California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good news?

Hi,
Any latest certifications/remands? Please post the complete details if you have any good news.
Thanks and all the best.

I got approval letter

Hi All,
My LC just got approved.
Here is my info...
DOL RD -- 7/10/2002
Received NOF with 3-option -- 5/2003
Replied and received approval just today.

Thanks to my employer, my attorney. Both are pretty good. We are 200+ employees company in Bay area. Still hiring. In fact, we hire 3-4 people almost every month.

Thanks to this thread! It has been wonderful to get current trends and latest information.

I have one question to gurus ( particularly gp111, AnaLC)..

Which one do you suggest, CP or AOS? I falls into mumbai consulate area. and I am already on 7th year extension.

Thanks,
Desi145

Is this a Rumour?????

I heard that EDD (SESA) in California is objecting to DOL's remand-to-state attitude as its creating more and more work for them? I heard they are asking DOL that we have already done our job of processing and evaluating the application so now do whatever you want but remand to us?

And the person who told me also said that DOL is not remanding to state anymmore? If this is true then we ( those who got remanded without any options ) are so unfortunate.

Has any one heard about this? I think the person who told me this does not know what he is talking about. Just wanted to verify.

Kab_ayega

Re: Is this a Rumour?????

Did he say anything about the already remanded cases ?

Originally posted by kab_ayega_gc
I heard that EDD (SESA) in California is objecting to DOL's remand-to-state attitude as its creating more and more work for them? I heard they are asking DOL that we have already done our job of processing and evaluating the application so now do whatever you want but remand to us?

And the person who told me also said that DOL is not remanding to state anymmore? If this is true then we ( those who got remanded without any options ) are so unfortunate.

Has any one heard about this? I think the person who told me this does not know what he is talking about. Just wanted to verify.

Kab_ayega

Hi,

We are not sure about the sanity of this news. We hope this shall be true.
Any dates from AVM today? Any good news please ?
my PD at DOL is 10/07/2002.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any official information, but I checked AVM system for around 100 cases and I did not find massive remands after 10/07/02. Several of oct.7 cases were certified, a lot were remanded and some still in received status. So, I think Dol is waiting for something, because late "remanded" case dated July 22. I'm going to repeat that procedure on next weekend and I would post any changes.
I did not find a lot certified IT cases dated after 10/07/02 either.

:confused:

Hi Sel,

Thanks for the information.
All the best.
Originally posted by sel
I don't have any official information, but I checked AVM system for around 100 cases and I did not find massive remands after 10/07/02. Several of oct.7 cases were certified, a lot were remanded and some still in received status. So, I think Dol is waiting for something, because late "remanded" case dated July 22. I'm going to repeat that procedure on next weekend and I would post any changes.

congratulations

congratulations, desi145. Do you know your reply was sent to DOL? Mine was sent to DOL at the end of June and I have not heard back from DOL :(

Hi niceto5785,
Mine was sent around 14th July. It took around 2 weeks to get approval after replying to NOFs. In fact 5 of my company employees got NOFs, everyone got approved within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks,
Desi

What is your field of work?

What is your field of work? Electrical Engineering??
Originally posted by sel

Help: Case number not found

Hi Guys,
When i call the AVM system, i get a message that my case number (142 XXX) is not found.Does the system only keeps the information of the current month cases only?. Or is something wrong with my case.
Thanks,
Kmd7186

Help: Case number not found

Hi Guys,
When i call the AVM system, i get a message that my case number (142 XXX) is not found.Does the system only keeps the information of the current month cases only?. Or is something wrong with my case.
Thanks,
Kmd7186

Re: Hi,

Don't be happy about EDD not wanting remanded cases. It increases the probability of DOL simply denying your case - this is worse than being remanded!

Originally posted by lovy
We are not sure about the sanity of this news. We hope this shall be true.
Any dates from AVM today? Any good news please ?
my PD at DOL is 10/07/2002.
Thanks.

I seriously doubt that DOL will deny all the LC cases in California, there are too many H-1 holders in California for them to do that. This government got huge amount of donations from the big companies, it can't just turn around and screw them up. That's why they didn't deny all the cases in the first place. But, it's just my opinion.

Don't be happy about EDD not wanting remanded cases. It increases the probability of DOL simply denying your case - this is worse than being remanded!

kmd7186

142XXX can't be DOL case number.. It looks like SWA case number.. Check your DOL receipt letter for case number, or else use employer phone number to check status.

Thanks gp.Do we get a letter from DOL with our case number or the lawyer gets the letter with the case number?
From the lawyer i got the transmittal notice with the date and SWA case number .
Thanks a lot,
kmd7186

Kmd,

When did you start the process?, The DOL gets it only after SESA clears the application and forwards it to the DOL, which is when the AVM would have details of your case. If you started the GC process just recently, then it is more likely that you are in the SESA stage rather than DOL, and you need to wait for probably around a year before DOL gets your application (provided you applied under RIR)

Originally posted by kmd7186
Thanks gp.Do we get a letter from DOL with our case number or the lawyer gets the letter with the case number?
From the lawyer i got the transmittal notice with the date and SWA case number .
Thanks a lot,
kmd7186

My proirity date is November 26 2002.I applied under RIR.I got a transmittal notice from state SESA that they sent the case to DOL.
My question is in which document i will find the DOL case number.
Thanks,
Krishna

kmd7186,

If your PD is Nov., 2002, then you probably just got the transmittal notice from EDD. It could take a while (maybe a month?) for you to get reply from DOL or for your case to show up on AVM.

Iam sorry if i confused you guys.I got the transmittal notice in december 2002.But after that i didnt get any document from DOL.
Should DOL send a document to me with my case number?
Thanks,
Kmd7186

Status
Not open for further replies.