California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
kmd7186,

I did not see the DOL reply either. My company's lawyer did not give that to me (or maybe we did not get one). I look up my case number directly in AVM using my employer's phone number.

AVM
(415) 975-4617

desi145

hi desi145,

Thanks for the info. That seems to be what everyone is saying. 1-2 weeks after the reply, you get certified. I don't know what happened to my case... :(

Re: desi145

Hi niceto5785,

Same with my case. We sent our retest results on June 9 and no response yet. I know there is atleast 1 more guy in this forum who is in a similar situation.

However, 3 other cases from company which were sent back with retest results on June 9 got approved with 2 weeks. Never underestimate the RANDOMNESS of DOL :confused:

Cheers,
masti

Originally posted by niceto5785
hi desi145,

Thanks for the info. That seems to be what everyone is saying. 1-2 weeks after the reply, you get certified. I don't know what happened to my case... :(

masti25

Hi masti25,

Thanks for sharing the info with me. It is good to know that I am not alone in this boat although I hate to see anyone going through what we have to go through.

Do you know when was your deadline to reply to DOL? Mine was sent on the deadline day because my lawyer said it is a postmark deadline. I am afradi that is the problem! My theory is that the adjucator looked at the cases on their deadline, and if the reply was received after the deadline, they may not get looked at again or at least not as quickly.

Hi niceto5785

My retest results were sent a week before the deadline. Lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
masti

Remanded to state

I checked the AVM today and the news was not good. Here is my info

Case # : 0953xxxx
DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
Received Regional Office: 10/08/2002
Remanded to state on 07/23/2003

Originally posted by lovy
Hi,
Any idea about the dates that are being processed by DOL now?
Thanks.

Re: Remanded to state

Hi J1M,
I am very much sorry about this. Is there any one who can check
about the massive remands this week?
Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by j1m
I checked the AVM today and the news was not good. Here is my info

Case # : 0953xxxx
DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
Received Regional Office: 10/08/2002
Remanded to state on 07/23/2003

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that dont rely totally on AVM. My AVM still says received status.
So, letter from DOL in hand is the real answer. ( neither email nor AVM. )

Re-Process or Re-Ramand!!!

Originally posted by The-Dude
I seriously doubt that DOL will deny all the LC cases in California, there are too many H-1 holders in California for them to do that. This government got huge amount of donations from the big companies, it can't just turn around and screw them up. That's why they didn't deny all the cases in the first place. But, it's just my opinion.

What I understand is that to deny any case (both RIR and NON-RIR), they must show one or more
specific deficiency for the case. It's their burden(work?) to find deficiency. And if they find any, then
they may either issue NOF which would mostly be rebutted, Or deny the case altogether which may be
challenged (appealed) at the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BACLA).

For those mass remanded cases , problem for DOL is to find (or try to find) any specific deficiency, address or try to adders the rebuttals or attend BACLA trial - all of which involves time and work. So they resorted to mass remand (not deny) reasoning only about bad economy, job loss etc. Thus avoiding rebuttal and mass appeals.

If eventually re-processed, rather actually processed, there is good chance to get certified for those auto-remanded cases. Correct me if I am wrong.

All my employer's cases were RIR and have been remanded. PD Sept. RD at DOL between Aug' and Sep. IT and all were ..31 dot codes. Does anybody has any idea about equivalent NON-RIR cases during the same time? Have they started processing them. I suppose NON-RIR cases cannot be remanded. So will/did they deny them out rightly?:confused:

kmd7186

Your PD was NOV 2002 & you got transmittal notice from state SESA in Dec 2002 ????? Which SESA did you applied ? California SESA is currently processing Sept 2002... so was really wondering how your case was transfered to DOL in one month of PD

Hi gp,
Sorry my mistake my PD was not Nov 2002, the case was transferred to DOL on Nov 26 2002.I confused it to be my PD.
With the help of your guys I used the AVM to check my status using my employers phonenumber. It is in received status.
Thanks Guys,
Kmd7186

Hi,

I was following this thread for a longtime.Like everyone going thru' the tough phase of Labour clearnce.My case is turning out to be peculiar.The RD at SFO DOL in my case as per AVM is Aug 12,2002 ,I got NOF in Feb 10,2003 and the attorney replied by Feb 24,2003 ,after that till date I keep hearing that NOF rebuttal has been received .My DOT code is 999.151-032 ,there were layoffs about a year back in the company.Is there anyone facing similiar situation ?.

Thanks

Kris

Update on my case

My RD at DOL was 05/23/2002 with 999.151-041 DOT code. I received a letter from DOL on April 29th that said that my case was sent back to the EDD in non-RIR queue. My lawyer then contacted DOL and they later revised the letter and sent the revised letter on May 9th saying that it's not in the non-RIR queue. However, it was sent back to the EDD and EDD would send us an Assessment Notice, which we have to reply within 45 days. The assessment notice from EDD gave us 4 choices:

1. Submit additional recruitment documentation/information for the 6-month period prior to the Local Office Priority Date,
2. Request that the application be forwarded to the DOL as is,
3. Request to recruit through the regular process under EDD guidance,
4. Withdraw the application.

We chose #1 and just submitted the additional document that EDD demanded.
- Has anyone had similar situation?
- Does anybody know how long it will take the EDD to transfer the case to the DOL and how long it will take DOL to process it?

According to the lawyer, the case will retain the same EDD RD.
I'm totally confused at this moment, as my lawyer does not know much about this process.

45 days

I just saw some posts in the Missouri thread and it said some thing similar to 45 days. What is this new information?. So is this a quasi RIR/NON-RIR status. Can the previous post person please let us know more about the part of lawyer talking to DOL and revising the letter.

The case is still considered a RIR case. I don't know the detail of the lawyer's conversation. He told me that he made them understand that this job required special skills and couldn’t be placed in the non-RIR queue.

Check out this post in the "labor certification in California due to 245i..." http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=543796#post543796 . Talks about assesment pulling... I hope this is not the same, otherwise, it will still be the non-rir queue, unless they have another queue for the remanded applications which could be processed faster than the non-rir queue.

Originally posted by cadolslow
The case is still considered a RIR case. I don't know the detail of the lawyer's conversation. He told me that he made them understand that this job required special skills and couldn’t be placed in the non-RIR queue.

I believe recruitment pulling means applications remanded from DOL. Look at the date it says 03-28-2003, if that is the case EDD might be processing those applications separately.... hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.