California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
mahe04 said:
Does any one know how long the non-rir date has been at 27-APR-2001.

I remember 26-APR-2001 took 6 or so months.

Thanks,
Mahender
This is approximately what I had noted for the non-RIR cases:

Processing As of
======== =====
4/19/2001 9/23/2002
4/20/2001 9/26/2002
4/23/2001 11/11/2002
4/24/2001 1/28/2003
4/25/2001 3/14/2003
4/26/2001 8/01/2003
4/27/2001 4/12/2004

I heard from my attorney that they received an RFE. From the conversation it seemed like SESA wants information on layoffs from my company.

Did anyone had been through a similar situation ? Please let me know what my options are. I'm already at the end of my 6th year expiration.

Backlog reduction center for California???

I read in the section for Philly DOL that backlogged labor certifications in the regional DOL from Philly and Dallas are being moved to the new backlog reduction center.

Is there any similar consideration for backlogged files at the California DOL?

bcshak said:
I heard from my attorney that they received an RFE. From the conversation it seemed like SESA wants information on layoffs from my company.

Did anyone had been through a similar situation ? Please let me know what my options are. I'm already at the end of my 6th year expiration.

Hello!

Like bcshak, my priority date was the 12/12/2003 (which was reached on the 17th of Sep). He received the notice last Fri (24th of Sep), and I have not heard anything. Any ideas?

Regards,

Emil

Got assesment letter from EDD :(

Hi,

My employer got an assesment letter from the EDD stating that:

1) "Computer Programmer" is not a profession.
2) My job title should be "Network Communications Engineer" (The job description doesn't even mention networks).
3) Excesive experience requirement, the add was something like this:

"B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, 4 years of experience, 1 to 2 years of ColdFusion experience, 1 year of Web development"

My employer is going to send an answer to all previous statements, but from here what could it happen?, why did the EDD send this letter?

I am a Sr. web Applications Developer with more that 15 years of experience in MS Technologies and I have a bunch of Brainbench certifications.

Thanks,

C. White

RIR - P.D. Nov 19, 2003

Denied RIR remanded to non-rir in EDD/SESA from DOL

Guys,
CAn anybody provide me some pointers on how to fight this problem...
what is the phone number /email address and other details
How should I go about it...Thanks

Check out my timeline...anybody else on this list like me.
If yes wat plans you have to tackle this.

Timeline for ur refrence

1. Filed in 5/30/2001.(EDD/Labor state)
2. Goes to Federal state on: December 2001
3. Recvd at Federal : Jan 2002
4. Retest Remand Letter - March 2003
- My employer provided retest data to them
5. Denied RIR - went to EDD as non RIR case- April 2003
6. Haven't heard from them last one year + - June 2004

There were some optimistic moments where DOL had agreed it will take back all the cases which they had put back to EDD. Actually many cases did got approval who were filed after me but for my particular case.....looks like it is lost hope....

It seems denied RIR cases which were put in non-RIR queue in EDD by DOL is never gonaa make it...CAN WE DO SOMETHING about it.

Non-RIR cases hardly move.

Can anybody suggest what option I have . I have expiring H1.
Seeking GC has been a very bad experince for me.
They say u can keep extending H1 year by year every year as your labor is pending but this is so big hassle...Oh god getting GC has been a eal unfair process for me...I better return back to india now.

- Ajay

Ajay,

I went through the same nonsense as you did. My attorney suggested that filing for a new LCA in RIR may probably move faster than waiting for the Non-RIR queue to move.

Someone in this thread had posted progress for the Non-RIR dates. Please check it out.

Hope this helps.

h1b

I am in a similar position, PD of 5/2001,remanded and waiting since then.
These are the options I think I have
1) Forget GC, work till H1 expires and go back home after that.
2) Find another job and apply in CA as RIR, since i didn't have enuff experience before I joined this company, my chances of getting approved as vastly improved if I switch and apply again.
3)Wait for BEC, backlog elimination centers, they calim that they would finish all the cases with 2 years. But looking at the initial progress, I am very skeptical that they would be done in anytime less than 4 years. And CA is not even on the radar for processing yet. But if if does every work out and if u do see the day when ur labor is certified, ur 140 and 485 should be done much faster, cause of earlier PD.
4)Wait for PERM, again it's been floating in space forever, when it would get implemented no one knows, and if it does then my chances are more to get thru it if I apply from someother company and use my current experience.
5) If ur company has branch in other country, go and work there for a year and come back and keep waiting till ur app is certified.
6) Find one of those companies/brokers who have pre-approved labor or something, but i don't trust them.
As for me, I am not going to wait anymore, I have just over a year left on h1 and I am going to find another job and start all over, if i get gc fine else go back home, there is nothing much we can do.
may the force be with u

Is this too quick?

I have an MS + 3 yrs work experience (circuit design). My company applied for labor certification for me in May 2004. Just got an email from the HR dept that they have received notification the the state dept has approved my application and forwarded it to DOL. Isn't it a little too quick? I was expecting it to take another year or so.

theshack said:
I have an MS + 3 yrs work experience (circuit design). My company applied for labor certification for me in May 2004. Just got an email from the HR dept that they have received notification the the state dept has approved my application and forwarded it to DOL. Isn't it a little too quick? I was expecting it to take another year or so.
Hmmm... it was quick. SESA (state) is working on Jan 2004 cases currently. It would be 4-6 more months otherwise, may be they are favoring people with your skills.

It noticed that RIR application date moved 2 weeks in a week time period. But looks like it had slowed down. Now its moving 1 week in a week time period. The current processing date for RIR is 01/22/04

I know it is a very basic question (and I am sure this question was answered before) but the old threads are way too long to find what I would like to know. What is the phone number to find out about my the status of my case at SESA. (I know my case number)
TIA

honkman said:
I know it is a very basic question (and I am sure this question was answered before) but the old threads are way too long to find what I would like to know. What is the phone number to find out about my the status of my case at SESA. (I know my case number)
TIA

Anybody ?

TIA

honkman said:
Anybody ?

TIA
I saw this in one of the posted messages --

For California SESA, it is (916) 464-3400 - to get the current processing date, after 5pm OR, 916-653-5100 to talk to a person.

I have not called myself to check case status or find out processing dates.

fan123 said:
I saw this in one of the posted messages --

For California SESA, it is (916) 464-3400 - to get the current processing date, after 5pm OR, 916-653-5100 to talk to a person.

I have not called myself to check case status or find out processing dates.

I tried 916-653-5100 and I know now that they process Jan 27 2004 for RIR but is there also a chance to find out the status about my particular case because I know that they don't always work continously regarding the case numbers.

TIA

hi,
I got a RFE from SESA, saying that they need the whole page and not just a copy of the ad posted in the local newpaper. They also say that I should be Classsifed as Engineer Level II not III which my company says i am. Also, now they will not count my experience at Level II that I had with my company. Lawyer ran ad with Masters plus 4 yrs exp. SESA saying that ad is too restrictive and should be BE+ 4 yrs. Trying to work thing out with my HR and the Lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.