Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

replies to KB901's question

Yes my sister did answer the question.
You have to answer 6 or 7 ( dont remember) correct questions out of 10.
I did submit my original naturalization certificate with Passport application.
I did take 2 Passport size pictures with me. Its better to carry them in case they do not find the ones you sent earlier.

Thanks swan i really appreciate ,you taking out time and clearifying my queries.

Thanka again
kab.

Cherry hill Do updated the site and for N400 processing date was May 13 2006. So all who applied in June/July might get IL soon.

Also here I'm posting my friends experience at cherry hill. He said he went there yesterday, so many people were waiting because their interview was scheduled, but no background check was done. The officer said he's lucky because all clear for him, so he took Oath. The officer admitted the office was new and kind of slow. He also asked one question out the list - who's the 38th president? He told he didn't have to answer but just checking. My friend answered correct - Ford.

Thanks browny for giving the update of whats happening in cherry hill.thou its not so encouraging that they are scheduling interviews with out clearing the background check.lets hope for the best.

hpg, are you around your interview is scheduled for 24th jan .plz do give the details when you are done .

thanks .

browny, can you plz post your friend's time line.what was his PD and when did he get his IL .

THANKS
KAB

I had my interview at Cherry Hill office in Dec'06 (my PD is April'06). I didn't get approved that day. The officer asked me for additional documents (I was given an N-14) and also said at the end of the interview that my background check is pending.. Isn't it strange.. because when i went for an infopass appt (way back even before my interview was scheduled), the lady at the infopass window told me that my background check was complete.

:(

madhuri, sorry to hear that .i have come to know that name check is a part of background check which is done by 8 agencies.and name checkk usually clears in 4 to 5 days .its the back ground check which takes months .so did you ask the infopass officer about your name check or background check ?

socondly what other doccuments you were asked for ?

and what is this N 14 form about?

thanks for reply.
kab

Hi Folks,

Does case status get updated after you go for FP?
I went to Philadelphia for fingerprinting on Oct 20. However, the case status for my wife and myself keeps showing that my "Application was received on Sep 28". Is this normal?

Thanks!

kab901 said:
browny, can you plz post your friend's time line.what was his PD and when did he get his IL .

THANKS
KAB

Here's his timeline:

PD: 05/05/06
FP: 05/19/06
IL: 11/17/06
ID & Oath: 01/18/07

Hi guys ,any up dates .

I was going thru the processing dates of of different DO'S except for cherry hill which is showing dates of may 13 ,rest of the others are showing june 1st or june 15th dates.but in this forum i hv come across so many posts on cases filed in oct , nov 06 ,that the are receiving IL . This made me realize that the processing dates are not accurate at all .

any suggestions?

I don't think you can compare CH with other DO's. I think that their location move put them a little further back. Do you know anyone from CH that has a June/July that has gotten the IL yet?
Thats what I am thinking. I think within the next 30 days we should each get our IL (hoping anyway).

What do you guys/gals think?

01/23 - Online status is still there!

I think I will wait it out a few more weeks before I become anxious. If CH DO saying it is processing May/06 application then we aren't too far along. Personally, I will just be a little bit more patient about it. Can't lose sleep on something that isnt that bad yet and dont have control over... For now...

My priority date was May 30,2006 and I received my interview letter on 12/20/06. My interview date is scheduled on 2/28/07 at the Cherry Hill office. Question, do I have the opetion of not having the oath taken at the same day? I will be traveling to abroad in early April and I am afraid that I won't be able to get my US Passport and travel visa on time if I take the oath at the same day.

Thanks for posting shape12. Gives me an idea that mine will be there in a few weeks. From what I read so far in this thread, CH DO schedules the oath same day of the interview which means you will get your NATZ paper that day too. You should be able to get your passport on time for your april trip. Also for an additional fee, you can have an expedited passport done within a couple of days.

Name check cleared - still waiting!!!

DO: Mt.Laurel, NJ

PD: 04/06/06
FP: 05/06/06
ID: 12/18/06

At the end of the interview I was told that my background check is still pending :confused:.

I have made two infopass appointments since then. The first infopass appointment (22-Dec-2006)
confirmed that my NAME CHECK is still pending. There was better news the second
INFOPASS appointment (17-Jan-2007), the officer at the counter did tell me that my
name check is cleared (she actually printed out a report that contained my details and
the report also had the words "FBI BACKGROUND: NO RECORD", she would not give me a copy
of it though saying that it was "internal records"). I repeated my question to her as to "Is there anything pending in my case?" and she again confirmed that NC was pending at one point in time, but not anymore. :)

The officer would not tell me when the NAME CHECK got cleared, however she
did tell me that she
would handover the printed report to the adjudicating officer handling my file and
that I should receive something in the mail shortly. It has been a week since
my INFOPASS appointment and I have not received anything yet, very frustrating !!! :(

Not sure what else to do, I guess
I will wait some more and then go for another INFOPASS appointment. :mad:

Madhuri, did you go for an INFOPASS appointment to check your status?

How long does it take to get anything from Cherry Hill/Mt.Laurel after NC is cleared. How would the adjudicating officer know that my NC is no longer
pending, do they have a process to look back at pending files periodically???

P400A

I am in the exact same situation as yours. My interview was on 12/21 at Mount Laurel office. I am thinking of waiting for another 2 weeks before I schedule an infopass. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, i was also told at the end of my interview that my name check is pending.

It is indeed very frustrating

Is it possible to speak to you on the phone ? If so, can you please email me at madhuri_dhar@yahoo.com

Became Citizen

Hi Guys,
My interview was on 24th. I was called after abt hour wait time. My interview was smooth. everything was clear. officer didnt ask for anything as i had submitted everything in my application. he checked on everything and everything was OK. Officer was funny guy and was very helpful. Asked 10 questions from that 98 questions list, asked a simple sentence to read and write. everything was ok and was called at 3.15 pm for oath. it took about hour in oath and became US citizen. Everything was smooth.

Glad that there were no problems.

congrats hpg,

Did your case status disappeared before the IL arrive?
DiD you find out about your back ground check before the interview?

It must be a really good feeling to be over with the entire process.congrats again.

MONDAY , JAN 29TH 07 my on line statues still excists.

kab