California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ansarianas

ansarianas, case proves that they have really stopped remanding. They are either certifying or NOF.

ansarianas, can u give more info on the company. like where located, any layoffs history?.

Any update on this one...

Sel,
Any updates on the plan for the final guidance? It is kind of late August now, and you usually get the news at the speed of light

Mr. Carlson plans to travel back to California in mid-August to meet again
with the DOL Liaison working group and with Region VI officials. After this
meeting, Mr. Carlson plans to provide final guidance with respect to the
adjudication of high-tech RIRs.

titan 01

titan01,

company is located in Menlo Park (Bay area) CA
mid size company, As far as I know no Layoffs.

Also , I'll be going for CP(Bomaby, India) instead of 485

Re: titan 01

Is that true that if you go to your native country consulate instead of 485, that will be faster to get green card? Any danger of not getting your green card in the consulate? Can you come back if they refuse you?

Originally posted by ansarianas
titan01,

company is located in Menlo Park (Bay area) CA
mid size company, As far as I know no Layoffs.

Also , I'll be going for CP(Bomaby, India) instead of 485

Re: Re: titan 01

It is true that GC will be quicker by CP than 485. I have heard of cases in Chennai where they deny GC for no reasons and cancel any other previous visa you have on your passport. If they refuse you cannot come to US that easily though.
However if you have family members who are already in US and GC holder then they cannot refuse GC for you.

Best bet is 485 as they cannot throw you out of this country. They may delay it for which you can provide evidence, explaination and even appeal their decision. These are not possible when you do it from your native country.

Ravi

Originally posted by yvesliu
Is that true that if you go to your native country consulate instead of 485, that will be faster to get green card? Any danger of not getting your green card in the consulate? Can you come back if they refuse you?

Re: Re: Re: titan 01

Do you know how much faster it could be? Let's say, 485 takes 1 and half years. How about CP, half a year?

Originally posted by ravi_us
It is true that GC will be quicker by CP than 485. I have heard of cases in Chennai where they deny GC for no reasons and cancel any other previous visa you have on your passport. If they refuse you cannot come to US that easily though.
However if you have family members who are already in US and GC holder then they cannot refuse GC for you.

Best bet is 485 as they cannot throw you out of this country. They may delay it for which you can provide evidence, explaination and even appeal their decision. These are not possible when you do it from your native country.

Ravi

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-RIR

Lawyer got a letter from DOL that my LC application is being sent back to SESA to be processed as non-RIR. When she contacted DOL to confirm the same, she was informed that the appln is not being sent back but retained in DOL to be processed as non-RIR! The reason was due to 'some deficiency' which the officer was not willing to elaborate.
DOL is currently processing June 2002 in the non-RIR queue. My receipt date in DOL is Oct 2002. Bad news, but I guess it could have been worse. Hang on.
Details:
DOT code: 999 ...051, System Analyst, Location : Southern California, Some Layoffs.:eek:

AVM working

Guys - the AVM is working again now.

Lives7 - This is the first time I have heard of a case being changed to non-RIR and retained in DOL! Maybe that is an effect of the new DOL poilcy post July 16th. ALso, may we know your exact RD in Oct at DOL?

AVM has lot of Remanded to State from August 19th and August 20th. Are they remading to State again. Does anyone know.It's that's the case we are all scr....

Don't lose heart

Well, even though my case (RD 9/19) is auto remanded on 7/1. But my workmate's case (10/25) is certified on 8/12.
Same EB3, with DOT 999.151-031.

My company has two other cases(same dot) (RD 6/28) seem to get NOF, but also certified on 7/31 finally.

Company is mid-size SW company, in Bay Area, no layoff.

So to me, it is like I am just unlucky to fall in the auto remand policy window. To my company, the overall result is just fair, DOL is approving our RIR cases.

Now, my hope is DOL is considering remand case in non-rir queue not kick back to state to save my case back.

My lawyer just informs me wait till end of the month, saying DOL may reconsider my case.

So don't lose heart.

Re: Don't lose heart

Hi InLC,

Even though it was remended in July, your case is still kept by DOL instead of being sent back to state?

Thanks
markm

Originally posted by InLC
Well, even though my case (RD 9/19) is auto remanded on 7/1. But my workmate's case (10/25) is certified on 8/12.
Same EB3, with DOT 999.151-031.

My company has two other cases(same dot) (RD 6/28) seem to get NOF, but also certified on 7/31 finally.

Company is mid-size SW company, in Bay Area, no layoff.

So to me, it is like I am just unlucky to fall in the auto remand policy window. To my company, the overall result is just fair, DOL is approving our RIR cases.

Now, my hope is DOL is considering remand case in non-rir queue not kick back to state to save my case back.

My lawyer just informs me wait till end of the month, saying DOL may reconsider my case.

So don't lose heart.

Re: Re: certified!

Originally posted by venkatram
Hi,

Could you please tell me what the second NOF about
Thanks in advance

second NOF was about the merger of my current company with the old company..

remanded case

I don't know if my case stays with DOL or not. My lawyer didn't tell me, but he just keeps saying " It is totally unfair. So far, DOL says their decision is not appealable. Don't lose hope yet. We may still have a recourse. Let's wait for their decision which is due at the end of this month on how to handle this policy."

So folks, just hope for the best.

AVM Use

What is the employer tax id used in the AVM? Is it the same as what shows as Federal Employer ID on my W2? or is there soemthing else...

Anyway, I can search for my case by receipt date??

Any updates on 999.172-072?

Hi everybody, please share any updates on DOT code 999.172-072. My RD at CA DOL is March 13, 2003. I work for a large bay area company with layoffs. Pl. share any recent experiences so that we can figure out a trend for this DOT code. Well, yeah I know there is no pattern at DOL, its all chaos, but still more information is better.

Where do you find out what is your dot code? My lawyer/co does not share this info.. is there some website can tell your dot code based on your job description?

LC Got Approved

HI Guys

I just heard from my lawer that my LC got approved. My DOT code is 999.151-032 .One of my collegue's is also got approved along with mine.

Please do not loose hope.There is a light at the end of tunnel;)

Status
Not open for further replies.