Can We settle on These Bases?

I agree

Its ridiculous that getting a RFE is a better option that not getting one. I have been observing this trend too... people who get RFE's are the ones who get approvals (particularly in CSC).

Cheers,
masti

Re: I agree

Talking about strange, there are 7 approval at NSC today according to rupnet. I hope this means they are really picking up the speed. However, I noticed more people filed in April/2002 are approved than in Feb.

Originally posted by masti25
Its ridiculous that getting a RFE is a better option that not getting one. I have been observing this trend too... people who get RFE's are the ones who get approvals (particularly in CSC).

Cheers,
masti

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
Can we ask them why 140 cases getting RFEs get approvals faster than the cases which are well qualified and dont get RFEs? Thats like punishing people who file properly and rewarding the others. Its just like rewarding GCs to illegals and not to legals.

Its so unfair.

I can understand your frustration.They are so many things which are unfair with this USCIS. From my personal deprivations by the INS, I can list out lots of them. We need to question but as an individual we need lot of resources to question.
Thats the harsh reality.

-rajum

Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Rajiv and Plaintiffs are planning to file Motion for Certification of Class Action tomorrow 2/27/2004,
however we have only 863 signatures in support of class counsel as of 5:45pm 2/26/2004 PST.
It is too much less than expected.
If you have not signed yet, please sign as soon as possible at:
http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

I suggest putting this request on home page of immigration.com.

As lot of people do not track this thread or don't have time, other than checking headlines, this request with minimum details should be put on home page (like all family members can/should be added individually and not just prime beneficiary etc).

Re: Re: Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Originally posted by myopinion
I suggest putting this request on home page of immigration.com.

As lot of people do not track this thread or don't have time, other than checking headlines, this request with minimum details should be put on home page (like all family members can/should be added individually and not just prime beneficiary etc).

Yes, The link is on home page.

My 2 cents: I request Rajiv to make the link more visible. I think "Request for support in I-485 litigation" has to rephrased.

Originally posted by kashmir
Rajiv and Plaintiffs are planning to file Motion for Certfication of Class Action by tomorrow 2/27/2004,
however we have only 863 signatures in support of class counsel as of 5:45pm 2/26/2004 PST.
http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4

* * Sign the petition to support EB I-485 Class Action lawsuit against USCIS * * *

I'm one of the plaintiff of the lawsuit filed against USCIS by Law offices of Rajiv Khanna on behalf of ImmigrationPortal.com members, online community and few other employment based I-485 applicants challenging the delays in processing of Employment based I-485 applications.

My I-485 application was approved recently, still I support this class action law suit.(* * * Edison, Plaintiff of I-485 litigation against USCIS - I-485 approved * * *)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I request all Employment based I-485 applicants (members of affected class) and their dependents to Sign the petition to support Employment based I-485 Class Action lawsuit against USCIS.

Request for your support in I-485 litigation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related discussions in the community
The Complaint

Rajiv, Plaintiffs, and Core Team Members are fighting for everyone, especially suffering from I-485 processing delay.
However, without enough support of class counsel, Rajiv (and Plaintiffs) cannot file Motion for Certification of Class Action tomorrow 2/27/2004.
This means only six plaintiffs have to fight against USCIS.
Let Rajiv file the above Motion before USCIS takes a next action.
Rajiv and Plaintiffs are planning to file Motion for Certification of Class Action tomorrow 2/27/2004,

Re: Re: Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Hi All,

You have spammed so many with many of your jokes and bill gates' money distribution schemes before, do it again for a cause, send information about this petition to every one you know to get more signatures.

Also, can we change, just for tomorrow, showthread.php to display similar message before going on to actual thread pages, asking everybody to help in getting signatures.

Rajiv, Plaintiffs, and Core Team Members are fighting for everyone, especially suffering from I-485 processing delay.
However, without enough support of class counsel, Rajiv (and Plaintiffs) cannot file Motion for Certification of Class Action tomorrow 2/27/2004.

magic number ?

is there a target # we are looking at - 1000/5000 ? given that there are only 800 odd signatories since the date of request, i suspect waiting may not be the answer - lest we expect the dam to burst real soon...

Let me explain

I do not need the signatures for the court filing.

