case transfer to san francisco

Guys! I got my approval in a letter yesterday. The wait is over at last. Thank you all for your continued support with your suggestions thorughout the journey. I sincerely wish an early approvals for all of you here.

LAkshmi, congrats on getting the call. DO NOT WASTE $1000 ON USELESS ATTORNEYS. I went without attorney, no problem. Its a waste. Its just the tradition thats started by Indians for no reason. As long as you are honest and your case is straightforward you should be good to go. Thx!

Congratu.

Congratulations!
Your approval letter and interview letter make us happy too.

Congratulations! I checked with their officer last week and the lady said it has been transferred to the "adjustment unit". The date that "adjustment unit" will take action is unknown.

What is DE 6 by the way? I check my mailbox everyday hoping some light inside.

DE6 and bgadicha reply

DE6 is the CA state Employment Development Department (EDD) quarterly payroll statement. Each company with CA employee need to file, with the SS#, LName, FNmae of employee, how much wages paid, how much CA tax paid details.

After seeing bgadicha's reply, I am planning to go myself. However, I will review with the attorney if required (just pay $ 250.00 for one hour consultation). I really can't afford $ 1000 for one hour consultation.

Let's hope the best.

De 6

You can get DE6 from the payroll department or HR. Usually they will not give it to you, you need to seal it. Make sure your name is there.

ead experiecne in local office

while waiting for sfo to end the 485 torture. i had to renew ead sometime back

overall experince 100% efficient process (cant believe it). took 22 mintues total once inside the ead room parked in the 30 minute meter and even while it expired didnt get a ticket. total time in office 45 minutes incl security check.

put appointmen tletter in tray in the room and wait.

she gives you a form to check your name and then press fingerprint and photograph and wait 10 minutes for the card.

the card is not like the real card sent by regional office,but a shitty cheap looking laminated card that looks like it could be printed on a home rpinter.

process was efficent,i cant understand why sfo is delaying 485 cases.

irritating processes:

1. stupid security check as if you are boarding a flight
2. cannot use cell phone (i feel they are violating my right to free speech)
3 cannot even drink a coffee in the wating room. how ridiculous is that?
4 dont go early one guy came at 8;45 for a 10am apptt and was told to get lost and comeback at 9:45. the watinhjg room for ead is small so they only schedule as many people as they can fit in the room.
5. they continue the iissue of ead for only one year so they cna squeeze more money from you again and again assuming they delay your case for a few more decades :mad:

I was asked for company's tax rtn for the interview. Does anybody know if a regular copy is good enough? I don't have time to wait for the certified copy from IRS.

Thanks.

shangh71 said:
I was asked for company's tax rtn for the interview. Does anybody know if a regular copy is good enough? I don't have time to wait for the certified copy from IRS.

Thanks.

In my case, I brought one copy sealed by company secretory with a letter from her stating it is the true copy, I mentioned to the officer that the company had ordered a copy from IRS, it is true, I have a copy of the receipt to show. The officer was fine with it.

AC21, are you doing an iEAD, or just EAD renewal at local office because your 485 has been transferred to SFO?

How early do you have to apply? My understanding is 30days prior to the expiration?

Thanks for the tips!

ac21_help said:
while waiting for sfo to end the 485 torture. i had to renew ead sometime back

overall experince 100% efficient process (cant believe it). took 22 mintues total once inside the ead room parked in the 30 minute meter and even while it expired didnt get a ticket. total time in office 45 minutes incl security check.

put appointmen tletter in tray in the room and wait.

she gives you a form to check your name and then press fingerprint and photograph and wait 10 minutes for the card.

the card is not like the real card sent by regional office,but a shitty cheap looking laminated card that looks like it could be printed on a home rpinter.

process was efficent,i cant understand why sfo is delaying 485 cases.

irritating processes:

1. stupid security check as if you are boarding a flight
2. cannot use cell phone (i feel they are violating my right to free speech)
3 cannot even drink a coffee in the wating room. how ridiculous is that?
4 dont go early one guy came at 8;45 for a 10am apptt and was told to get lost and comeback at 9:45. the watinhjg room for ead is small so they only schedule as many people as they can fit in the room.
5. they continue the iissue of ead for only one year so they cna squeeze more money from you again and again assuming they delay your case for a few more decades :mad:

ead card renewal

I think you should apply for new EAD for 3-4 month ahead. It probably will take more than three months. Untill 90 days, if you can not receive it, you can go to local office and renew it at same day.

