California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application transferred to SF Dept. of Labor

:) Thanks everyone for the information and help. I am moving out of this thread onto the SF DOL thread.
Good luck Guys!!!

Hello,

I have been watching this wonderful forum so long and just decided to register today.I have a question and appreciate if someone can answer.

Currently I work for only one company A as full time and the company filed LC for me. How about my LC/GC if I work for company A as part time because company B wants to hire me? Is approval for LC and GC difficult if I only have part time job for the fied company?

lhy said:
Hello,

I have been watching this wonderful forum so long and just decided to register today.I have a question and appreciate if someone can answer.

Currently I work for only one company A as full time and the company filed LC for me. How about my LC/GC if I work for company A as part time because company B wants to hire me? Is approval for LC and GC difficult if I only have part time job for the fied company?

Hi,
It doesn't matter whether you work part-time or full-time since LC is for future job offer.

Assessment Notice from EDD

Hi all,

I recently got an assessment Notice from EDD regarding labor certificate. Is this common for EDD to ask for more details???

Anyone with similar experience pl. share. Our attorneys are working on the case - but is this unusual?? Wondering if my case will go to DOL and finally end up with remand :(

Thanks..

Any new info from SESA CA

PD 08/2001
RD 10/2002
Remanded to State on 06/2003
Fate Unknown????

I talked to one of the EDD person last week to find out the status of my
case. I was told that there were around 40,000 cases filed in April 2001
and that it would take min 5 years for SESA/EDD to go past April.
Does it mean that one has to wait for a decade to clear the first stage in GC
processing?. :mad:
Guys, do u see any changes to this in the near future. Will PERM help us?

bayareagc

I don't know if PERM is going to help or not. Most probably it won't help old cases. But there is 'Backlog reduction program', which is supposed be already in place by now. They claim that in 2 years all the pending cases (nationwide-310000 including regular/rir), should be cleared. But I don't know how much should we rely on their estimates.

Any progress in the State processing. On Aug23 my friend's case (P.D 10/16/03) was transferred to Fed.
--murali

m_chundi said:
Any progress in the State processing. On Aug23 my friend's case (P.D 10/16/03) was transferred to Fed.
--murali
Looks like 'basss' is out of this forum, who used to give regular updates on state processing times.

Their way to reduce backlog

I think the strategy to reduce backlog is to keep delaying it till we get too frustrated and quit.

Urgent Help!!!

My labour is struck at California(remanded back to state from RIR), PD 08/2001. Currently in non-rir queue.
I have an offer from a company which is willing to start GC for me from either
massachusetts OR north carolina(they have offices in both places).
My h1(6 years) is expiring this yearend and my current employer has already
filed for 7th year h1 extension.
Guys i need your advice,
Should i stay with the current employer?
Should i start the labour with the new employer(he says it is ok if i join after
the labour is approved)?
What are the chances of my current labour(in CA) getting approved before
the new one gets approved?

Integrate our company to Michigan

Hello

Our company has a plan to move our California office to the Michigan office. The problem is my labor certification is still in the California SESA.

If I move to Michigan, can the labor certification be transferred to the Michigan SESA without any problems or should I restart the process including advertisements for RIR ?

In any cases, I need to extend my H1 visa for 7th years. If I need to restart the process at the Michigan, I think I can not extend 7th year extension for my H1 visa.

Please let me know what happens in this case.

Thanks

modunet said:
Hello

Our company has a plan to move our California office to the Michigan office. The problem is my labor certification is still in the California SESA.

If I move to Michigan, can the labor certification be transferred to the Michigan SESA without any problems or should I restart the process including advertisements for RIR ?

In any cases, I need to extend my H1 visa for 7th years. If I need to restart the process at the Michigan, I think I can not extend 7th year extension for my H1 visa.

Please let me know what happens in this case.

Thanks

1. You can not move the labor application from CA to MI. You have to file fresh application from there.
2. You still can get 7th Yr extension, based on the application filed in CA (if you had 365 days left on H1 limit when you filed LC App.), even though you won't be using that LC later and another application is filed from MI.

Murali,

Call 916-635-5100, you should be able to speak to a person during their regular office hours 8a.m to 5p.m, after 5 p.m you'll hear to a pre-recorded msg about the current processing dates.

m_chundi said:
Hi Vasu,
How did u get this info? Is there a number to call?
--murali

vasu_c said:
Murali,

Call 916-635-5100, you should be able to speak to a person during their regular office hours 8a.m to 5p.m, after 5 p.m you'll hear to a pre-recorded msg about the current processing dates.

Thanks, Vasu.
--murali

dbshisode1 said:
I guess it is (916) 653-5100
Thanks, i left a couple of messages on the other number. Looks like it is stuck on Nov 17, 2003 for some time for the RIR.
--murali

its moving-- current processing date is...

24-nov-2003. I have just called up this mrng and spoke to an officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.