Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

dinz10 said:
One last question to Experienced CP'ers though - Does it really take 3-4 months coz it was Chicago or is it a generic timeframe. The Timelines posted in CP tracker are much shorter than 3-4 months.
DinZ10. :)

Congratulations.

I hope you continue to come back here and help/advise other people.

They might have just mentioned 3-4 months to be on the safe side.If they tell 15 days and people dont receive it within this 15 day period, then they will start bugging the USCIS.

You might receive it earlier than 3-4 months.

What the heck anyway, you are on Green Card now. You will receive the card in due course.

Congrats again.

Hello,
I'm filing follow to join for my wife (I-824). Can you tell how efficient Chennai consulate is?? Say if I apply I-824 now, how long does it take for her to get an interview, provided Chennai consulate is allowing attorney certied I-140's??

Thanks

P4 not received yet...

I have been scheduled for Feb.23, 05 interview @ Chennai. Would appreciate your inputs on how long it takes to receive the P4 documents after the interview has been scheduled. Chennai consulate confirmed through email that P4 been sent to US address on Jan.14 but I have not received it so far.

kumarj234 said:
I have been scheduled for Feb.23, 05 interview @ Chennai. Would appreciate your inputs on how long it takes to receive the P4 documents after the interview has been scheduled. Chennai consulate confirmed through email that P4 been sent to US address on Jan.14 but I have not received it so far.

Neither have I and my appt is on Feb 18. My company lawyers are already preparing the paper work required and I am hoping it shows up before I leave in the next 10 days.

skater said:
Neither have I and my appt is on Feb 18. My company lawyers are already preparing the paper work required and I am hoping it shows up before I leave in the next 10 days.

What happens , if we dont receive before we leave , as even i did not get it so far and i have booked my tickects on 10th Feb as i have my interview on 23rd , can we ask consulate to give it our relatives in Chennai , so that they can pick up a copy of it , has anybody ever done that ?

Thanks
Paddy

pad80 said:
What happens , if we dont receive before we leave , as even i did not get it so far and i have booked my tickects on 10th Feb as i have my interview on 23rd , can we ask consulate to give it our relatives in Chennai , so that they can pick up a copy of it , has anybody ever done that ?

Thanks
Paddy

Paddy, I had them resend it to my uncle's place in Chennai. It reached within a day or two. Usually they are pretty prompt-keep following up on email.

naveenav said:
Could some let me know , is chennaiIV@state.gov correct email address to shoot an email to chennai consulate if we have any questions about Immigrant Visa ?

Thanks
Naveen
Yes - ChennaiIV@state.gov is the ID for Immigrant Visa Cases.
Extra Info - they usually advise you to include NVC Case #s while corresponding. If your attorney is enquring, tell them to put "ATTORNEY INQUIRY:" as the first two words in the subject line

Birth Certificate for Spouse/Child Question:

CP Gurus,

--------------
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF E1/E2/E3/SD/SR VISAS:
Proof of Relationship with the Principal Applicant: Marriage Certificate, Spouse & Children’s birth certificate issued within one year of the birth, old baptismal certificates and School records.
---------------

This states that the Spouse and Children's BC issued within one year of the birth, but my Spouse's BC was issued only in 2001 and my child's was issued 3 years after birth. Will this be a problem? I would appreciate your inputs.. I am getting ready to go for the interview in feb.

Please advice..

Hi Kovai GC,

I checked at chennai consulate web site and this is what it says , btw where did u pick the previous statement from

"Birth certificates: One certified copy of the birth certificate of each person named in the application is required. Birth records must be presented for all unmarried children under age 21 even if they do not wish to immigrate at this time. (If children are deceased, so state, giving year of death.). The certificate must state the date and place of birth and the names of both parents. The certificate must indicate that it is an extract from official records. If any children were adopted, you must submit a certified copy of the final adoption decree. Photostatic copies are acceptable provided the original is available for inspection by the consular officer. "

To All CP Gurus,

I know this question has been answered many number of times in this group and also the answers are in chenai consulate website , but i just wanted to make sure i have all the documents , please bear this , just want to confirm with CP guru's

List of documents before interview to be taken are

1) Form DS-230 Part-1 Part-2
2) DO we need to carry Labour and I-140 documents ?
3) Police Clearance Certificate form Local Indian Embassy
4) Marriage Certificate , Birth Certificate's
5) Affidavict of support Form I-864
6) Pay stub's Last 6 Months
7) Letter From Employer ( notarised)
8) Medical Report
9) Visa Photographs
10) Draft or Rs 300 for Courier

Please Let me know if we missed anything else , thanks once again for everybody

Hi Paddy,

Couple of months back somebody who went for CP interview in Chennai posted this. I thought it was the samething in the website.

I guess we will know it correctly when we receive p4 I guess. Thanks for the info though.

pad80 said:
Hi Kovai GC,

I checked at chennai consulate web site and this is what it says , btw where did u pick the previous statement from

"Birth certificates: One certified copy of the birth certificate of each person named in the application is required. Birth records must be presented for all unmarried children under age 21 even if they do not wish to immigrate at this time. (If children are deceased, so state, giving year of death.). The certificate must state the date and place of birth and the names of both parents. The certificate must indicate that it is an extract from official records. If any children were adopted, you must submit a certified copy of the final adoption decree. Photostatic copies are acceptable provided the original is available for inspection by the consular officer. "

Paddy,

Is affidavit of support I-864 or I-134?

Addl Docs:
- Bank statements for past 3 months
- W2 & Tax Returns for past 3 years / Tax Transcripts

I would suggest to have the labour and I140 approvals handy just in case..

pad80 said:
To All CP Gurus,

I know this question has been answered many number of times in this group and also the answers are in chenai consulate website , but i just wanted to make sure i have all the documents , please bear this , just want to confirm with CP guru's

List of documents before interview to be taken are

1) Form DS-230 Part-1 Part-2
2) DO we need to carry Labour and I-140 documents ?
3) Police Clearance Certificate form Local Indian Embassy
4) Marriage Certificate , Birth Certificate's
5) Affidavict of support Form I-864
6) Pay stub's Last 6 Months
7) Letter From Employer ( notarised)
8) Medical Report
9) Visa Photographs
10) Draft or Rs 300 for Courier

Please Let me know if we missed anything else , thanks once again for everybody

kovaiGC said:
Paddy,
Is affidavit of support I-864 or I-134?
Addl Docs:
- Bank statements for past 3 months
- W2 & Tax Returns for past 3 years / Tax Transcripts
I would suggest to have the labour and I140 approvals handy just in case..
Kovai, for employment based GC, you need to file a I-134 form (notarized)
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm
I gave it for my wife with a second notarized original of my employment letter. They returned the statements from the banks at the consulate but take those anyway.

kovaiGC said:
Thanks for the clarification Intezar. How much is the DD fee for Courier? Rs.300. Pls advice.
I think it is Rs. 350 for the first passport and Rs 50 each for additional passports. This is posted on the chennai consulate website and is also included in your letter.

Thanks Intezar. You're right find below the details from Chennai Consulate website..

<B>Courier Delivery Fees Please bring a demand draft for Rs. 350 plus Rs. 50 for each additional passport, payable to "Blue Dart Express Limited." for the courier delivery fees. We cannot accept cash for this service. </B>

Do we need to take seperate DD for dependets such as Rs 350 and Rs50? or will they accept a single DD for all the dependents?.Please help....