Can i relocate to a New State

sanjay73

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I'm a US Citizen. I got my passport and also my naturalization certificates. I have been a US Citizen for about 4 months. My company now wants to transfer me to another state.

Question is: Can i relocate or do i have to be in the same state where i got my citizenship?

Thanks.

BTw, I apologize for the dummest question!

No, man, you have to stay in the same state where you were naturalised for the rest of your life.

If it sounds too weird to be true, it probably is.

sanjay73,

I've seen some strange questions on this forum, but yours BY FAR takes the cake! :)

Regardless of your immigration status, you are free to move about the U.S. whenever you choose to do so, for any reason. If your status is anything less than a citizen, you're required to file an AR-11 with the USCIS, notifying them of the new address. Once you become a citizen, the USCIS no longer has jurisdiction over you, so you don't have to notify anyone of address change.

I would say that not only you can relocate to any place in the US but also to any country in the world that will take you.

You are free to move anywhere, anytime without worrying about USCIS anymore. Unless you voluntarily give up citizenship, this is your home for life. You can work for as many employers as you want, work in different states on different days. You can even live in a trailer with no address. The only time you will ever get in touch with USCIS is when you loose your naturalization certificate or when you sponsor family member for visa or GC.

. Once you become a citizen, the USCIS no longer has jurisdiction over you, so you don't have to notify anyone of address change.

Maybe it is stilla good idea to inform Dept of state in case they want to send some infomation to passport holders

Maybe it is stilla good idea to inform Dept of state in case they want to send some infomation to passport holders

I'm sure that the DOS has the capability to use the IRS database to get the most current addresses of passport holders.

Hello All,

I'm a US Citizen. I got my passport and also my naturalization certificates. I have been a US Citizen for about 4 months. My company now wants to transfer me to another state.

Question is: Can i relocate or do i have to be in the same state where i got my citizenship?

Thanks.

As a US citizen, you can even go to the 53rd state above (the moon)! That means as a US citizen you can work for NASA and can also become an astronaut-:)

Hello All,

Thanks.

It's like slavery : you are a freed slave, do whatever you want with your life! Move anywhere you want!

Hello All,

Thanks.

I hope you are kidding..............