Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

question on location of interview

I just noticed that the address on the office to appear for interview in Charlotte is different than the one given for finger printing.

IL says "Tyvola Center Dr" and FP was at "Chastain Lane".

Can anyone who has already attended the interview at Charlotte clarify if they had the same issue?

Also read somewhere that the Charlotte INS office relocated. If so, may be Tyvola Center Dr is the new location?

Any inputs before i call the 800 no?

Thanks

I just noticed that the address on the office to appear for interview in Charlotte is different than the one given for finger printing.

IL says "Tyvola Center Dr" and FP was at "Chastain Lane".

Can anyone who has already attended the interview at Charlotte clarify if they had the same issue?

Also read somewhere that the Charlotte INS office relocated. If so, may be Tyvola Center Dr is the new location?

Any inputs before i call the 800 no?

Thanks

I had the same issue , Chastain Lane is for biomentrics only. The UCIS for interview is located at Tyvola Centre drive., I went this week for interview and swearing in. they are not too far apart , maybe 6/7 mins by car.
My interview was at 9.10 a.m. and i was sworn as Citizen at 2 p.m. the same day. There was probably 40 people swearing in that day.
The morning interview was about 15 mins long but I guess I was a straightforward case.:D

Yes, Tyvola Center drive is the new INS location. Thanks vankun and steve54 for your input. I had a few questions for those who had their interview:

My wife and I have our interviews on May 31st, also in the morning. Does that mean that the oath will also be on the same day? If so, can we leave and come back for the oath or do we need to stay in the building? How long does the oath process take? I am trying to find out how long we should ask our baby-sitter to stay.

For employment based GC holders, what documents do you need to take? I know, there is a complete list on this forum, but do they really ask for anything else other than passport and GC?

Was there any questions about speeding tickets? I have a couple of non-dui tickets from more than 10 years ago, that I did not mention in the application.

Sureb, if possible, please post your interview experience

Thanks!

Finished Interview at Charlotte

Me and my wife we went for our Citizenship Interview this morning.
Total experience is so pleasant we are amazed at their service.
We both were told to attend the oath immediately but we have requested them to schedule our oath after a month as we are travelling out of country next week.
They agreed right away and said we will be getting the letters for oath ceremony date in the mail.

Recieved IL

After getting my FP retaken (more than 3 months after the first one). I got my IL on 5/29/2007. The interview is schedule for 7/12/2007.

So far almost 7 months from filing to interview.

They asked for my selective service registration, even though I came to the USA when I was older than 30. Is that normal?

Temiga,
That is not normal though they can ask for any document.

It is very easy to get that document if you can prove that first time you entered US after 26. You need copy I-797 for the visa or copy of I-94 that shows the date you entered. There is a simple 3 page application where you list the dates you were in US and on which visa, attach copies and in 2-3 weeks you get the letter. Their 800 line is also very helpful (Atleast it was in my case) I would just get it as you may need that for some govt jobs for Fed scholarship (if you go for MBA and such)

Temiga,
That is not normal though they can ask for any document.

It is very easy to get that document if you can prove that first time you entered US after 26. You need copy I-797 for the visa or copy of I-94 that shows the date you entered. There is a simple 3 page application where you list the dates you were in US and on which visa, attach copies and in 2-3 weeks you get the letter. Their 800 line is also very helpful (Atleast it was in my case) I would just get it as you may need that for some govt jobs for Fed scholarship (if you go for MBA and such)

Thanks, I just got the form and I'll send it today.

Interview and Oath completed

Hi,

My wife and I had our interview and oath last Thursday in Charlotte. Overall, a very smooth process. The interview took about 20 minutes each. The officer just went over all the questions in the application to make sure that they are correct and current. There was no questions asked about speeding tickets so I did not mention mine. My wife said that she had one, but the officer just laughed and said "we all have speeding tickets". So don't fret about all this stuff. Some posts on this board can make you really paranoid!!

The only documents they asked for were GC, passport and letter.

I had used AC21, when the regulation first came out in 2001, to change jobs but this was not an issue at the interview. The officers are now quite familiar with AC21 and all that she asked for was my current occupation (which remained the same all these years).

If your interview is in the morning, be prepared for a long day. The oath process finishes around 3PM.

Good Luck!

Timeline

ksirisha,

Here is my timeline at Charlotte:

PD 11/29/06
ND 12/05/06
FP 12/22/06
IL 04/12/07
ID 05/31/07
Oath 05/31/07

thanks

Thank you for posting the timeline. I thought it was taking less time than that at charlotte but apparently not.

Completed the interview and Oath on june 18th. overall a pretty smooth experience.

PD - 12/21
ID - 6/18
OD - 6/18

Completed the interview and Oath on june 18th. overall a pretty smooth experience.

PD - 12/21
ID - 6/18
OD - 6/18

sri96, at what time was your interview? Mine is schedule for 10:30 am.

Thanks and congratulations.

temiga
My interview was at 10:10 am. Generally, if it is before 11 am they give oath the same day. But a gentleman who was called in before me was asked to wait for the oath letter (after Aug 18th). I am not sure what his interview time was though.

Goodluck

Citizenship Application details

Hi All

I have a question before filing N-400.

1.What are the documents need to send while filing N-400?

2.What are the documents needed when we attend for interview?.

3.I dont have original DOB certificate..only Affidavit will it be fine?.

Please reply..

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,
Has anyone recently submitted N-400 to TSC, i submitted mine on 5/23 and the check got cashed 2 days later. A buddy of mine sent a week later and his check hasn't been cashed.

temiga
My interview was at 10:10 am. Generally, if it is before 11 am they give oath the same day. But a gentleman who was called in before me was asked to wait for the oath letter (after Aug 18th). I am not sure what his interview time was though.

Goodluck
Thanks Sri96

Hopefully I will be able to do it all in one day