You are right! your 485 is at SF office. Your EAD application will transfer to local office although you send to Service Center.

In my case, I renewed it even though it did not pass for 90 days. However, I recommend you to submit application ahead of time.

I applied December 9th 2004. EAD expire date was January 28th 2005. I thought it was sufficient but it was not. On January 27 2005, I tried to go to local office and explain my emergency situation. The receptionist said "you must come later cuz it did not pass 90 days." " I know but I brought a letter from my company for explanation of emergency situation" "No I do not want to see your letter, No exception, No! No!" She did not want to listen to my explain, in other words, she made me not to speak at all. It was very hard time. She would not even give the token(Number) to me. Oh my goodness!------------........-----.....#$%^^*$#@@@%6.......

Finally, even tough I succeded. I got the real EAD not iEAD.(useful for One year) I believe it was God's mercy, kind of exception. I must pay 175 dollar again with new application. Supervisor said you must pay because it is within 90 days. Consquently, I paid two times.

I would not recommend you that kind of situation. It was really exception. Apply ahead of time.

ead clarification for local office xfer cases

i applied for a RENEWAL OF EXISITNG EAD. my first ead was issued by ca hq,after which they transferred 485 to sfo and sfo began the torture process

1. i applied 90 days back, the dumb paralegla sent it to wrong place after being reminded 5 times to send it to sfo, anyway they sent it to sfo 90 days prior
sfo promplty sent it back telling us to get lost and come back only 30 days prior.

NOTE: APPLYING FOR A LOCAL OFFICE XFER CASE 90 DAYS PRIOR IN SFO IS NO USE. THEY SEND IT BACK. you can apply only 30 days prior.

SO EXACTLY 32 DAYS PRIOR I APPLIED SO IT REACHED ON THE 30 DAY MARK.
sfo immiadetely sends a letter in 2-3 days telling you to come on any tuesday after 1 week from receipt date (approx) so they have already entered all your numbers in the system

show up 1/2 hour early they put you in security check and then you go inside meet receptionist,show original appopintment letter and fee receipt,collect your token,
go inside rm 160 put your form in the tray and wait till your number is called.

the lady there is stressed already so dont trouble her put your fingerprint where she tells you take your photo and go back and wait, 10 minutes later collect your card and leave.

i applied for a paper ead from my attorney, stupid i know,but there were reasons for that as I jsut didnt want any complications since i did not know the procedure.

if you want you can send your packet direct to sfo, in my case the interview letter and receipt came directrly to my attorney

when u get the card you think, what a piece of shit!! for this i went thru so much hassle, the card looks ugly,so atleast smile and look good on the photo as hopefully you have to undergo this torture less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody who got the interview letter?

Waiting and waiting
Please let us know if you got the interview letter?

Got approval during interview today(2/17)

My info.
I485 RD 1/9/2002 (WAC02084*****)
transfer to S.F. 8/5/2004
EB3
AC21 case

Hi KKJ,

Congratulations!!

Can you please share your interview experience?
What type of documents did they ask you during interview?

Thanks,

Hello Visa07

Thank you.

I brought the following documentations to interview.
1)all passports (current and expired), Arrival record (Form 1-94)
2)income taxes (federal forms only) for years 2001,2002,2003, and 2004
with all W-2 forms, four latest earnings statements.
3)copy o f the 1-140 petition with all supporting documents including
Form ETA 750 from the Department o f Labor
NOTE: I don't know why they require I-140. maybe my previous
company canceled my I-140.
4)Affidavit of Support (Form 1-134)

question from immigration officer:
1) where do you live now?
2) why did you leave previous company?
3) when did you leave previous company?
4) when did you join current company?

looks like that most of all question was relevant to AC21.

i hope that you will get approval soon.
KKJ

Congradulation

Congradulationa and glad to hera your approval.

My interview is scheduled for Feb 28th, 2005.

I am preparing list of questions and answers.

My concern is I went to Canada in the year 1999. i did not get new 1-94. I just drove by.

My attorney is charging 1000 for the interview. Do you think I should go with the attorney?

I have all the document ready.

Thanks

Hello Lakshmi

I am sure that you will get approval. But, If you have something
concern, to be safe, I think that it's better to go to Interview with lawyer.
Looks like that some cases were not approval during the interview
when they went to interview without Lawyer.

For my case, I hired a lawyer and went to the interview with the lawyer.
It's difficult to know the effect. But If you run into something problem
during your interview, lawyer will help you.

Good Luck,Lakshmi.

Thanks
KKJ