California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
4beegie,

I have about 2 1/4 yrs left on my H1. I am going to apply through multiple firms now. Not just wait and rely on one and yes, I will be looking at alternative occupations. I am going to talk to a restaurant owner and see if he can file my LC as a cook. You should be a specialty cook for that and I guess if you are not american then you are. You can cook dishes from your native country. If he agrees to it, I will file another LC through him as a cook. I will also be filing from Iowa. I am already talking to someone there who might just file my LC from there. I have a friend in California also whom I'm going to talk to and see if he can file an LC for me. He runs an insurance agency and they need computer guys. My company is also willing to re-file traditional LC from California or Texas. I am going to avail that option too. If, despite all these attempts, I still dont get it then to hell with America. I am going to move to Canada. I am a permanent resident of Canada. They probably will value my skills more than these American A$$H****.

Shadowhunter

Schattenjager
You are the MAN ... I wish all the best .See the policy is you got the GC or not .. How you got is different Question ..so Cool dude goahead With your options
Kishu

see if he can file an LC for me. He runs an insurance agency and they need computer guys. My company is also willing to re-file traditional LC from California or Texas. I am going to avail that option too. If, despite all these attempts, I still dont get it then to hell with America. I am going to move to Canada. I am a permanent resident of Canada. They probably will value my skills more than these American A$$H****.

Shadowhunter [/B][/QUOTE]

My Case got Certified !!!

I just called tone talker and found out that my case has been certified. I am very much happy to share this information with all you woderful people. Here are the details:

Received Date : 10/21/2002
Certified Date : 07/31/2003
Case No : 095335XX
DOT CODE : 999.151-031
Company Location : Bay Area with No Lay-offs at all
My Profile : MS with 10 Yrs of Exp.

Guys, I know its very frustrating but just be patient.

Thanks a lot !
Paul.

getting status

Has anyone else been able to get status from LCSTATUS09@ doleta.gov ?

The mail keeps getting bounced back when I try. It was working a couple weeks back.

Where can I get the phone numbers for the tone talker to check my status ?

Thanks.

Any luck on July 22nd cases yet ???

Hi All,
Is there any update on cases received before october 2002 and still pending cases with no RFE's...?
My case was received @DOL on 07/22/2002 and still it is in "RECEIVED" status. No RFE's so far.

Thanks

Best of luck to you all.
eb2august01

:confused:

to newuser123456 and others

newuser123456, try AVM/tone-talker at (415) 975 4617 with option#1.

InderPaul, congratulations! Based on your post I tried tone talker to get status of 095335XX cases. I found some 031 and 032 cases certified with RD of Oct 21. Some are still in Received Status. During this random test I didn't find any 031-032 remanded. That seems good news to me (fingers crossed).

Keep posting and keep this thread alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good options...
Does any one know how much time the complete processing of LC/I-140/485 takes from other faster states like Iowa, Delaware etc.
Is the LC processing only the hurdle in CA or it is going to be the same for all future steps also. Inputs will surely help everyone understand what is in store going ahead even after the LC gets cleared(just being postive :)).

Thanks

Originally posted by Schattenjager
4beegie,

Dont lose hope. Like others have suggested in this forum, find another firm which can file your labor in fast states e.g Iowa. If you are lucky enough to find someone, it shouldnt take more than 3-4 months to get the LC approved from there. You can file as a future employee with the intent that you will join the sponsoring firm after ur I-485 approval. Of course, you and the sponsoring firm can decide not to work together once your I-485 is pending for 6 months ;)

Shadowhunter.
:) :)

Anyone knows how bad Chicago Would be?

Guys

I am too hoping for some kind of miracle for the already remanded cases. Mine was remanded too ( once in Sep 2001 and now in July 2003 ).

I see lot of people taking about filing from IOWA. My company has a office in Chicago. Will be a wise step to go for LC through Chicago? Apparently my company seems to be willing to help.

Appreciate your repsonse.

hey Shadowhunter

Originally posted by Schattenjager
4beegie,

I have about 2 1/4 yrs left on my H1. I am going to apply through multiple firms now. Not just wait and rely on one and yes, I will be looking at alternative occupations. I am going to talk to a restaurant owner and see if he can file my LC as a cook. You should be a specialty cook for that and I guess if you are not american then you are. You can cook dishes from your native country. If he agrees to it, I will file another LC through him as a cook. I will also be filing from Iowa. I am already talking to someone there who might just file my LC from there. I have a friend in California also whom I'm going to talk to and see if he can file an LC for me. He runs an insurance agency and they need computer guys. My company is also willing to re-file traditional LC from California or Texas. I am going to avail that option too. If, despite all these attempts, I still dont get it then to hell with America. I am going to move to Canada. I am a permanent resident of Canada. They probably will value my skills more than these American A$$H****.

