can i go to my original country

Triple Citizen

Of course you can't go back to COP if you are an asylee. It is written all over you can't go back with such status. We are talking about Permanent Residents, not asylees.

And yes, you are missing not only something, you are missing the whole point.

1. We, the asylees of the United States, have been waiting for our Permanent Resident for at least 2 years ( those who are lucky) . I waited almost 4. Many things can happen in 4 years. For example your gay partner could be dead by now, the goverment of your country could have change, the guerrilla soldier that threaten you can be at jail, and so on, and so on.

2. Some of us are derivate aylees, that means we where not involved in the story, we were no persecuted or are not in danger by going back to COP.

3. It is also written that if you have an emergency,(still being an asylee) like a sick parent or family member you can go back without a problem.

4. When you become a Permanent Resident you have rights and responsibilities and one of the right is that you can travel anywhere you want and come back.

5. If you are a US citizen what are you doing here in a political asylum forum?

6. Your apologies sound fake. :mad:

Hi,
Thanks for the tutorial.
(1) Totally agree
(2) Totally agree
(3) Didn't know that, thanks for the information
(4) Totally agree
(5) My cousin is an asylee and just last week he wanted to know if he travel back to Pakistan
(6) My apologies were genuine, though I do not have the power to convince everyone it seems

Colombian PR said:
1. We, the asylees of the United States, have been waiting for our Permanent Resident for at least 2 years ( those who are lucky) . I waited almost 4. Many things can happen in 4 years. For example your gay partner could be dead by now, the goverment of your country could have change, the guerrilla soldier that threaten you can be at jail, and so on, and so on.

2. Some of us are derivate aylees, that means we where not involved in the story, we were no persecuted or are not in danger by going back to COP.

3. It is also written that if you have an emergency,(still being an asylee) like a sick parent or family member you can go back without a problem.

4. When you become a Permanent Resident you have rights and responsibilities and one of the right is that you can travel anywhere you want and come back.

5. If you are a US citizen what are you doing here in a political asylum forum?

6. Your apologies sound fake. :mad:

Who will you choose?

I think Columbia PR got you squared!

A query to you: assume our great genius President Bush (the most merciful, the most educated, the most enlightened, may his name be blessed) wanted to bomb the shit out of Pakistan and since the Canadian government does not want to support our most enlightened President, he in turn wants to also bomb the shit out of Canada (mainly because they just annoy him and frankly a lot of us as well), and then the great nations of Pakistan and Canada declare war on this US of A (as properly identified by Borat), who would you pledge allegiance to?

Just curious!

Simple. Out of three citizenships I hold, only one got my promise to bear arms for them.

TortFeasor said:

A query to you: assume our great genius President Bush (the most merciful, the most educated, the most enlightened, may his name be blessed) wanted to bomb the shit out of Pakistan and since the Canadian government does not want to support our most enlightened President, he in turn wants to also bomb the shit out of Canada (mainly because they just annoy him and frankly a lot of us as well), and then the great nations of Pakistan and Canada declare war on this US of A (as properly identified by Borat), who would you pledge allegiance to?

Just curious!

TortFeasor said:

Just curious!

TortFeasor,you are so funny. I agree and love your logic. lol lol

Triple Citizen said:
Hi,
Thanks. I'll forward this to my cousin. He was keen to visit our grandmother in Pakistan but was advised by everyone (including me) that he simply couldn't.
Thanks once again.
Hello Triple Citzen,

First of all, you are a lucky guy. You have 3 citizenships when all of us here are trying to get one.

Secondly, I visited your personal web site and you sure are very much in love with your cars! I admire your passion.

But anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that maybe you are sharing too much information on this forum (the web site has your name and your location, the pictures have your licence plates and your house number too). it would be so easy to find you! I mean it might be OK, but you never know some people are crazy. I'd remove the personal web site link from this forum if I were you! Anyway, this is just my opinion, do as you wish.

