Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

P400A and madhuri_dhar,

The adjudicating officers do go through a periodic check up of all cases pending namecheck. Some times, it doesn't happen automatically. My pending namecheck was completed 2 weeks after my interview but it took 6 months for me to get my Oath notification because the officer who interviewed me took retirement and forgot to notify the officer who took over his cases. I sent in a 'Intent to Sue' letter to the Washington DC district director and in a few hours my oath notification was faxed to me.

Do you have the contact information for the Officer who interviewed you? You could send him/her a letter asking for an update on your case status.
An Infopass appointment is a good idea too. I understand your frustration. I know you guys are almost there, just keep trying.

Good Luck.

Letter to interviewing officer

Happycitizen,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my earlier post and respond with
an encouraging and positive note.

As a matter of fact, I have just written a note to the officer who had interviewed
me, explaining the facts obtained from INFOPASS (that nothing is pending in my case) and that
I would like to know what the current status of my case is.

I am hoping for the officer to respond to my request.

I also have an INFOPASS appt scheduled for next week.

Could you please share the details of your 'Intent to sue' letter.

I had initially planned on writing to the DISTRICT DIRECTOR at Newark, but then I decided
to contact my interviewing Officer in Mt.Laurel first and then follow-up with the District
Director.

My patience is really running thin, especially after knowing the fact that my background/security
check is no longer pending!!! :mad:

P400A,

This was the format for my letter and please modify it as you like.
In my case, namecheck was completed but no one notified me/sent me the oath notification until I faxed in my letter.

Name
Address
A# and case number

To,
District director
Address

Dear [put the name here]

I attended my Naturalization interview on [interview date goes here]. At the end of the interview, I was advised that a decision cannot yet be made due to the ‘name check’ process. I was also told that an Oath Ceremony notice will automatically be mailed to my address as soon as the namecheck process is completed. I have waited for about 6 months and I have still not received the letter for my Oath Ceremony.

Due to this delay, I am undergoing a lot of emotional distress.
[please write about your personal situation here]

Since 120 days have passed from the date of my examination, I am also interested in approaching the U.S. district court for a much quicker decision based on INA Section 336(b), 8 U.S.C. § 1447(b). Hence I kindly request you to conduct my Oath Ceremony to complete the naturalization process.

Thank You,

Yours truly,

Thanks!

Happycitizen,

Thanks for providing this info.

Looks like you waited past 120 days to send your letter in. I have not
crossed that time yet, it has been 43 days (though very painful :( )
so far.

I will wait for the interviewing officer to respond to my most recent
query and then follow-up with another letter to the District Director
in Newark. (Not sure if Mt.Laurel has a director?)

I was thinking about writing to a higher-up in Washington DC, where
would I find the address for the higher-ups in DC? Could not locate
this info on the USCIS website.

Hi guys,

There has been some change in the format of my online case status.Has any one else experienced the same change.

Waiting!

Madhuri,

I'm still waiting for my oath letter. No response from the interviewing
officer either (for the query that I mailed out earlier). I have
also contacted my congressman and senators to get them involved
in my case. I dont understand the delay as there is nothing
pending in my case as per USCIS. :mad:

Have you tried contacting USCIS or the elected representatives?

I have an INFOPASS appt on 8Feb.

kab901 said:
Hi guys,

There has been some change in the format of my online case status.Has any one else experienced the same change.

Yes, I can also see the change in my message. Verbage is different but message is same.

Hi guys,

Great News! I got my IL today. Here's my timeline:

PD:06/22/2006
IL: 02/08/2007
ID: 03/28/2007.

unix,nrao,usa5000, kab901 - any update from you guys? Good Luck!

Browny, thats Fantastic!!
Congrats to you!

Did you get an email from the system as well or did it disapear from site? or both?

Thanks for posting, gives up hope that it may be soon.

Thank you, Neither. I didnot get an email or case didnot disappear from the site. But message changed for me(pretty much samething, case is at vermont, we'll contact you by mail.....).

finally I got my IL too.

broney is there any way to check back ground check is complete ot not ?

IL=2/2/07
interview=3/20/07

thanks/kab

Kab, congrats to you!

Looks like you got your IL 6 days before browny. Your PD is a few days before his so it looks like that is uniform there.

Hey, we can soon all celebrate being citizens of the greatest country!

Unix, nrao, anyone else after 6/1 PD get IL yet?

congratulations to all who got thier Interview letters and wish you all the best!!

P400A

How did your infopass appt go? Any useful information?
U havent' done any follow up on my case yet. As I mentioned earlier, I had to submit additional documents which i did within 2 weeks of my interview and i wanted to wait atleast 30 days before setting up an infopass. 30 days is over now and i am going to setup an infopass for next week. I will update you if anything changes on my side...

maduhari
if ok could you please advice which additional document they requestedd???
form you.

Kab901

sorry, i meant to say that i had not submitted my marriage certificate along with my application and at the time of my interview, i was asked for it.

got my il letter yesterday. see my timline below. my online status was still on. good luck to all of us and i'll post my interview results. this great!

My Situation

I applied in June 2006, and recieved the interview letter recently. I know some people might be on the same boat, so just want to let you know.

Here is my timeline for N400

PD: 6/15/2006
FP: 7/7/2006
IL Recieved on: 2/10/2007
ID: 3/26/2007

Interview is in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cherry Hill).

Does oath and interview at Mount Laurel take place on the same day? If not, after how many days oath takes place and where?

It would be great if someone can post their interview and oath experience at Mount Laurel, NJ.

Last edited by a moderator: