Can't bring my fiancées here for another 3.5 years!? WHAT?

doof

Registered Users (C)
Got my GC in Jan 2009 thru employment and recently realized that I can't just marry someone and bring her there right away.

Based on what I read online, the best option for me is to wait until I become a US citizen by Jan 2014.....get her a K1 visa, marry here and get her a greencard. Am I correct?

I'm still 3.5 years away from naturalization, it seems like eternity, any faster way to bring my lovely fiancée here???? anything I can do to speed up the process?

GC is an immigrant visa which is restricted by total number every year. Every GC holder cannot just simply bring lovely father, mother, brother, fiancée.....etc immediately or within certain time period he/she think is the reasonable time just because he/she became permanent resident. If you marry from overseas, you will apply to your spouse who supposes to wait certain time period (determined by how many others waiting on line) which will make waiting to become citizen may be shorter. If the other spouse has no other way to come to the states on his/her own for example with working visa for example will make it difficult for GC holder to expedite the process.

i wish i had met my fiancée before I get my GC. I believe H1 visa holder can bring their spouse here thru H4 without much of a wait, why can't GC holder!?!!!?

that is not reasonable to me!

i wish i had met my fiancée before I get my GC. I believe H1 visa holder can bring their spouse here thru H4 without much of a wait, why can't GC holder!?!!!? that is not reasonable to me!

An H4 is a temporary visa without work authorization, and not subject to numerical limitations. An immigrant visa for the spouse of a permanent resident is numerically limited, and more people apply than are visas available.