

From your timeline, i guess my interview letter shouldn't be too far either. Could you please let me know when did you receive your interview letter? Usually they give about 2months time between your interview letter and the actual interview date.

Wish you all the best for your interview.

SAN73, wow looks like things are moving fast in CH. You sent in 3/06 and got ur notice in 6/06 that's just a little over 3 mos. This is good...

hhyy said:
Mtxinu, thank you for your repsonse. Actually I consult this with an attorney, he said as long as I maintain the address and have the proof of residence like utility bill. It shall be OK. My wife is still in US, so she will take care of all mail.

Ok. That's good. What about your IRS tax records though? Will that show income in the US?

I am actually employed by a US company with assignement overseas. I still pay US tax.

I am also glad to see Cherry Hill finally pick up the speed although it still seems to be slower than other district office.

mtxinu said:
Ok. That's good. What about your IRS tax records though? Will that show income in the US?

Oath completed

Timeline for me an my wife

my case
PD: Jan 11 2005
FP: Feb 2005
Interview letter: Nov 2005
ID: Jan 19 2006 - Case placed on pending due to multiple A files
Oath ceremony letter: April 18 2006
Oath: April 27 2006

My Wife's case
PD: Jan 17 2005
FP: Feb 2005
Interview letter: Nov 2005
ID: Jan 25 2006 - Case placed on pending due to multiple A files
Oath ceremony letter: June 26 2006
Oath: July 14 2006

All,
I encourage you to go through your Congressman if you think your case is getting delayed beyond the normal processing time that Cherry Hill states.

Good Luck
Raj.

sraj55

Thank you very much for posting your timeline and congrats on your citizenship..

Did you not take the oath the same day as your interview?? Isn't it the same day at Cherry Hill and Newark DOs.

thanks.