Card production ordered

Congrats wehngc-eb1c,
It is so nice to hear that you got your card today. Enjoy the freedom!!!
did you get an "Approval Notice sent" email
I'll update you guys again tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Whengc-eb1C. I just guessed it as it is 10th day since the approval date. Usually takes 7- 10 days.

Yes, Abba114 will get it.

Thanks, Gcjagadam and abba114. I haven't received the approval notice yet. May be this week. Thanks again for your help.

the approval notice and the welcoming letter are the same.
did you get any of them?
did you get email from CRIS for those two letters?

hey guys,
I just got this.
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

THANK GOD

Hi whengc-eb1c:
Congrats on receipt of your and your wife's cards.

Hi abba114:
Congrats on getting the approval notice email.

I received approval notice email today.

12/17/2007 : Card Production Ordered Email.
12/18/2007 : Welcome notice sent Email.
12/19/2007 : Approval notice sent Email.

Hi guys, just wanted to keep this thread alive. Below are my timelines:

01/12/08 Card producion ordered email
01/14/08 Notice sent welcoming new Permanent Resident
01/14/08 Again Card production ordered email
01/15/08 Soft LUD without message change
01/17/08 Approval Notice sent email
01/18/08 Soft LUD without message change

Waiting for the approval notice and cards to come in mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Journey: from November 28 to Jan 2008

After along wait, I finally got a welcoming notice. This of course happened after WOM.
1/11/08 - Filed WOM
1/16/08 - Received a welcoming notice (LUDS)
1/22/08 - Card ordered for production (LUDS)
Still waiting for the card and approval notice

After along wait, I finally got a welcoming notice. This of course happened after WOM.
1/11/08 - Filed WOM

Can you please let me know which state you are in. Also how long did u wait to file WOM. My case was filed on Dec 1, 2006 and i am talking to a lawyer right now. Most of the place it is recommended to wait minimum two years. Did your lawyer also mentioned that.

What is your signature details please ?

1/11/08 - Filed WOM

re:

congrats!....what state did you file your WOM in? was 1/11/08 the date the defendants were served? did u file pro se or through attorney...did u ever speak to the AUSA in your district...

enjoy your freedom!

re:

one more question...was ur namecheck already cleared when u filed WOM? or you were stuck in namecheck

This is my details

one more question...was ur namecheck already cleared when u filed WOM? or you were stuck in namecheck
Sept 2006- Relocated to Washington State
July 2007 - Second Interview (I-485)
Could not be approved due to pending background check.
Jan 11 08- Initial Filing of WOM with the district court ( Attorney did it)
Jan 14 08 - Court Clerk accepted our filing (I don't know whether the clerk send copies to respondants because my attorney just sent him a pdf document for suit by e-mail.)
Jan 16 08 - Welcoming notice on the online status
Jan 22 08 - Card Production Ordered
Jan 23 08 - Still Waiting?? Until I get the card is when we will withdraw the case.
NB: Within the last three years, I wrote to the senators, congressmen, CIS Ombudsman, FBI (never got any reply), two attorneys, three AEDs. Caught stomach ulcers and was immaciated. Finally, my case looked more complicated because of the note I wrote in my book and actually a citizen called FBI on me. They questioned me for 5 minutes and left. That could have delayed my clearance.

more information

congrats!....what state did you file your WOM in? was 1/11/08 the date the defendants were served? did u file pro se or through attorney...did u ever speak to the AUSA in your district...

enjoy your freedom!

My I-130 was approved during my second interview (July 07)

Nov 2004 - Initial Interview (I-485) at Dallas TX
Feb 2005 - Name check initiated
June 2005 - Pending Name Check
Jan 14 08 - Court Clerk accepted our filing (I don't know whether the clerk send copies to respondants because my attorney just sent him a pdf document for suit by e-mail.)
Jan 23 08 - Received approval notice in the mail.
Jan 23 08 - Still Waiting?? Until I get the card is when we will withdraw the case.
NB: My case is at the National Center. The original approval notice according to the copy I have tells me that was sent to my former lawyer. So, it looks like there is a disconnect between the National Center and the field office where my new attorney is at. It is surprising that just by filing a WOM on 11/08, the welcoming notice is received. I'm tending to think that it is just by coincident.

Initial consultation

Can you please let me know which state you are in. Also how long did u wait to file WOM. My case was filed on Dec 1, 2006 and i am talking to a lawyer right now. Most of the place it is recommended to wait minimum two years. Did your lawyer also mentioned that.

My lawyer told me that once it is filed, the case should be heard within 45 days. May be what your lawyer was suggesting to you was to wait for at least 2yrs so that your case be strong because the government has not option to reason as far as time to wait is concerned. Two years is too long to put somebody in a state of limbo. My case, it was three years of wait. I also now believe that the type of lawyer matters. There some lawyers who have never handled cases involving WOM. So, they tend to give wrong information to clients. What I did, I searched online, used google and particularly was insterested in immigration attorneys dealing with latigation. Then I will try to check cases that they have handled, whether it was WOM or not? For instance, I did a google search like this: immigration WOM in the state of Washington. Then it could give me some clue, which I can use to locate particular attorneys. NOT ALL ATTORNEYS ARE COMFORTABLE HANDLING WOM. My attorney had handled such cases before and was also the president of some immigration lawyer association in the state of Washington.
Finally, your prayer should be that the judge takes over your case. If that is the case, then you are lucky and success ahead.

Finally got the plastic card

Nov 2004 - Initial Interview (I-485) at Dallas TX
Feb 2005 - Name check initiated
June 2005 - Pending Name Check
Jan 23 08 - Received approval notice in the mail.

Jan 26 08 - Received the plastic card:):):). Thank God and I wish all of you success in this journey of blackhole!!__________________________________________________

I recently became a fan of this thread. I am following it for the last couple of days. Thank you everyone for your contributions. It has been really helpful.

Firstly, I have a question... what does LUD stands for?

Secondly, I would to share my experience also.

I received the following email notices chronologically.

02/06/08: Card production ordered
02/08/08: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident
02/12/08: Card production ordered

It seems like all I have to do now is sit tight for the card. Do you know how long it usually take to physically receive the card?

I recently became a fan of this thread. I am following it for the last couple of days. Thank you everyone for your contributions. It has been really helpful.

Firstly, I have a question... what does LUD stands for?

Secondly, I would to share my experience also.

I received the following email notices chronologically.

02/06/08: Card production ordered
02/08/08: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident
02/12/08: Card production ordered

It seems like all I have to do now is sit tight for the card. Do you know how long it usually take to physically receive the card?

Congratulations. you should have your new baby-GC in your lap within 7-10 days. Enjoy your Freedom.
LUD is latest up date that you see online the change on your status if you have registered online to see your case status.