Card production ordered

hey guys,
I just got my welcome letter today (real mail not email). Can you make an infopass to get a I551 stamp with this letter if I need to travel soon.??

Thanks in advance for advises

Hi gcjagadam:

Approval notice and welcome notice is not the same. They are different. I got two different emails for both. Also, my attorney has received his copy of my approval notice, a week back. I didnt receive my copy till now.

Hi jhonny:

My wife's RFE was sent on Dec 7, 2007. Still didnt receive it. With the retrogression for EB2 India, I am not sure if she was alloted a visa number or not.... if a visa number was not alloted to her, her case will take a while for approval :(

Hi Raje1
YEah, CRIS delivers two seperate emails for both Approval Notice and Welcome Notice. But in mail you get only one Approval Notice letter, with Welcome P R text. Right?

Hi gcjagadam:

After some review I now believe that both approval notice and welcome notice are the same, even though we get two separate emails.
My attorney got the copy of approval notice which he sent me a scanned copy and when i reviewed it with my welcome notice that i got, they are word by word the same. the only difference is that the notice date for both are different and the sent to address are different (obviousbly). so, you are correct that we will receive only one notice in physical mail (welcome/approval notice)

Hi Bomber:

Based on your posting, I think that you were also having the same doubt about approval and welcome notices. please confirm that you didnt receive the approval notice separately.

Hi gcjagadam:

I have already received the physical card as indicated in my earlier post in this same thread. I have copied the same for your ready reference:

Card Production Email 11/29/07
Welcoming Notice Email 11/30/07
Approval Notice Email 12/4/07

Physical card received 12/7/07
Welcome Notice received 12/7/07 ( I understand that welcome notice and approval notice are the same).

Regards

hey guys,
I just received my welcome notice too. I think Raje1 is correct on that welcome notice and approval notice are the same. If you read carefully on the first line of welcome letter, it says you are approved.
"This is to notify you that your application for permanent resdience has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States."
Let me know if received something different.
Finally, a quick question for Raje1, since you received both welcome letter and the card on the same date, did they come in 2 different envelopes and post on different date?
Thanks in advance

hey guys,
I just received my welcome notice too. I think Raje1 is correct on that welcome notice and approval notice are the same. If you read carefully on the first line of welcome letter, it says you are approved.
"This is to notify you that your application for permanent resdience has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States."
Finally, a quick question for Raje1, since you received both welcome letter and the card on the same date, did they come in 2 different envelopes and post on different date?
Thanks in advance
when did you receive your notices ?

Congratulations abba114, Raje14.

Congratulations abba114, Raje14 and everyone who got the good news. Enjoy the freedom from emotional tensions.

hey guys,
Thanks in advance

My case was approved on the 10th and received approval notice sent email on the 13th but still I didn't receive the plastic card. Usually how long will it take to get
it. Our applications had my employer's mailing address not my home address I checked with my employer today too they haven't received it. Please let me know.

Also, I see LUD on 12/15 and today also there is an LUD for 485 cases for mine and my wife's case. Is it normal. Are you guys are getting LUDs like this after approval notice sent. Pls let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had "card ordered" email twice.
12/10----"card ordered" email
12/10----"welcoming letter send" email
12/13----"card ordered" email again
12/15----""welcoming letter" in my postal mail box post marked on 12/11/07

I am still waiting for the "approval notice sent" email and the physical card itself

Hi abb14a,

Did you receive your card? I did get the same email on Dec 10th and waiting for physical card and welcome kit. Please update your status.

Thanks,

updated timeline
12/10----"card ordered" email
12/10----"welcoming letter send" email
12/13----"card ordered" email again
12/15----"welcoming letter" in my postal mail box post marked on 12/11/07
12/??-----Physical Green Card----Don't have it yet

I don't know anything about welcome kit, I just got a welcoming/approval letter. It looks just like other NOAs forms

Hi Whengc-eb1c

Today i received my Card. I got my Approval Notice last thursday.

12/10 -- Card Production Ordered email
12/13 -- Approval Notice received
12/14 -- Approval Notice sent email
12/17 -- Card received by mail.

I haven't received Welcoming Email. I got Approval Notice letter by mail first and then email. I havent received Welcoming Email so far.

Here is the stream.

12/10 -- Card Production Email
12/13 -- Received Approval Notice Letter by MAIL
12/15 -- Received Approval Notice Seent Email
12/17 -- Received Card by MAIL

thanks for your reply gcjagadam,
My welcoming letter says i'm approved for the PR on the first line and it looks like our NOA forms from before. Can you tell me if it's the same as your approval notice letter.

What is NOA? you mean H1B approval notice. IF so, yes, this approval notice is same like H1B approval notice.