California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Seattle Queue in San Francisco

Yes, I remember that time. But they only messed up with the year, the month was still correct. I think the table on DOL is relatively correct. :)

I have one question now. I work in Oregon, and I know my LC application went to San Francisco, but I do not have the receipt. (I do not know why that my lawyer does not want to give me that). So, I do not know my case will follow San Francisco queue or Seattle queue. If you have any input on this, please let me know.

Originally posted by navdod
The info at that web site is complete B@#$ S@#$
Couple of months ago they has Oregon RIR as Jan 2003!!
Now it is more accurate and shows April 2002.

So DO NOT trust the info on that web page. Go to links like
http://findit.emp.state.or.us/aliencert/processingdates.cfm
for Oregon.

Good luck

A mail from my attorney

I had asked my attorney about the remands and rejections and the highlights from his reply

- Over 16000 cases in California have been remanded or rejected

- Attorneys are furious with the Certifying officer and have complained to Washington DC DOL about this

- One of the partners of my attorney is involved in high-level talks to overturn this policy and it is still being discussed.

SFO DOL

My case was filed from SFO DOL in March 2001. Recently I came to know it was moved to federal level. I dont think I will get certified from SFO as they have huge backlog and many are getting rejected for NO REASONS.

I joined an employer based in Delaware and filed for labour in Dec 2002. Now my case is already in federal level - hoping that it will be certified soon. Its better to file from some other state or DOL region which does the labor quickly. No point in waiting for Certifying officer in SFO to help us. Those guys very well know us and come with some excuse to deny labour certification.
Look for employer who can file from Delaware, Illinois, etc which are moving faster and less rejection if any. My $0.02 advice.

Ravi

Any news about Nov 2002 cases??

Posting the same message again.....

CA DOL AVM says they are now processing Nov 2002 cases.
Does anyone have a latest news on what's going on with Nov2002 cases?

Any kind of update is really appreciated.

-WaitingInHell

Re: 4beegie

Originally posted by niceto5785
Hi 4beegie,

I am sorry that your case was denied. Could you post the details of your case such as EB category, job requirement, DOL receipt date, NOF reply date, and DOL decision date? I am too waiting for DOL response after replying to NOF two months ago. The thing is I cannot afford to be denied because I would have to wait for 6 months to refile. I might not get the H1 extension benefit then (case has to be pending for a year)

Thanks.

Here are the details-

EB2-RIR
DOT code 999.151.032
Large company
SESA Filled: June 2001
EDD received: March 2002
First NOF: Jan 2003
Lawyer reply: Feb 2003
Second NOF received: March 2003
Lawyer reply: April 2003
Denied: 25 July2003

I have an MS degree and the job required an Ms degree as well. Still it got denied. Its just crazy..

How to find status of a case?

Hi, My RD for the DOL is 10/6/2002. Now that they are processing 10/2002 cases, how do I find status of my case?

I saw an email addr - which keeps bouncing back and a phone number 415-975-4617.. I tried dialing this phone, but no one (not even a machine) answers..

Any ideas if I am doing something wrong? Or is there some specific times to call? or is there some website? Any help is most appreciated.. thx..

futurisbright,
can we know your DOT code? I have a feeling that some DOT codes like 999.151-051 are not being processed while others are.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seattle Queue in San Francisco

Originally posted by yvesliu
Yes, I remember that time. But they only messed up with the year, the month was still correct. I think the table on DOL is relatively correct. :)

I have one question now. I work in Oregon, and I know my LC application went to San Francisco, but I do not have the receipt. (I do not know why that my lawyer does not want to give me that). So, I do not know my case will follow San Francisco queue or Seattle queue. If you have any input on this, please let me know.

I posted a similar Q in this forum and the guru's seemed to think that our (I work in Oregon too) cases will be in the Seattle queue.

Could you post some details about your case (category, RD (when your lawyer said he filed your LC with OR-SWA), when you beleive it might have gone to SF DOL.. and so forth) please.

Thanks

Please start using signature

Hi all

Please start using signature like mine. Add useful information in 1 or 2 lines. This will give us all clear picture on where you stand.

I proposed it previously too but someone suggested to use amitgoel's lctracker. I don't mind using that too (my info is there too) but having signature is best (click user cp button on top right and add signature line)

Thanks for reading...
DesiPardesii

Last edited by a moderator:
Any new updates on the DOL's processing trend. I think they are processing Nov 2002 cases from Monday.

