Can We settle on These Bases?

emails option is good!

Personally, I was not aware of this case, till around 3 weeks back. I guess there may be alot of guys who may be in the same boat. Once one files their papers they know it would take 2 years so why start checking the sites....

When you send the e-mail don't forget to mention that depends too can sign the petition. Also give a brief write up so that people could catch up with what's going on.

Could we keep it open for another week. It would be helpful for the late comer.

Thanks and all the best.

send emails to all your friends to sign the petition

I would suggest that all the readers/members should send an email out to all their friends requesting to sign the petition.

For example,
===============
Please sign this petition to expedite the immigration process in USA:
http://immigration.com/common/rsk/petition_I485.html
===============

I just did the same this morning and within 2 hours, 2 of my friends signed the petition.

although, this not the only way to get sign. but it helps us get some.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Originally posted by Edison
I don't think Rajiv will agree for this. But I think we can include in Newsletter and also news letter should contain only this request and not the regular news.

It is inappropriate for us to use peoples' email addresses for anything other than what they wanted us to use them for. We must not abuse their truest.

Originally posted by getit
" ... I was hoping to work these details out with the govt. But they have declined to cooperate on this issue at least...."

Dear Rajiv, Maybe I missed something. As above mentioned, what did they decline? does it affect something for them to accept our settlement memo?

I had asked them to not oppose our class action motion. They declined. But to their credit, they did consider it seriously.

Re: send emails to all your friends to sign the petition

Originally posted by bloody_labor
I would suggest that all the readers/members should send an email out to all their friends requesting to sign the petition.

For example,
===============
Please sign this petition to expedite the immigration process in USA:
http://immigration.com/common/rsk/petition_I485.html
===============

I just did the same this morning and within 2 hours, 2 of my friends signed the petition.

although, this not the only way to get sign. but it helps us get some.

bloody_labor,
I am afraid that you ask your friends to sign the wrong petition. Rather it should be

http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4

The signature means the person is consenting to be a class member.

-rajum

Any thing back from USCIS about our 8 proposal

Hey guys,

I am some sort of lost here.
Did USCIS declined our proposal or it was some thing else which was declined?

Could we have a NEW SPECIAL thread for the response of USCIS to our proposal?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong. It sounds to me like the USCIS is not declining our settlement offer, but rather reserving the right to challenge the notion that our suit should be all encompassing to benefit all I-485 applicants instead of just the six plantiffs mentioned in the complaint.

They have not declined.

Originally posted by solarise
Correct me if I'm wrong. It sounds to me like the USCIS is not declining our settlement offer, but rather reserving the right to challenge the notion that our suit should be all encompassing to benefit all I-485 applicants instead of just the six plantiffs mentioned in the complaint.

See this thread:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115679

Great Deal!!!

If CIS agrees to settle on these, it'd be a terrific relief to thousands of the immigration community in the US.

Thanks a lot for this whole-hearted effort, time & dedication.

Re: Let me explain

Originally posted by operations
I do not need the signatures for the court filing.

I am making a representation to the court (very conservatively) saying that we can get a ,1000 affidavits if needed. I know we can get more. 10,000 is a god number.

None of these signatures make you plaintiffs. These merely suppport my representation of you.

The Action Team is working on putting together a list of 50 plaintiffs. If the court so feels inclined, we will add 50 more plaintiffs to the lawsuit.

Count me in if for the additional 50 plaintiffs !
What infomation do you need ?
Do not hesitate to send me an e-mail for that.

Thanks for the great job !!

50 Additional Plaintiffs Required

I am willing to be one of the 50 additional plaintiffs. Let me know by private message.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by operations
I do not need the signatures for the court filing.

I am making a representation to the court (very conservatively) saying that we can get a ,1000 affidavits if needed. I know we can get more. 10,000 is a god number.

None of these signatures make you plaintiffs. These merely suppport my representation of you.

The Action Team is working on putting together a list of 50 plaintiffs. If the court so feels inclined, we will add 50 more plaintiffs to the lawsuit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: 50 Additional Plaintiffs Required

Originally posted by Dream On
I am willing to be one of the 50 additional plaintiffs. Let me know by private message.

Core Action Team is handling this. PM(to my id) further details.
ramss, please activate your PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: 50 Additional Plaintiffs Required

Originally posted by Edison

Core Action Team is handling this. PM(to my id) further details.
ramss, please activate your PM.

Edison,
Your PM box is full. Please delete all the sent messages.

Re: Re: Re: 50 Additional Plaintiffs Required

Originally posted by dsatish
Edison,
Your PM box is full. Please delete all the sent messages.

Done. Just now got the mail from admin. Now you should be able to send PM.

Subj: Help to support family reunification.

Fax your letter for V visa support

=================================
Subj: Help to support family reunification.

Please go this web site and send a fax (it is free) to the congress urging them to support family reunification petition for green card holder. This is a petition for the green card holder to be able to get their spouse on a "V" visa. Below are the instructions. Please try to send it to anyone you know. Thanks for your help.

Instructions:

1. Go to
Instead use following link:
http://econstituent.votenet.com/immigration
2. Enter your zip code (5 digits will do)
3. Click on "Help Spouses of Green Card Holders"
4. Click on "Take Action Now"
5. For every "recipient" (on the right side), choose the delivery options as "Fax"
6. Fill-in your name, address, phone number, and email. Other options are optional
7. Click on "Next"
8. Again make sure every recipient (on the right side) has the "Fax" delivery option chosen. Also make sure
that "Senate Subcommittee on Immigration", "House Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims",
and "House Subcommittee on Infrastructure and Border Security " has the "Fax" option on.
9. Finally click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by skvalluru on 29th February 2004 at 12:49 PM

Guys count me in if more no of ppl are needed for the lawsuit
even though my I485 was filed only last year.

Originally posted by hmd
Guys count me in if more no of ppl are needed for the lawsuit
even though my I485 was filed only last year.

hmd,
I sent you a PM and please reply either to Edison or myself.

-rajum