California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from my attorney

AILA NorCal Members:

Bill Carlson, Chief of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification, U.S.
Department of Labor, informed AILA DOL Liaison today that he expects
to provide DOL Region VI with guidance on dealing with high-tech RIR
labor certifications by the end of August. Until recently, Region VI
had been remanding high-tech RIR applications filed in late 2001 to
the SWAs for regular labor certifaction processing. After meeting
with a DOL Liaison working group two weeks ago, Mr. Carlson agreed to
consider developing a new policy for handling these cases. Region VI
has stopped remanding RIRs while the national office considers the
formulation of a new policy.

Mr. Carlson plans to travel back to California in mid-August to meet again
with the DOL Liaison working group and with Region VI officials. After this
meeting, Mr. Carlson plans to provide final guidance with respect to the
adjudication of high-tech RIRs.

Basic questions

Hi,

I am a new comer here, and have some basic questions which I hope you gurus will be able to answer:

1. What is the DOT Code (e.g. 999-419-031 )
2. Is it the same as the SOC code. If not, what isit?
3. How and when can I find it?
4. I believe one can find out the status of all pending LC applications for one's employer. Can someone tell me how?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Basic questions

Yes DOT code and SOC codes are the same. You can find the codes at this place : www.bls.gov/oes/2001/oes_stru.htm

If you have your case number, you can call the AVM to find out your DOT code (the AVM will give the status and the DOT code).

Call the AVM @ (415) 975-4617 (You could use e-mail too, but that is currently out of service, instructions are in the previous page of this thread) and follow the instructions to get your individual as well as employer's case status.

Originally posted by worker_bee
Hi,

I am a new comer here, and have some basic questions which I hope you gurus will be able to answer:

1. What is the DOT Code (e.g. 999-419-031 )
2. Is it the same as the SOC code. If not, what isit?
3. How and when can I find it?
4. I believe one can find out the status of all pending LC applications for one's employer. Can someone tell me how?

Thanks in advance!

FAQ

Gp & other gurus,

How about maintaing a FAQ page so as to answer the commonly asked questions? Many of the questions are repeated time and again, so if we have a FAQ we could point the newbie's to that page?

FAQ sounds like a good idea

Thanks LCA_001 for your reply, and suggestion to have a FAQ.

I'm willing to help...is there any moderator for this kind of activity?

Btw, I looked at the site you mentioned. http://www.bls.gov/oes/2001/oes_stru.htm

This one shows code like xx-xxxx (e.g., 15-0000). How and where do I find a code like xxx-xxx-xxx ?

Sorry, these questions may sound very trivial to you guys there...

Re: FAQ sounds like a good idea

Just forget the first 3 numerals.
xxx-yyy-zzz (DOT code) maps to yy-yzzz (in SOC convention).

Originally posted by worker_bee
Thanks LCA_001 for your reply, and suggestion to have a FAQ.

I'm willing to help...is there any moderator for this kind of activity?

Btw, I looked at the site you mentioned. http://www.bls.gov/oes/2001/oes_stru.htm

This one shows code like xx-xxxx (e.g., 15-0000). How and where do I find a code like xxx-xxx-xxx ?

Sorry, these questions may sound very trivial to you guys there...

Certified

Just found out that my LC has been certified. Here are the details.

SESA Priority Date : 10/22/01
DOL Receipt Date : 10/25/02
Certified On: 08/07/03
DOT Code : 999-051-031
Pay rate: 9X,XXX.
8 Years of experience.

Very small consulting firm in Bay area. My company did get a query from SESA just before transfer to DOL, which was replied to accordingly. No NOF or query from DOL.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations 123_sam, can you please clarify does your job needed 8 years of experience ? Or you have 8 years experience.

congratulations to 123_sam

123_sam, congratulations for getting LC certified in this tough scenerio.

A quick question for you: Approx how many employees are in your company?

hara_kagaz
I have a bachelors in engg and masters in management from non US universities. The job, however requires bachelors degree only.

desipardesi
no of employees in the co ia around 15.

amg01
the DOT code is 999.051-031

Thxs for your prompt reply.
Pls let us know ur JOB DESCRIPTION if possible.

Thanks in advance fro ur reply.

amg01

Why it is still Oct

My Lawyer,
Wrote to some of my questions asked

this matter == remand issue

".....DOL headquarters has become involved in this matter and is expected to make an announcement before the end of this month. In the meantime, California's DOL Region has put a hold on remanding cases until the memo from headquarters is released."

My DOL Date : 12/27

Regards
Huz

Any luck on July 22nd cases yet ???

Hi All,
Is there any update on cases received before october 2002 and still pending cases with no RFE's...?
My case was received @DOL on 07/22/2002 and still it is in "RECEIVED" status. No RFE's so far.

Thanks

Best of luck to you all.
eb2august01

:confused:

DOL Policies

From the current dates it definitely looks like CA DOL is waiting for some thing. We saw the July to Oct beginning cases fly through the Remand status and suddenly the brake is on and they are crawling. I dont know whether it is good or not !.

Since it looks like the AILA communicated to the lawyers that some thing is gonna happen before this month end, I seriously hope they change things for good and also hope the already remanded cases be given a second chance.

Too many hopes .......

Re: DOL Policies

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, I don’t think they can or they will do anything for the already remanded cases. Mine was remanded too.

Life is tough...

Originally posted by Titan01
From the current dates it definitely looks like CA DOL is waiting for some thing. We saw the July to Oct beginning cases fly through the Remand status and suddenly the brake is on and they are crawling. I dont know whether it is good or not !.

Since it looks like the AILA communicated to the lawyers that some thing is gonna happen before this month end, I seriously hope they change things for good and also hope the already remanded cases be given a second chance.

Too many hopes .......

Status
Not open for further replies.