I am making a representation to the court (very conservatively) saying that we can get a ,1000 affidavits if needed. I know we can get more. 10,000 is a god number.

None of these signatures make you plaintiffs. These merely suppport my representation of you.

The Action Team is working on putting together a list of 50 plaintiffs. If the court so feels inclined, we will add 50 more plaintiffs to the lawsuit.

I was hoping to work these details out with the govt. But they have declined to cooperate on this issue at least.

I have sent them our settlement document.

Attached here: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115679

Last edited by a moderator:
" ... I was hoping to work these details out with the govt. But they have declined to cooperate on this issue at least...."

Dear Rajiv, Maybe I missed something. As above mentioned, what did they decline? does it affect something for them to accept our settlement memo?

Thank you Rajiv for doing all this. Folks keep your fingers cross....Rajiv should we email or fax these settlement points to congress folks and the media?

Edison/Kashmir,

I think, immigration.com has every members email address..Why can't you send an email to every members and request them to sign petition. Some of the members even not checking this site regurarly but they checks their email every day..

Thank you!

just my 2 cents:

I think, you have to understand the reality here..the main reason less no. of people are signing this petition since they knows that they will get benifit even without signing this petition if the settelment/result comes in plantiffs favour. why need to take any risk, if any, by signing since any way they will get benifit..I think, core team members also have to change their approch accordignly to reach out more people considering this reality...

Just to try..eventhough every one will get benifit..please let every one know that only people will get benifit who will sign the petition..than you will get different result..

Re: Let me explain

Dear Mr. Rajiv & Core Team,

My opinion:

I think, the employer fear factor, of withdrawal of I-140 in case of I-485 filed and I-140 pending, also playing part in having less no. of people signing petition. If you will notice this trend among the signed members, then I think we have to drop I-140 from the settlement proposal due to lack of support and just stick with I-485 backlog issue only.

Originally posted by operations
I do not need the signatures for the court filing.

I am making a representation to the court (very conservatively) saying that we can get a ,1000 affidavits if needed. I know we can get more. 10,000 is a god number.

None of these signatures make you plaintiffs. These merely suppport my representation of you.

The Action Team is working on putting together a list of 50 plaintiffs. If the court so feels inclined, we will add 50 more plaintiffs to the lawsuit.

I was hoping to work these details out with the govt. But they have declined to cooperate on this issue at least.

I have sent them our settlement document.

Attached here: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115679

Originally posted by operations
We want USCIS to:
1. Start premium processing of I-140’s;

2. All I-140’s pending over 180 days should be adjudicated immediately without premium processing fees;

3. Continue concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485;

4. Once the I-485 has been pending for 180 days, the applicants should receive a conditional approval of the green card evidenced by a stamp on the passport valid for 5 years, subject to revocation only on security grounds;

5. USCIS should provide public reports on agency workloads and priorities;

6. The phone system should be improved so meaningful information can be received;

7. We must be provided a method of getting binding, written opinions on AC21 and other regulatory issues on which no regulations are issued by USCIS within six months after enactment of a statute; and

8. We should be assured a community contact point for addressing recurring grievances.

Nice work. But I have a comment regarding #4. If they issue conditional green card, it will become
an excuse for CIS to further delay the GC processing (think about AP, EAD, and 485 portability). So I do not embrace the idea of "conditional approval". I would prefer to give them a more reasonable and realistic processing time, say, 1 year for I-485. How is that.

Re: Re: Can We settle on These Bases?

Originally posted by zyu
Nice work. But I have a comment regarding #4. If they issue conditional green card, it will become
an excuse for CIS to further delay the GC processing (think about AP, EAD, and 485 portability). So I do not embrace the idea of "conditional approval". I would prefer to give them a more reasonable and realistic processing time, say, 1 year for I-485. How is that.

Please check the proposed settlement document.

Attached here: http://boards.immigration.com/showt...threadid=115679

Re: Re: Re: Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Originally posted by feb6361
Edison/Kashmir,

I think, immigration.com has every members email address..Why can't you send an email to every members and request them to sign petition. Some of the members even not checking this site regurarly but they checks their email every day..

Thank you!

I don't think Rajiv will agree for this. But I think we can include in Newsletter and also news letter should contain only this request and not the regular news.