case transfer to san francisco

KKJ said:
When I went to S.F. office pick up IEAD, I went to there around 6AM.
Oh, no, you must be the 1st one in line then.how long did you wait then?when was that? Is it before your case was transferred? Looks like you got the interium EAD, assuming you applied to the center and did not get it after 90 days? I wonder if it is after the transfer, did you ask the officer how long you have to wait for I485 interview.

I was not 1 st in line. I don't remember it well. but, I waited there for about two hours. Yes, I applied it to CSC and I didnot get EAD before EAD expiration. My cases were transferred to S.F on last week. So, I did not have a chance to talk to officer about it. However, I have started to talk to Senator office about S.F. I-485EB transfer issue.

KKJ said:
I was not 1 st in line. I don't remember it well. but, I waited there for about two hours. Yes, I applied it to CSC and I didnot get EAD before EAD expiration. My cases were transferred to S.F on last week. So, I did not have a chance to talk to officer about it. However, I have started to talk to Senator office about S.F. I-485EB transfer issue.
If I am lucky, I may get some info from the officer if he/she is nice.
Will share with you folks, what I do not understand is why SF folks have to wait much much longer than SJ folks. Keep us updated on the senator office side, I am guessing whether it is because cases transferred from center are so few that we are simply ignored by SF office, maybe we should act together to creat a big impact.

abc01

I agree. We should act together. If our voice is small, maybe S.F office will ignore us. If I get some information, I will share with you.

KKJ

EAD Expiring for SFO Transfer Case

Folks,

My case got transfered to SFO on June 22, 2004. I got an email notification and did not get any paper notification.

My 3rd EAD is expiring on Jan 10th. I am planning to apply for EAD in SFO on Oct 7th. ( I think EAD need to applied before 90 days).

I completed 2nd Finger Printing in First week of June. I am 245(i) case and I read in Murthy.com, all 245(i) will be transfered to local office for interview.

My company sponsoring is a small company with two employees.

Can any one suggest, I have to apply for EAD in SFO. Should I just take the filled in form? Is it fine to go before 90 days of Expiring. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

PD: Jan, 1998
485 RD: July - 2002
2nd FP June 05, 2004
Transfer to SFO June 22, 2004
AD - God knows????????

NO!!! I think!!!

At SFO you can only apply for EAD one month in advance....

Yes... you should be applying for EAD at SFO.

Lakshmi2000 said:
Folks,

My case got transfered to SFO on June 22, 2004. I got an email notification and did not get any paper notification.

My 3rd EAD is expiring on Jan 10th. I am planning to apply for EAD in SFO on Oct 7th. ( I think EAD need to applied before 90 days).

I completed 2nd Finger Printing in First week of June. I am 245(i) case and I read in Murthy.com, all 245(i) will be transfered to local office for interview.

My company sponsoring is a small company with two employees.

Can any one suggest, I have to apply for EAD in SFO. Should I just take the filled in form? Is it fine to go before 90 days of Expiring. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

PD: Jan, 1998
485 RD: July - 2002
2nd FP June 05, 2004
Transfer to SFO June 22, 2004
AD - God knows????????

prakash12322 said:
At SFO you can only apply for EAD one month in advance....

Yes... you should be applying for EAD at SFO.
It is true, I recently did it, just mail the application to SFO about a month before expiration, and they will send you a letter to pick it up in person at the office.

I am waiting for your EAD!!!

Hey Abc,

let us know your story in detail about your EAD pick up!!! and also the validity period of your ead.

Thanks,

abc01 said:
It is true, I recently did it, just mail the application to SFO about a month before expiration, and they will send you a letter to pick it up in person at the office.

prakash12322 said:
Hey Abc,

let us know your story in detail about your EAD pick up!!! and also the validity period of your ead.

Thanks,

Sure, will post it Monday after I pick it up.

Case transfered to San Francisco... why ?

Hello,

My online status says "we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview". I have filed employement based GC and the filing date is July 2003.

