Can We settle on These Bases?

I replied to all messages from potential plaintiffs. If I missed any of your messages, feel free to send PM again

Thanks.

plaintiffs

I have received private messages from 5 people, showing their interest in being a plaintiff. I will send replies to them today. The important thing is that these plaintiffs should support the lawsuit even after they are approved. They should submit what ever affadavits Rajiv asks. They should not vanish after the approval. Actually we are looking for plaintiffs who have filed their I485 in the last 6 to 12 months timeframe. Older cases may not be of much help as they might get approved any time. How ever, I will forward(to Rajiv) all the cases that i came across.
Thanks for your interest in being a plaintiff and i am looking forward to more people. BTW, don't send a PM to both myself and Edison. Just send it to one of us. Let's avoid double work.

what are the implications of being a plaintiff?

to be a plaintiff, do I have to get a permission from my company? from my lawyer? what does it mean to say i am a plaintiff? if required - will have to appear in court etc. thanks.

ps. sorry if this question was already answered (can you please provide a link to the answer in that case. thanks.).

About PM...

Hi Edison-
I am definitely interested in being a plaintiff. I have just PM'd you my info.

Thanks for great work.

Re: what are the implications of being a plaintiff?

Originally posted by tmc
to be a plaintiff, do I have to get a permission from my company? from my lawyer? what does it mean to say i am a plaintiff? if required - will have to appear in court etc. thanks.

ps. sorry if this question was already answered (can you please provide a link to the answer in that case. thanks.).

tmc,
This case is different from the regular I-485 case. Rajiv is not replacing your current attorney. He is representing you in the law suit.
Technically, it is not necessary to take permission from your employer or from your lawyer. However, Rajiv feels that it is better to inform them.
My understanding till now is most probably, you are not required to attend the court ...

-rajum

Re: what are the implications of being a plaintiff?

Originally posted by tmc

Check PM.

Is this a class suit or is it going to benefit only the plaintiffs whose names are mentioned on the petition? Can someone who filed his 485 just few weeks ago join as a plaintiff?

Thank you,
Hrithik

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
Hi Rajiv,

Is this a class suit or is it going to benefit only the plaintiffs whose names are mentioned on the petition? Can someone who filed his 485 just few weeks ago join as a plaintiff?

Thank you,
Hrithik

If this lawsuit is class certified then it covers everyone.

Yes, recently filed applicant can join the lawsuit as plaintiff.

Send PM for further details.

Plaintiffs for lawsuit

Details Required:

1. I-485 Details: Service center, Receipt Number, Receipt date, Notice date
2. Contact details: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail

Send the details as PM. Also let me know if you have any questions.

Actually we are looking for plaintiffs who have filed their I485 in the last 6 to 12 months timeframe. Older cases may not be of much help as they might get approved any time.

what happens to cases greater than 20 months and waiting where they are not included as plantiff and the lawsuit does not get class certified ?

Approvals will come, but when is the most important factor.

Originally posted by sgi
what happens to cases greater than 20 months and waiting where they are not included as plantiff and the lawsuit does not get class certified ?

Approvals will come, but when is the most important factor.

Based on Rajiv's prior comments, I'm sure that our litigation will be class certified.

Latest cases were suggested since those cases will be still pending and the very old cases might be approved shortly.

Any I-485 applicant, please feel free to express your interest to join the law suit as plintiff.

Originally posted by Edison
Based on Rajiv's prior comments, I'm sure that our litigation will be class certified.

Latest cases were suggested since those cases will be still pending and the very old cases might be approved shortly.

Any I-485 applicant, please feel free to express your interest to join the law suit as plintiff.

My case is filed about 12 months back. No approval or RFE so far for I140. I485 was also concurrent filing. Can I join the law suit, if so, what I need to do. Thanks.

Originally posted by sunks
My case is filed about 12 months back. No approval or RFE so far for I140. I485 was also concurrent filing. Can I join the law suit, if so, what I need to do. Thanks.

you can join the lawsuit. Please send the following details to me by PM :
your I140 and I485 details (RD, ND,Receipt number, Service centre etc) and also your Email address, phone number, address.
I wil forward the details to Rajiv.

DSATISH

Hi,

I forwarded my details in a PM to you last night reg my case.

RD-12/18/01
ND-01/03/02

I am willing to join the lawsuit.

Thx

Re: DSATISH

Originally posted by Ajay92
Hi,

I forwarded my details in a PM to you last night reg my case.

RD-12/18/01
ND-01/03/02

I am willing to join the lawsuit.

Thx

I got it. Edison and myself will consoldate the list and then get back to all of you. Thanx for your support to the lawsuit.

All those who sent PM to me

I have recieved all the private messages from potential plaintiffs. It's difficult to name them now, but i assure that i got them all. Edison and myself will consolidate our data and present to Rajiv by this Sunday. Anymore plaintiffs are welcome (especially those who have filed in 2003).