California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, I thought my message was clear. I specifically used the words "reciept letter" not "receipt date".

I am just inquisitive about whether DOL will send my lawyer correspondence when they receive the EDD approval.

Thanks

Originally posted by Sunnyvale123
Titan01,

Are you sure about the fact that the RD is preserved at DOL? I am under the impression (from of what my lawyer said) that we lose DOL's RD but we get to keep SWA's PD. The remanded case will be treated as any other non-RIR case filed on the same date as our PD. So we will get a new RD at DOL whenever it gets forwarded there and it will be processed accordingly.

re: runaway73

runaway73,

I was not replying to your post. I was asking for a clarification from Titan01 who responsed to cal97's post about "remanded to state" cases. Sorry if it confused you.

My labor and 140 had been a approved from my former company when it tanked in 2001. I was told to reapply with my new company and Im waiting for the DOL ( PD is Feb 2002 and got forwarded to DOL in Jan 2003 ). My question is, shouldn't my PD with my older company (which was Nov 2000) be used with the new labor certification rather than a new application.. i.e shouldn't my lawyer while filing for my State Labor (which is CA) be using that date.. hence shouldn't my new PD also should have been Nov 2000 and should have got processed immediately when it got filed in 2002 Feb rather having been processed in 2003 Jan.. Again this company seems to be tanking and I need some answers to be better prepared in the next round .. if there is any ..

thanks
jayant

LC belongs to employer only not to employee

jayantjain ,

Labor Certification relates & belongs to the employer only. You cannot use your previous employers labor certification/ Priority date to the current employers LC process unless its a merger or acquisition. I went thru this My previous employer file my LC in Sep 2001 and Bankrupted Apr 2002 so that LC gone. My new employer filed a new LC in Nov 2002.

Sunnyvale123

I specifically went through this discussion with my lawyer and he repeatedly confirms that the RD will be preserved in DOL. The delay would be in SESA in order to get to our PD, but when its transferred to DOL ,lawyer said they will act on in immediately.

It looks like lawyers are confused about this issue. My lawyer told me that the SESA PD is preserved. But that does not mean that they work on it immediately. The term she used was "The case is shelved". Then, after a certain period of time, these cases are again taken off the shelf for processing. The cases are then processed in the sequence of their PD's. After this, they(SESA) supervise the company's recruitment process. They dictate where the ads should be placed and even specify the names of newspapers. The reumes have to be sent to them. Once they confirm that there are no candidates available, the case is sent to DOL. There, it gets a new RD.
Currently, this process is taking 3-4 years!!!
Again, I am not vouching for my lawyers. But she is pretty senior in the field and is a member of AILA and attends all the meetings with DOL and stuff. This is the info she gave to guys from my company whose cases have been remanded.
:confused:

I spoke to my attorney about what happens to the PD and RD if a case is remanded and he says that the Priority Date at EDD is maintained but the RD at the DOL is the new RD.

Seattle Queue in San Francisco

Is there anyone who is in the seattle queue and following this thread? Apparently, applications from both Seattle region and California region are processed in San Francisco.

Please update if any one of your application got certified from Seattle DOL. Looks like, currently, they are processing the applications with PD in Jun 2003.
Or
If any one of you came across some information about seattle queue, i request you to share with me.

thanks in advance.

-milpride

I got NOF from DOL in April, 2003. My lawyer sent back reponse around mid June after doing required market retest. It's been two and half months since then and I have still not heard anything from DOL. I am so confused. I know DOL usually makes decision withing two weeks after they receive the response. What could be wrong with my case?

Anybody in the same boat? Is there any way for me or my lawyer to find out what is going on?

Thanks for your info.

Any news about Nov 2002 cases??

DOL AVM says they are now processing Nov 2002 cases.
Does anyone have a latest news on what's going on with Nov2002 cases? :confused:

Any kind of update is really appreciated.

-WaitingInHell

Re:iamconfused

Dude,
I am in the same boat as you are. There were some two+ RFEs sent and our attorney sent NOF back to them. Its been almost six months and no word from them. There is nothing we can do. Our attroney in fact called them once,even then response.

Some things dont just happen, thats all.

Your lawyer should try reaching the people at DOL. One my collegue had a similar situation. He put pressure on the lawyer to check the status. 3 days after the lawyer called, the case got certified. Sometimes it works. Good luck!!!

Cheers,
masti

Originally posted by iamconfused
I got NOF from DOL in April, 2003. My lawyer sent back reponse around mid June after doing required market retest. It's been two and half months since then and I have still not heard anything from DOL. I am so confused. I know DOL usually makes decision withing two weeks after they receive the response. What could be wrong with my case?

Anybody in the same boat? Is there any way for me or my lawyer to find out what is going on?

Thanks for your info.

Well not to dishearten you but my case got rejected after waiting for 3+ months after the NOF response. I know people who have been wainting for more than 6 months after the NOF response. Its very difficult to judge how DOL works.

Ask your lawyer to call them and see what comes through.
All the best

I completely agree with 4beegie. The good thing is that there was one case(posting) on this forum, which was in the same situation as mine, but got certified after a while.

Re: Seattle Queue in San Francisco

Are you sure the processing date for Seattle queue is June 2003? I assuming that if I work in Oregon, my case should be filed to Seattle queue.

Originally posted by milpride
Is there anyone who is in the seattle queue and following this thread? Apparently, applications from both Seattle region and California region are processed in San Francisco.

Please update if any one of your application got certified from Seattle DOL. Looks like, currently, they are processing the applications with PD in Jun 2003.
Or
If any one of you came across some information about seattle queue, i request you to share with me.

thanks in advance.

-milpride

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. check out this link:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

it shows that they are processing Jun2003 for Seattle region.

good luck.

Any luck on July 22nd cases yet ???

Hi All,
I don't see any update on my case so far. There is no RFE's NOF's nothing according to my HR manager. I have checked several cases moved to DOL on 07/22/2002 and there are some cases still in "RECEIVED" status.

Case # DOL REC. DOT STATUS
---------------------------------------------------------
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.151-032 RECEIVED
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.172-072 RECEIVED
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.172-072 RECEIVED
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.151-071 RECEIVED
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.151-031 RECEIVED
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.151-031 RECEIVED(My Employer case)
09528*** 07/22/2002 999.151-031 RECEIVED(My Employer case)

Guys, could you please post is there any NOF's for your(07/22) cases.

Thanks
eb2august01

4beegie

Hi 4beegie,

I am sorry that your case was denied. Could you post the details of your case such as EB category, job requirement, DOL receipt date, NOF reply date, and DOL decision date? I am too waiting for DOL response after replying to NOF two months ago. The thing is I cannot afford to be denied because I would have to wait for 6 months to refile. I might not get the H1 extension benefit then (case has to be pending for a year)

Thanks.

Re: Re: Seattle Queue in San Francisco

Originally posted by yvesliu
Are you sure the processing date for Seattle queue is June 2003? I assuming that if I work in Oregon, my case should be filed to Seattle queue.

The info at that web site is complete B@#$ S@#$
Couple of months ago they has Oregon RIR as Jan 2003!!
Now it is more accurate and shows April 2002.

So DO NOT trust the info on that web page. Go to links like
http://findit.emp.state.or.us/aliencert/processingdates.cfm
for Oregon.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.