By the way, you are right. Your wife is beautiful!

MGTgrl,
Thanks for the input and sound advice. I agree, there are crazy people out there. However if there is someone who wants to harm me, they will find a way, regardless of what information I provide to them or not.

Regarding my 3 citizenships, I would not call it all luck. I was born Pakistani and was exclusively one until my mid 20s. I then qualified for Canadian immigration on their points system and moved there. Lived there for 5 years and became one. Had no intentions of moving anywhere. Then love struck :)
Fell in love with an American girl and had to move to the US to be with her. Now I have lived here long enough to be American.

I owe a lot to both Canada and the US. I am very grateful to both these countries that they allowed me to acquire a standard of living that I would have never been capable of in Pakistan.

BTW, thanks a lot for complimenting my wife :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple Citizen said:
Hi,
I just had a question for all those of you who got successfully acquired asylum and are now debating if it is ok to visit your original country. I apologise in advance if my query upsets someone, though you can blame my ignorance of the asylum process for that.

An individual is granted asylum by US authorities if he or she can satisfy the adjudicators that he or she is not safe (or fears persecution in any form or shape) in his or her country of origin. Correct me if I am wrong.
Now once asylum is acquired, how would it appear to US authorities that the same individual visits his or her country of origin? Didn't that individual just successfuly prove that he or she wasn't safe there? To me it appears as contradicting one's own successful case. Am I missing something?
I apologise once again if my query upsets anyone here. Nothing was intentional.

TRipplecitizen: First of all welcome to the forum. The forum needs you becuase we have had individuals with questions regarding Candian and US citizenship to which we could not provide a first hand experience. I hope your presence will be of very importance to those individuals. As regards to your question regarding Asylee and going back country of origin, even though you claimed you have no knowledge of the process, your logic and analysis are of high class; however, there are individuals who have greencard through asylum and went back to their country of origin and who make it impossible to talk the issue genuinely. Whenever the issue is raised and the debate is unleashed they take it personal as though we are the law makers.

When individuals are granted asylum, they are given different papers indicating their asylum status. The common type is I-94. This could have different stamps. for example. conditional or indefinite. When an asylee adjusts their status to permanent residents, they issued greencards with codes. for example, GS6 or GS8. the asylum doesn't go. Now let us say an asylum seekers comes to the US in 2000, and asks for asylum. He told the immigration authories that if he goes back to his country of origin at any time he will be beheaded at any time. Protecting his life, the immigration authorities gave him asylum, which basically means protecting him from the persecution of that country's people. And this claim that an asylum seeker can not go back to his country of persecution is the basis on which asylum is granted. There could be few exceptions even I believe all of them are based on this. even if one gets asylum based on homosexuality the essence of his claim would be that his country is not safe for him/her becuase of his status as homo.

Let us say this hypothetical individual got asylum in 2000 and got greencard in 2003. Let us he/she visited COP three times after greencard. If he applied for citizenship in 2008 how would this person explain his trips provided that he/she got her asylum that he/she would be murdered in went back to that country. Isn't there a clear lie there, and contradiction. Rememer, even when applying for reentry permit, there are questions speciffically asking how you got your greencard, and if you got it through asylum did you go back to that country. Also, the law clearly says at any time of a person's immigration process even after citizenship if the government discovers lie or misrepressentation the attorney general has the authority to cancell immigration status.

There is another case which most people don't understand. It is the question of deravitive asylum. deravitive asylum simply means that the derivative depends on the principal. The principal is hold accountable, not the derivative. If for example the principal's asylum is revoked the derivite's asylum is revoked as well; therefore, derivative is more vulnerable than the principal.

Finally, asylees whether or not having greencard or not who go back to their country of persecution are in violation of the terms of their grant of asylum. Greencards entails additional responsibilities and rights, but the condition of the asylum does not go. It is there. Going back your COP because your grandpa is sick is good moral code, but in the process it tells something else. It tells that you can go back to your country, and the government if it tells you that your grandma needs you and stay with him I don't think they should be immoral too....................

