case transfer to san francisco

KKJ,

Would you mind sharing the name of your attorney with us?

I would love to go with attorney, who I know has recent case approvals at interview.

Thanks,

Congratulations to those of you who already got the approval! :)

We filed I485 June 2002. Got an interview schedule last Dec 2004.

We filed our case at csc then before we received the interview schedule, our case was transfered to LA.

Our interview process is a long story... We did bring a lawyer. Months before we were scheduled for interview, we terminated our lawyer's services because he's charging us too much for expedition processes. We've been waiting for the interview for too long and he said we need to pay $1,000+ to expedite the process. A friend told us to ask for help in a Congressman's office and they did help us. I think their support helped us got an interview.

Going to the interview... We did not receive any approval after the interview. We were not able to bring a current tax document from our employer. But other than that I think the interview went well. After the interview the officer told us that we will receive their decision within 6 mos. But a month after the interview, we got a letter saying our case was trabsfered back to csc and we need to wait for 600+ days! It was so frustrating. I don't know why it's taking them so long. I don't see any problems with the documents we sent we submitted everything already. Then a few days ago, we received a letter fromt he COngressman's office saying that our case in under review in the csc and we need to wait for 6 mos. I just hope everything will be okay and we'll hear from them sonner than 6 mos.

If you guys have any idea or experienced the same thing... I would appreciate a response.

For those of you will have an interview soon, just bring all the necessary documents.

Best wishes to everyone!

Interview Date

Dear Friends,
Finally after 10 months long wait I got the interview date scheduled for March 14th. I will update you once its over. They have asked for W2's from 2001- 2004. Plus DE6 form and all AP's.

AKY

Receipt Date : 02/18/02
EAC- 02131-------

kkj lakshmi pls advise

what is complete list of documents to expect at interview.
will employer give de6 statement?
does it matter if i did not work for first 2 mo this year (no paystubs)
i ahve ead card just renewed and also ap still planning to work for same co.

also does it matter how much income was on w-2, in my case last year i did not work for some months since i was away out of country due to emergency
my question is does it matter how much was earned?

if your intervuiew date was august 5 then it is taking 6 mo for getting interview letter and one more month after that am i correct?

Guys, what do you do if the FP expires while waiting for the interview? From what I saw people w/o valid FP won't get the stamp on the spot, therefore another meaningless wait even if everything else is fine. And who knows what's gonna happen during the wait.

Can you ask to take FP first even without interview letter? I am pending at the SFO office

Thanks,
lyrix

Fp

HI,
I got a letter for FP along with my interview letter since my FP got expired.. I should get it done before Feb12th.

Hi, AC21_HELP

>> what is complete list of documents to expect at interview.

1)all passports (current and expired), Arrival record (Form 1-94)
2)income taxes (federal forms only) for years 2001,2002,2003, and 2004
with all W-2 forms, four latest earnings statements.
3)copy o f the 1-140 petition with all supporting documents including
Form ETA 750 from the Department o f Labor
NOTE: I don't know why they require I-140. maybe my previous
company canceled my I-140.
4)Affidavit of Support (Form 1-134)

>> will employer give de6 statement?

Interview letter requires this company tax documentation. However,
my lawyer and my company's HR immigration members said that I don't
need the de6. So, I didn't bring the doc. to my interview.

As to the other your question, I have no idea. Please talk to immigration lawyer.

Thanks,
KKJ

Kkj

I my case They ask for current letter of employment showing my job and wage, company tax documents and recent company payroll , 3 years w2 and income tax return document showing That I am supporting and claiming my Family in my tax file, marriage certificate, birth certificate's, my son's school ID, drivers license, all old EAD cards,passports and I 94.
Good luck :)

Do they really process according to I-485 receipt date.

Hi Guys,

My case was transferred to sfo in Aug 2004. Mine has receipt date of May 2004. I got the information through my attorney that SFO processes transferred cases on the basis of I-485 receipt date. Looking at other posts in this forum, information seems to be true. Since they keep on getting older cases from other service centers, the newly filed and transferred cases might have to wait for years. It is so frustrating and makes me mad. Is there something we can do about it? Is there someone with receipt date of 2003 or 2004 who has got interview letter?

We can track this........if everyone who is waiting for interview willing to share details......
Mine is May'03 Case.......EB3
Trasnferred to SFO in DEC'04...

Thanks AKY for answering my question

good luck with your interview

AKY2004 said:
HI,
I got a letter for FP along with my interview letter since my FP got expired.. I should get it done before Feb12th.

interview?

mine is 485 RD Nov. 2003(EB)
Finger Print April, 2004
Transferred to SF Aug. 4, 2004
Ead renew Jan 27, 2005
Ad renew Feb 15, 2005

It's unfair! compare with San Jose Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are currently scheduling interviews for cases with receipt date of early 2002. I am planning to write to Pete Stark, Barabra Boxer, Fienstein. I think everyone else can also do the same. Can't they transfer their workload to one of their sub offices San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno.

I485- Interview at SFO Please clarify

In the required documents list, other than usual stuff, there is following line which I am confused about. Please compare with your Interview letters and let me know if you have same or not.

"Also, current letters of employment from all your employers stating position, duties and salary."

Does this mean:
1. Letter from current employer OR
2. Current dated letters from all previous employers.

RD: July 2002
Transfer to SFO: July 15, 2004
Interview Letter Recieved: Feb 24, 2005.
Interview Date: March 14, 2005.
Transfered from Texas to SFO (job change, AC21)

DecadeForGC,

User sfo485 with 485 RD of Sept '02 and user Lakshmi2000 with 485 RD of July'02 got an interview letter.
If User parolee with 485 RD of Oct'02 get an interview letter next, then we are on right track.

Interview Experience at SFO - Interveiw was smooth but more doucmentation required.

I went for the Interview today without my attorney. I was very stressed.
I left my Interview letter in the Counter at 8:40 am for 8:45 am appointment.
Officer Called my name at 9:00 and apologized for making me wait for 15 minutes.

He took finger printing, signature and asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.

He asked for my passport, Driving Lic, SS, all EAD's. Officer took all the EAD's except the current one.

I am 245 (1) and came in F1.

Asked me if I changed the school, my answer was no.

Verified my address, DOB, Name etc.

Asked for the date of last arrival and took the I-94.

Took the company tax returns for 3 years and DE-6

Took my w-2's for 2004 and Tax return for the previous 3 years.

He said we are all set and asked me if I brought the proof of payment for the penalty of $ 1000.00 . Said no. He gave me a piece of paper with documentation required and entered proof of payment of penalty. I went to my lawyer office and got the proof and I will be mailing it today.

I was very disappointed for not getting the approval. Need to take this 485 torture for few more days.

Thank

Osjn

We are in the same boat as August Transferee.. :confused:

How fast did it take to renew EAD in the local SFO office?

osjn said:
mine is 485 RD Nov. 2003(EB)
Finger Print April, 2004
Transferred to SF Aug. 4, 2004
Ead renew Jan 27, 2005
Ad renew Feb 15, 2005

It's unfair! compare with San Jose Office.