case transfer to san francisco

abc01

I wrote to Finestein last week. Last Friday, I got phone call from Barbara Boxer's office. Her office sent inquiry to Congressional Liaison regarding transfer case. If our voice is small, UCIS will just ignore transfer case.
I think that just waiting is no hope.......

KKJ

KKJ said:
abc01

I wrote to Finestein last week. Last Friday, I got phone call from Barbara Boxer's office. Her office sent inquiry to Congressional Liaison regarding transfer case. If our voice is small, UCIS will just ignore transfer case.
I think that just waiting is no hope.......

KKJ

Agree, will try to contact them as well.

Are people from December transfer also still waiting for Interview?

I think, mine is a very new transfer i.e 11 May 2004!!!

Sent a letter to Director USCIS like this

To
Mr David Still
USCIS
San Francisco District Office
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Dear Sir,

I commend the work that you and your team members are performing diligently at San Francisco District Office. The efforts of USCIS in various other centers is equally laudable, as well. The introduction of infopass to visit your office is a giant leap in the direction of better service and I am sure you would get similar positive responses from everyone. I congratulate you all on this achievement.

But just as how every system leaves some scope for improvement, I am sure you would agree that there is room for betterment in the operations of San Francisco USCIS office as well. In this regard, I would like to submit my feedback and suggestions on how you could serve the public better, and in turn the nation, with specific emphasis on I-485 cases.

While there is a Customer Service Number and online status update for cases pending in California Service Center, there is no such provision for cases filed in the San Francisco Field office. I am glad that there is a website where the normal processing times of various applications are shown which is as follows:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=71

But it does not tell what is happening to individual cases. And in case of transfer cases from service center to the local office, even the above page does not tell much. Because I came to know from Immigration Officers that the above page is applicable only to cases filed in the SFO Field office and not for transfer cases. So, I don’t see any place where the people whose cases got transferred, can go and see their statuses.

A couple of months back http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm page used to show that it takes 10 months for your office to schedule an AOS interview. But today, I no longer see that message! So basically, a person cannot know when his/her interview would come through. And particularly after waiting 10 months for the interview, it is depressing to know that the agony of waiting went in a waste as it meant nothing.

The only way currently is to personally visit your office and speak to an Immigrant Officer, which is an inefficient process. The various costs involved in a visit to the Field office would be something as follows :

1. Cost of parking
2. Cost of security guards
3. Salary of officer at preliminary information booth
4. Salary of Immigration officers
5. Salary of about 3 hours on average per visit of the person who is visiting by taking time off from work.

When you multiply this by the humongous load of cases that are pending, and the average of 3 times visit by every person (my own observation) to your office until his/her case is resolved, the economics involved is mind boggling.

In order to reduce the people traffic in your workplace and in turn improve overall performance may I recommend the following :

1. Customer Service Number for status updates and status inquiry submissions for cases pending in the local office.

2. Online Status – for both the transfer as well as locally filed cases.

3. Processing dates for various transfer cases in addition to the locally filed cases at
this url https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=71

4. Interview dates for various AOS and other applications, just as how there are processing dates for cases.

I am sure you can reduce a whole lot of work load and make your staff more cheerful through these steps. Again it is an honest feedback from a sincere hardworking taxpaying person who loves the spirit of freedom and liberty that this country is a torchbearer of.

Regards,

Really nicely composed letters!
I kind of recall that yours were transferred last December,
is it true?

To abc01

Yes sir! That was Dec 2003 and I've submitted so many inquiry letters personally visiting their office.. not a single reply from them.. its pathetic. The craziest development of all is the fact that there is no "It takes 10 months for us to schedule an interview" thing anywhere on the internet anymore. Crazy!

My next action items :

1. Send similar feedback letters more in number
2. If anyone is interested, submitting a signed written petition with our WAC#s etc. Ofcourse, we should all trust each other in here. I can actually compile a letter and send it to you all to your mailing addresses, one by one and get your signatures and WAC#s. and then we will see how it goes.
3. Mild protest ( after taking permission from SFPD) in front of INS building.
4. Suiing INS for irresponsible behavior.

Nobody is going to care a damn if we simply keep quiet and weep in a corner.

Action

We need to do some signing campaign or something like this. My cas was transfered to SFO on June 22,2004. I did not receive any notice or anything, just an email. After waiting for 2 years they transfered my case. All the new applicants get their approval faster.

We can all print a letter similar to the one above and mali or fax it to the authorities or we can gather in one place and sign the same letter with our case number and name etc.

We need to do something otherwise, our case will be touched after a year. Already, thanks giving and christmas is coming up.

Let us do something.

Thanks

Hey lets do the campaign:

We need atleast 5 to 10 people to signup.
And there should be proof of their transfer notices for authentication.

And what do you guys think of suing INs thru an attorney, now that we have come so close? all it takes first is a demnad letter and some other formalities which should not cost more than $500. If we all share, it should not be a big deal. And I can coordinate it, if you guys want. Pls let me know who will be interested. Thx.

My strategy

I believe who ever case has been transferred, we can prepare our letter and write the original date we applied etc.

You can all give it to me or if some one is volunteering we can mail to the person with a good cover letter via registered mail.

If we have atleast 10 letters, it will give some importance.

I am not sure of going to the court.

We should start doing something soon. otherwise we will be forgotten by SFO for another year.

One Question for abc01?

I know you picked up your EAD card from SF office. I was asked to pick up my card in July, which I never did. I am planning to pick it up in december. What would be my validity period would it be from July 04 till July 05 or December 04 till dec 2005?

You might know this based on your EAD pick up.

abc01 said:
It is valid for one year.

Actually they made the card (take picture and get your finger print)right there when you go to pick it up, valid from that date for a year. I sent the application 4 weeks before expiration and went there 2 weeks later, so it is valid from the date we pick it up. It is not that they have the card pre-made for you to pick it up, if you go December 04, should be valid from December.

prakash12322 said:
I know you picked up your EAD card from SF office. I was asked to pick up my card in July, which I never did. I am planning to pick it up in december. What would be my validity period would it be from July 04 till July 05 or December 04 till dec 2005?

You might know this based on your EAD pick up.

KKJ,

please keep us posted on your communications with Boxer and Feinstein. Any news? I'm planning to write as well. This is ridiculous. It's been 2 years since RD date for me; I just got 2nd FP and then my case got transferred on 8/21, which means that I'm months out from approval. Hard to believe....

maiaia

Okay, I am still waiting the feedback from barbara. When I get it, I will post the information to this site.

I don't get feedback from Senator's office yet. But, I got responce from CIS Ombudsman.( I sent my case's problem to Prakash Khatri, Ombudsman before.) According to Prakash, his office will follow-up with USCIS to assist me in obtaining a resolution to my case problem.

Is SF moving by a month every month ?

My case has a high probability to be forwarded to local office in SF, so I was just wondering, the JIT date is Jan 2004 for SF, does it mean that they take 9 months to call for an interview? or is it even longer than that :eek: ?
Thanks,