For those of you who visited your COP I know you won't like my comments because it hurts you. It should not be this way. I am not the government. I am a fellow asylee like you; just expressing my understanding of what it means to maintain sylum status...good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Gs6 -gs8

Faysal:
Does your Green Card has code GS6 or GS8? That's weird. My understanding is that the asylee codes are AS 6 for principals, AS 7 for spouse and AS 8 for children. I'm I a different kind? Can someone tell me what's the difference. :confused:

By the way, and as I told you before, everyone ownes their fears, people can go back to COP if they don't fear going back. :rolleyes:

Colombian PR said:
Faysal:
Does your Green Card has code GS6 or GS8? That's weird. My understanding is that the asylee codes are AS 6 for principals, AS 7 for spouse and AS 8 for children. I'm I a different kind? Can someone tell me what's the difference. :confused:

By the way, and as I told you before, everyone ownes their fears, people can go back to COP if they don't fear going back. :rolleyes:

You are right. that is what i meant. but they do stand for asylum right...

I don't agree with faysal when he says "the asylum does'nt go".
Twice the IO told me in infopass interview "you don't have problem if you come back to you COP, because you are no longer asylee, now you are a LPR"

The code in GC means where LPR comes from.

Please Faysal, read and understand wath USCIS says:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Welcome
Now that you have become a Permanent Resident of the United States we would like to welcome and congratulate you on your accomplishment. Some of you came to the United States as immigrants through a relative or through an employer. Some of you came as refugees or were given asylum status. And some of you came through other programs, like the Diversity Visa Lottery. But now that you are Permanent Residents you all share the same status. You have certain rights and certain responsibilities as Permanent Residents. This document will give you a general idea of what those rights and responsibilities are and some other useful information related to your immigration status as a Permanent Resident. You may also wish to read Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants, a guide (in English and 10 other languages) containing practical information to help immigrants settle into everyday life in the United States, as well as basic civics information that introduces new immigrants to the U.S. system of government.

Travelco
GC Holder

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Welcome
Now that you have become a Permanent Resident of the United States we would like to welcome and congratulate you on your accomplishment. Some of you came to the United States as immigrants through a relative or through an employer. Some of you came as refugees or were given asylum status. And some of you came through other programs, like the Diversity Visa Lottery. But now that you are Permanent Residents you all share the same status. You have certain rights and certain responsibilities as Permanent Residents. This document will give you a general idea of what those rights and responsibilities are and some other useful information related to your immigration status as a Permanent Resident. You may also wish to read Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants, a guide (in English and 10 other languages) containing practical information to help immigrants settle into everyday life in the United States, as well as basic civics information that introduces new immigrants to the U.S. system of government.

Travelco

I agree with you that you don't agree with me, but the problem is was the asylum true. If you go back to your COP, it means you got asylum through false claim. If you don't go back to your COP, then you are fine. You are permenant resident, but you go back COP then it is a violation the basis of your permenant residence..............You may lose it you they want

Faysal,
Thank you for your long and informative post. I just wanted to let you and the rest know that my objective on this forum is to further enhance my knowledge about subjects I do not know much about, and possibly help others with my limited knowledge that I have gained via personal experience.

I do not mind banter or critisism. That is part and parcel of free speech. Tones and intentions can never be accurately portrayed via script and thus if my initial post appeared to some as full of malice and mockerey, then the only thing I can do is apologise.

