• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Case numbers...

breandan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received a NL with a case number of 2010EU00013***
(Irish guy, living in France)

I've been reading the forums and trying to figure out whether my case number is high or low?

Does anyone know whether all the different regions 'share' numbers e.g;

1. EU00000001 followed by AF00000002 then OC00000003 etc

or if each region starts at 0 and works its way up? e.g.

2. EU00000001 followed by EU00000002....
AF00000001 followed by AF00000002....

If its 1, then my number is low. But if its 2, then my case number is quite high!

Thanks for any info you have...

Regards,

Brendan.

Hi All,

I received a NL with a case number of 2010EU00013***
(Irish guy, living in France)

I've been reading the forums and trying to figure out whether my case number is high or low?

Does anyone know whether all the different regions 'share' numbers e.g;

1. EU00000001 followed by AF00000002 then OC00000003 etc

or if each region starts at 0 and works its way up? e.g.

2. EU00000001 followed by EU00000002....
AF00000001 followed by AF00000002....

If its 1, then my number is low. But if its 2, then my case number is quite high!

Thanks for any info you have...

Regards,

Brendan.

yeah man i think i kind of understood u , well for every region it starts from 0 the counting starts from zero , its not that a region starts counting n they continue with another region , for every region its own counting from the begining and to me u have quite good number , not low and not high
hope i could answer ur qestion ,
pleasure to be helpful

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Brendan, my number was 17XXX and I had my interview in March last year.
As a general guess, I'd expect yours to be in January next year.

Obviously, things could change but that's what I'd assume until the numbers start coming out.

Hi Brendan,

Congrats..Wish you well. Could you also please let us know on what date you received the NL in France and also when is it postmarked and what is the date on the NL. Will appreciate it..

Hi,

The NL itself is dated May 12th, but I received it (in Ireland) on the 3rd of June.

I can't see any postmark on the envelope to indicate date, but the return address is in Sweden!

Best of luck,

Brendan.

is this a good cn

hello everybody

does anybody know if 2010EU00005xxx is a good case number.And according to the previous year when will i approximatly get my interview appointement?

I really need some answers no one around me can give me details.

thanks in advance

OC's CN and interview !!!

Hi
My CN is OC-6xx...
some tell me that interview will be earlier , around oct-nov,
but when I check in previous years visa bulletin, OC's CN is quite slower than other regions ..
Can someone tell me more about it???
thanks

@ AsOc:

Most probably in March-April, depends on how fast the numbers will run this year...
My prediction is based on last year's progression.

Good Luck!

My case number is 203XX and I am from the area of Europe. I have heard that usually they issue between 15000 and 20000 visas for this area.
Does it mean that my number is too high and I shouldn't have so much hopes of getting an interview?

I have a question, i dont think i fully understand the way case numbers work. This is where i am confused. For example, For the month of June 2009, Asia cut-off case number is 30, 350 and in July 2009 it says current. Does current mean that any number from Asia after 30, 350 e.g. dv200939XXX may be called for an interview before September OR all numbers between 0 and 30, 350 would get an interview scheduled before September.

What does current mean for numbers above the last cut-off case number?

June 2009
AFRICA 39,600 Except:
Egypt 20,650
Ethiopia 19,500
Nigeria 12,750
ASIA 30,350
EUROPE 28,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 15
OCEANIA 930
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,100

July 2009
Region
AFRICA 48,700 Except:
Egypt 21,600
Ethiopia 21,100
Nigeria 14,400
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

Hey smalllacrimose,
When the visa bulletin states that a region [e.g. Asia] is current in July, that implies that all Asian Case Numbers are current with effect from the month of July to the end of the 2009 fiscal year come September 30. If case numbers below 30,350 were current in June, while in July Asia is listed as current then all Asian case numbers from 30,350 and above are gonna be scheduled for an interview.
A case number is said to be current when it's certain that it would be scheduled for an interview in a given month or b/4 the end of the fiscal year in question [in this case 2009]. Hope you catch my drift ? Do you get the point I'm trying to make here ?

Hey smalllacrimose,
When the visa bulletin states that a region [e.g. Asia] is current in July, that implies that all Asian Case Numbers are current with effect from the month of July to the end of the 2009 fiscal year come September 30. If case numbers below 30,350 were current in June, while in July Asia is listed as current then all Asian case numbers from 30,350 and above are gonna be scheduled for an interview.
A case number is said to be current when it's certain that it would be scheduled for an interview in a given month or b/4 the end of the fiscal year in question [in this case 2009]. Hope you catch my drift ? Do you get the point I'm trying to make here ?

I think so. ok, so this means that if it says current in your region e.g Asia, you will get called for an interview regardless of what case number you have before the end of the fiscal year. Thanks :)

Thanks RichieD, Can you please explain a bit more. Let's say If the Visa Buletin of July says Asia 30350 - does it mean that Case Number 30351 will have the interview in July? Also when it says AFRICA 48,700 Except:Egypt 21,600 does it mean having case number 487001 of AF will have interview in july except Egypt and Egypt Case No. 21,601 will have interview in July?

Would appreciate your kind assistant.

The answer is given crystal clear in the visa bulletin
When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number

Thanks RichieD, Can you please explain a bit more. Let's say If the Visa Buletin of July says Asia 30350 - does it mean that Case Number 30351 will have the interview in July? Also when it says AFRICA 48,700 Except:Egypt 21,600 does it mean having case number 487001 of AF will have interview in july except Egypt and Egypt Case No. 21,601 will have interview in July?

Would appreciate your kind assistant.

Silk, if you consult the visa bulletin for July 2009 you'll notice that the information provided is crystal clear & very straight-to-the-point. The Asian cut-off for the month of July states that CNs 'BELOW' 30,350 are current. People whose CNs are 30,350 and above that cut-off are NOT CURRENT IN JULY. Someone with a CN of 30,350 or 30,351 is certainly not current. The maximum current CN for that month would be 30,349.
Three African countries, namely Nigeria, Ethiopia & Egypt are listed separately from the rest of Africa 'cos they've got their own cut-offs. These three nations are not included in a scenario whereby CNs below 48,700 are listed as being current in the month of July for Africa. As you stated in your question, CNs below 21,600 are listed as being current in July for Egypt. An Egyptian with a CN of 21,600 or 21,601 would have to wait for the August visa bulletin in order to check if he/she is gonna be current.
Is it clearer to you now ?

An American immigration lawyer stated that Eu 11XXX should be current in Dec. according to recent yrs and is a good number...I hope for my friend he is right.