Shadowhunter

Pretty good man. You are tyring all the ends possible.
Hey u are thinking of applying as a cook through some restaurant here, how would that work? So you would say that u would be joining this retaurant as a cook after u get your 485 and keep on working as a software engineer till that time?
So for the LC filling as a cook you would mention your current status as an H1 for this computer firm and also about your education (MS in CS or other) and your work-ex. Wouldn't this be a problem as your education and experiece are in computers and u are applying for a Cook?
How does this work out.
Please let me know.

Thanks

Case Certified

Hi All,

Finally. Case certified. For those interested, here are the details

DOT Code: 999-419-031 (EB3)
Job Title: Sales Engineer

DOL NOF (3 letter Option) : 05-15-2003
Response Replied : 07-11-2003
Certified: 07-23-2003

Thanks for all the people in this forum. This is the best resource out there to get info.

I wish you all good luck

4beegie,

I am still researching various options that are available. I will let you know what my findings are soon. Based on the preliminary research that I have done, it seems like it is possible to file an LC as a cook even if you are working as a software engineer because it is for a future employment. However, like you pointed out, it might not convince DOL or BCIS. I am trying to investigate that aspect of the application. Hopefully, I should be able to get away with it. Will keep you posted.

Shadowhunter.

where to get the 8 digit case number?

Hey Guys,

I have a basic question about the case number. My company
doesn't allow us to contact the lawer directly, so I have to talk with the stupid woman of HR. She just provide me a 6 digit case number which is got when the LC appliation is filed at state and no more information is available. I don't even know what is my current stage now. So when and how can we get a 8 digit case number as you mentioned in your post?
Thanks for your help.

Pine

pineyan

When was labor Cert was filed at SWA (SESA), Was that RIR/Non RIR.. Based on your Priprity date you can assume your case is with SESA or DOL.. If PD has been passed by month or so it is safe to assume It is with DOL.. In this case you can call DOL AVM & Use Employer Phone number to track down all the cases filed by your company.. You might be able to guess your case based on your PD/Position/Salary etc.

DOL email is not working for last few days, If working, send email to LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov with No Subject & TAX ID # XX-XXXXX in content or Employer Phone # XXX XXX XXXX in content to find status of all cases filed by employer

my priority date is Dec 2001

Hi gp111,

I am so glad for you kindly reply. My case was filed on December 2001 with RIR and I heard that it has been sent to DOL, but detailed information is unknow. The applications of many friends filed before me are remanded back to state... From your reply it seems that the 8 digit case number can not be get directly and I must guess from the DOL feedback, is that right? Let me call them tomorrow and see what has happened.
Sigh, a sad season for all of us.

Pine

to kab_ayega_gc

kab_ayega_gc,
My RD is Dec 2002 for CA but I work in Minnesota (chicago region).
Because of all this Auto-Remand thing going on, last week I contacted my employer and Lawyer. Lawyer suggested that I should go for new LC filing from MN-Chicago. As per lawyer its good idea to start as soon as possible and will take 6-9 months to clear.

I'm waiting for results to my case. If remanded I will go for new LC from minnesota. So yes, its good idea to start new LC asap from any of these fast states before they turn slow/dead.

-DesiPardesi

No SOC code

Hi,
I just got the information from the lawyer that my labor application (Filed in 07/01/2002 under RIR in Calif) has been forwarded to DOL. When I asked for the SOC occupation code, he said that we don't get it untill it is approved by the DOL. Is that correct?
As I understand the code is assigned by the SESA office while forwarding it to the regional DOL. Is it not so?

thank you for your time.

Re: my priority date is Dec 2001

Pine,

Mine was also filed on Dec 18th 2001 and my DOL priority date is Nov 20th 2002 so I assume your DOL priority date is sometime in or around Nov 2002. Ask your HR to contact your lawyer and get the DOL case number it starts with 09*** it's a 8 digit number. Does your lawyer have a webiste for his clients to check their status online?? Try to find out!! Then you can by-pass your HR (I hate these HR guys, man!).

As we "may" fall in the same month with a couple of days here and there...if something happens to my case I will let you know (I think the same would happen to your case as well??).
Hope this info will help you.

Best of luck
-WaitingInHell :cool:

Originally posted by pineyan
Hi gp111,

I am so glad for you kindly reply. My case was filed on December 2001 with RIR and I heard that it has been sent to DOL, but detailed information is unknow. The applications of many friends filed before me are remanded back to state... From your reply it seems that the 8 digit case number can not be get directly and I must guess from the DOL feedback, is that right? Let me call them tomorrow and see what has happened.
Sigh, a sad season for all of us.

Pine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.