--Vortex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RD: 11/5/2002 Software Engg. Status Still Received

I do not have my DOT code - lawyer never gave me.. aparently they do not give it to us peons... FYI.. I am a Sr. product manager at a company here in the bay area...

DOL Last Update

I think this was already posted in this thread but just for new comers, here it is. Nothing really came after this update. If anybody has more please post.

I really dont know what will happen to the already remanded cases.

New Chief Travels to California to Resolve Issues
--------------------------------------------------------------

On July 16, 2003, Bill Carlson, the new Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, and Harry Sheinfeld, the Solicitor to the Employment Training Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor, traveled to California for a firsthand look at the situation and to evaluate the various interests involved in Region VI. The trip included a meeting with a group of American Immigration Lawyers Association members. The meeting resulted in the gathering of information on what was actually happening with LC and RIR applications and brainstorming on various approaches to avoid increasing SWA backlogs and delays under traditional recruitment methods.

Mr. Carlson and Mr. Sheinfeld expressed their goal of causing the least harm to employers who had relied on RIR processing guidelines in good faith at the time they filed their applications, while protecting U.S. workers and reviewing backlog reduction plans. As a result of their visit, Region VI has halted all automatic denials of RIR cases and remands to the local SWAs for regular processing, while DOL undertakes a policy review.

Originally posted by vortex
Any new updates on the DOL's processing trend. I think they are processing Nov 2002 cases from Monday.

--Vortex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RD: 11/5/2002 Software Engg. Status Still Received

Hi Beegie,

quote:
Originally posted by niceto5785
Hi 4beegie,

I am sorry that your case was denied. Could you post the details of your case such as EB category, job requirement, DOL receipt date, NOF reply date, and DOL decision date? I am too waiting for DOL response after replying to NOF two months ago. The thing is I cannot afford to be denied because I would have to wait for 6 months to refile. I might not get the H1 extension benefit then (case has to be pending for a year)

Thanks.

Here are the details-

EB2-RIR
DOT code 999.151.032
Large company
SESA Filled: June 2001
EDD received: March 2002
First NOF: Jan 2003
Lawyer reply: Feb 2003
Second NOF received: March 2003
Lawyer reply: April 2003
Denied: 25 July2003

I have an MS degree and the job required an Ms degree as well. Still it got denied. Its just crazy..

I am in the same boat as you were. I have masters and I got my first NOF.

Could you please tell me what exactly were they looking for in the first NOF and second NOF.

Thanks in advance

Re: certified!

Originally posted by disney2k
Checked AVM today:

EB2-RIR
DOT code 999.151.031
SESA Filled: July2001
EDD received: July2002
3-Option Received: May2003
Lawyer reply: June,2003
Second NOF received: July2003
Lawyer reply: July,2003
Certified: July2003

Few of my company's other cases (EDD PD: Sep & Oct 2002) got remanded.

Sooo.. there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

Frustrating long wait, but this thread kept my moral going....Thanks

Wish you guys all the best.

Hi,

Could you please tell me what the second NOF about
Thanks in advance

Certifieeeeeeeeeeed

EB3-RIR
DOT code 999.151.031
MID SIZE COMPANY

SESA Filled: 22nd OCT 2001
DOL received: 28th OCT 2002
Certified: 20 Aug 2003 (Date may be +,-1)

NO NOF FROM DOL .....DIRECTLY CERTIFIED.

I GUESS I AM THE LUCKY ONE, BECAUUSE DOL
RECEIVED TWO CASES FROM MY EMPLOYER ON SAME
DATE AND THE OTHER CASE GOT N.O.F WITH
THREE OPTIONS BUT MINE IS CERTIFIED WITHOUT
ANY NOF.

THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR SHARING INFORMATION
THAT REALLY HELPED ME A LOT FOR WAITING
AT ONE POINT I WAS THINKING THAT ITS GONNA
A TAKE FOREVER BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.......

:) :) :D

Receipt letter

My RIR application got forwarded to SF-DOL from SESA (EDD) on June 20, 2003.

My lawyer hasn't received a receipt letter from DOL. Anyone approved from SESA on that date, received the SF-DOL receipt letter?

Thanks

Runaway

Status
Not open for further replies.