Can someone tell me what does this message means ? What they will be asking at the interview and what are the implications on the timeline ?

I haven't seen many of my friends being called for the interview. Is this something I should be worried about ? What do they want to check/confirm ? Any documentation they are seeking ?

receipt number like wac-03xx-xxx-xxx.

Please respond.

May be....

Change of address
re-do Medial exam
change of job
got married during the process
Criminal record
AC21
Future employement
or Random!!!

Don't worry of the time line. You should get the interview call within two year and after one year... Enjoy... Your EAD's/AP's...

We all are before you... People from december transfer are still waiting....

Jaiswal said:
Hello,

My online status says "we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview". I have filed employement based GC and the filing date is July 2003.

Can someone tell me what does this message means ? What they will be asking at the interview and what are the implications on the timeline ?

I haven't seen many of my friends being called for the interview. Is this something I should be worried about ? What do they want to check/confirm ? Any documentation they are seeking ?

receipt number like wac-03xx-xxx-xxx.

Please respond.

EAD and 485 interview

My EB 485 was transferred to SFO in April,2004.
Picked up renewed EAD this morning.
Here is the tip:
Mail apllication
they will send you pickup notice
Take the notice and waiting in the appointment line, very short.
Done in an hour, they took picture and finger print there.
Regret I paid $16 for parking for the day, glad to be out early.
I asked the officer about 485 interview, they asked to wait in the regular line.
I did and the officer issuing ticket ask why I was there. I told hime I wanted to ask if my file is there and how soon the interview will be. He said if they issue EAD, my file should be there, why wasting time but gave me the ticket anyway. I waited a while and had to go back to work, so I walked out.

Also I got EAD for one year as usual, no indication of interview time as we hoped.

abc01

Thank you for the info.. What does 'in the regular line' mean?
I don't get feedback from Senator yet. If I can get something information about transfer case to S.F. office, I will share the info. with you.

Thank you,
KKJ

KKJ said:
abc01

Thank you for the info.. What does 'in the regular line' mean?
I don't get feedback from Senator yet. If I can get something information about transfer case to S.F. office, I will share the info. with you.

Thank you,
KKJ
The long long waiting line at Washington St. for people without appointments.
Are you trying the senator or congressman, or both, which one, Finestein, Lantos, or else?

What is validity period of the EAD?

abc01 said:
My EB 485 was transferred to SFO in April,2004.
Picked up renewed EAD this morning.
Here is the tip:
Mail apllication
they will send you pickup notice
Take the notice and waiting in the appointment line, very short.
Done in an hour, they took picture and finger print there.
Regret I paid $16 for parking for the day, glad to be out early.
I asked the officer about 485 interview, they asked to wait in the regular line.
I did and the officer issuing ticket ask why I was there. I told hime I wanted to ask if my file is there and how soon the interview will be. He said if they issue EAD, my file should be there, why wasting time but gave me the ticket anyway. I waited a while and had to go back to work, so I walked out.

Also I got EAD for one year as usual, no indication of interview time as we hoped.

oh... This means...!!!!

That SFO office is confident that they are going to approve your case in one year from now!!!! So, ONLY one more year for you... And for me it should be 1.5 years!!!

abc01 said:
It is valid for one year.

prakash12322 said:
That SFO office is confident that they are going to approve your case in one year from now!!!! So, ONLY one more year for you... And for me it should be 1.5 years!!!
It does not mean much, other than they are just doing the routine, which means, unpredictable, I think it is time to put some pressure on them, at least
have them getting close to SJ for interview schedule, SJ seems like heaven to me right now, sadly.

Putting pressure on SF District Office

I think all the people whose case has been transfered should have some one represent or one of the attorney represent to expediate the case. Already we waited 2 years in i-485 with the CA office. I think this people should have mercy on the people waiting.

This is just like another swetshop story. They want to suck as much money as possible interms of the payroll tax (SS, Medicare, Federal and state tax) and all EAD renewal fees.

We should write to Barbara boxer, Dianne Feinstein and who ever.