California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
california_gc,

Its not impossible for DOL to give already remanded cases a second chance. I can think of lazyness as the only reason why DOL would not (want to) pull remanded cases back from SWA. I asked my lawyer if AILA-DOL dicsussions are featuring any proposals for already remanded cases. Her usual one liner reply was "These discussions have involved the cases that were already remanded"

RD: 9/12/02
Remanded: 7/9/03
DOT: 999.151-031

California_gc

It looks like that there will be an opportunity of "appeal" for most
of the auto-remanded cases.

The AMV is working strange now. I've tried several cases' numbers-AVM says-that case number cannot be located. The same with phone numbers.:confused:

AVM reply

They might be doing some maintenance on AVM work now. I think that it happens when they do updates the database or do some maintenance work. Just a thought.

Re: DOL Policies

Looks to me that the 151-031/151-032/172-072 cases are in a holding pattern, while other non-controversial cases are being certified... anybody reach similar conclusion?

Originally posted by Titan01
From the current dates it definitely looks like CA DOL is waiting for some thing. We saw the July to Oct beginning cases fly through the Remand status and suddenly the brake is on and they are crawling. I dont know whether it is good or not !.

Since it looks like the AILA communicated to the lawyers that some thing is gonna happen before this month end, I seriously hope they change things for good and also hope the already remanded cases be given a second chance.

Too many hopes .......

GC new bill

I heard there is going to be a new bill for greencard. Anyone meet two conditions will be able to apply GC WITHOUT LC:

1. working in US at least 2 years (including H1-B, L-1,TN, but not J-1,F-1)
2. Own 200k USD Property, business,etc.

Is it ture? Anyone have more info about it?

I think there is already a process for business owners - though I am not sure what is the investment level ($ terms) required (It is variable depending on the business location), but it requires that the business hire some local populace.

Originally posted by charlie2003
I got this info from a forum. There is no source. That is all I know.

Obvioursly the threshold for this bill is much lower:
You need only own USD 200k property, which means
a house.
For the existing Investment Immigration, you need
to invest $500k (some states are $1M ) and hire
some US people.

AVM

Has anybody been able to get their cases status on AVM today? Any idea what date they are processing? Have the moved beyond the 25 Oct cases?!?!?

AVM is not working today. If DOL has stopped auto-remanding IT related RIR cases then 'current processing date' will move slow. It's kinda good news. Have patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are changing the status to certified...just kidding man...trying to remove some gloom out of this forum...

Originally posted by DesiPardesii
AVM is not working today. If DOL has stopped auto-remanding IT related RIR cases then 'current processing date' will move slow. It's kinda good news. Have patience.

We can all start using Signature

Hi All
We can all start using Signature with vital informtation related to case as following (quoting profile of eb2august01):

SESA PRIORITY DATE: 08/28/2001
SESA TO DOL DATE: 07/15/2002
DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
DOT: 999.151-031
CASE: 0952****
SALARY OFFERED: 9*****
QUALIFICATION: MCA

By looking at this signature all other will know where you stand.
DesiPardesii

Does Our CA is region 6? or it is Chicago?

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dolupd080803.html

DOL Updates - 09/08/03

Problems in DOL Region VI has arisen with actions on pending Reduction in Recuritment (RIR) applications. Several discussions about RIR applications particularly those filed in mid-2001 are now being reviewed in Region VI and many of which are being returned to the State Offices as RIR denials for traditional recruitment. These discussions has focused on how these applications should be processed, the significance of the Ziegler memo and the standards that should be applied.

On July 16, 2003, Bill Carlson, the new Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, and Harry Sheinfeld, the DOL Solicitor, traveled to California for a first hand look at the situation and at the various interests involved. They gathered information on what was actually happening with these applications and to brainstorm on various approaches to processing that might avoid moving the applications into the State Office backlogs for traditional recruitment. There was sensitivity expressed to causing the least harm to the employers who relied on RIR processing guidelines in good faith at the time they filed their applications, while protecting U.S. workers and considering backlog reduction plans.

Region VI has now halted its remands to the state office, while DOL undertakes a policy review.

gp111 ,

I agree with you that signature is too long.
I just converted mine to take only one line. That will save space and we could see more messages in one page. I guess max it must take 2 lines. DOT code, RD, NOF received, replied, status are major information and can be put in 2 lines.

Also people should update excel file. The problem is that we don't have common location where we can put that file. One has to search all mails and see the last email where it's attached.

Soo, if we do both then we are fine. Let's hear from other members if they have any more suggestions.

DesiPardesii

Status
Not open for further replies.