I will be willing to help out anyone who needs information/advice/comments about a subject that I have personally experienced.

faysal said:
TRipplecitizen: First of all welcome to the forum. The forum needs you becuase we have had individuals with questions regarding Candian and US citizenship to which we could not provide a first hand experience. I hope your presence will be of very importance to those individuals. As regards to your question regarding Asylee and going back country of origin, even though you claimed you have no knowledge of the process, your logic and analysis are of high class; however, there are individuals who have greencard through asylum and went back to their country of origin and who make it impossible to talk the issue genuinely. Whenever the issue is raised and the debate is unleashed they take it personal as though we are the law makers.

faysal said:

When individuals are granted asylum, they are given different papers indicating their asylum status. The common type is I-94. This could have different stamps. for example. conditional or indefinite. When an asylee adjusts their status to permanent residents, they issued greencards with codes. for example, GS6 or GS8. the asylum doesn't go. Now let us say an asylum seekers comes to the US in 2000, and asks for asylum. He told the immigration authories that if he goes back to his country of origin at any time he will be beheaded at any time. Protecting his life, the immigration authorities gave him asylum, which basically means protecting him from the persecution of that country's people. And this claim that an asylum seeker can not go back to his country of persecution is the basis on which asylum is granted. There could be few exceptions even I believe all of them are based on this. even if one gets asylum based on homosexuality the essence of his claim would be that his country is not safe for him/her becuase of his status as homo.

Let us say this hypothetical individual got asylum in 2000 and got greencard in 2003. Let us he/she visited COP three times after greencard. If he applied for citizenship in 2008 how would this person explain his trips provided that he/she got her asylum that he/she would be murdered in went back to that country. Isn't there a clear lie there, and contradiction. Rememer, even when applying for reentry permit, there are questions speciffically asking how you got your greencard, and if you got it through asylum did you go back to that country. Also, the law clearly says at any time of a person's immigration process even after citizenship if the government discovers lie or misrepressentation the attorney general has the authority to cancell immigration status.

There is another case which most people don't understand. It is the question of deravitive asylum. deravitive asylum simply means that the derivative depends on the principal. The principal is hold accountable, not the derivative. If for example the principal's asylum is revoked the derivite's asylum is revoked as well; therefore, derivative is more vulnerable than the principal.

Finally, asylees whether or not having greencard or not who go back to their country of persecution are in violation of the terms of their grant of asylum. Greencards entails additional responsibilities and rights, but the condition of the asylum does not go. It is there. Going back your COP because your grandpa is sick is good moral code, but in the process it tells something else. It tells that you can go back to your country, and the government if it tells you that your grandma needs you and stay with him I don't think they should be immoral too....................

For those of you who visited your COP I know you won't like my comments because it hurts you. It should not be this way. I am not the government. I am a fellow asylee like you; just expressing my understanding of what it means to maintain sylum status...good luck
Fasal , i feel you , however don't waste your breath ,
Some folks on this forum take advantage of their country conditions and apply for asylum in this country.
Their only fear is of spiders , hights and some other phobias cause clearly they go back , renew passports and do all they want cause some official told them to do so ... keep in mind always read the ***law*** . So Faysal , please dont try and make sense , you waste your time
People take advantage of the system and this is the reason we loosing freedoms in this country , your good intention or reasonable explanation will be seen as hostile . This topic has been publicized many of times .
Peace ! and "May God continue to bless you and your familly" <<< fav quote i've heared W say ;-)

faysal said:
I agree with you that you don't agree with me, but the problem is was the asylum true. If you go back to your COP, it means you got asylum through false claim. If you don't go back to your COP, then you are fine. You are permenant resident, but you go back COP then it is a violation the basis of your permenant residence..............You may lose it you they want

I don't think so Faysal.
Why do you think if I come back to my COP means I got my asylum thru false claim? If the politycal circumstances in my country have changed 6 years after I fled and if I have my 80 years-old mother sick, why I could'nt come back to see her? It will be my own risk, but it not means I claimed a fake asylum.
I know a lot of people (GC holders based on asylum) who have come back to my country and have not faced any problem when they have returned.

Travelco
GC holder

Travelco ,
If the condition in your home country change you're a lucky man , but that don't mean that "ALL OF US" are as lucky as you are .
Peace again