Chennai Jan interviews

Chennai numbers - I gathered so far

Superman,

Here are the numbers I have gathered so far from previous postings.
Chennai Tel 91-44-8112020/8112032
Chennai FAX 91-44-8112060

No Title

I tried calling between 10.30 AM to 11.30 AM(IST) yesterday night.
And also dont call the main number, i wasted a lot of time
getting thru. Call the Consular section @ 8112060.

HYD Cp\'ers

If we go to Hyderabad directly, a week in advance , and come back for interview, we can book our tickets now, but it will disturb all our vacation plan, I\'m planning to go to HYD first and then go to HYD, can we get air ticket on same day, if not air ticket can we get a train ticket for same day in a First class AC.

OF-169 PCC box- leave blank or check it ??

Guys,
I know that you don\'t need PCC is you have stayed in India and US only which is my case. However what did you guys similar to mine did on OF-169 form, did you guys checked the box or left it blank.

My attorney did asked to check it and does that mean I should get PCC ?

Looked at the archives..

I looked in the archives, many suggested to leave it blank. My stupid attorney checked it for me. Looks like I have to get it now.Any suggestions ??

Dandelion, I did not check it. I just put N/A besides it.

You need not check it and get PCC. Your attorney is wrong. My attorney did the same thing. After I proved that I don\'t need it, he changed to N/A.
I still don\'t think you need to get PCC. Since you already sent it, talk to the consulate. If they need it they will normally send a letter. You should have received it by now. acehart got a letter couple wks. back asking for PCC to India address.

No Title

I sent out a mail inquiring possible interview date I get a reply that it could be in FEB!!. My Pkt 3 reached on Oct 20th and on Oct 31st consulate confirmed that it recd PKT3.
Has anyone else had the same experience?

Counting on Jan \'02 interview - Air Ticket Purchased

Tanani\'s message scares me a little bit. Although his P3 was entered into Chennai system on Oct 31st, they still sent him a message that he can expect a Feb \'02 interview.

If that\'s the case, I\'m screwed. I was expecting Jan \'02 interview and I went ahead and purchased tickets. It\'ll be a $150.00 per person penalty to make travel date changes. My P3 was entered into Chennai Consulate computer system around 15th Nov.

Well looking at cptracker.com

I find from the cptracker.com website that people who had their Chennai P3s entered around the 19th of each month consistently got their interviews 1 month later. Check the entries for
soap, sg18, drk, tochennai, murali12.. et al

Well the consulate NEVER replied to my email asking for an expected interview date. So considering all that its not the best strategy to guess anything. My only guess is the P3 entered date cut off is around the 19th to 20th of each month unlike the 16th that everyone is so convinced about.

Well throw in any comments

Superman, I have not sent my PKT 3 yet. Perhaps I can persuade my attorney.

I just looked at a new discussion suggesting that PCC is manadatory from Jan 2002. We all should look out for it.

PCC from India.

Hi Guys,
There is another chain in this forum about PCC required from India from Jan 2002. Anyone verify this claim? This could be real serious because getting PCC from Consulate in US takes for ever. How can we get PCC from India? Any forms etc?
Thanks.

I don\'t think it is needed

10 days back, I got a letter (like acehart) from Chennai consulate to my local address saying that I need to get PCC from S\'pore as info on my DS-230 form says that I stayed in S\'pore for more than six months. They didn\'t mention anything about PCC from India. I don\'t think we need to get paranoid about this.
Superman - When you make your call today, can you ask them about this pcc deal?

tanani, Feb. does not make sense. Consulate entered by Oct.20th for Jan.

I have seen some mis-leading messages (chennai replies) before. It depends on who @ Chennai answered you. If you do not get Jan., almost nobody get Jan. on this site. Most of the cases were entered after Oct.31 but before Nov.20th.
Don\'t worry Meech. You will get Jan. Interview.