California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: DOL got approved 4 days back

NeedLuck4GC,

Ya, His lawyer called him up on 22nd July and told him that his DOL got approved on 21st July. What happend to cases before Oct 17th 2002?? I don't know...even I am wondering what order they follow. They don't have fixed rules or criteria to approve cases. Rules are changed on a dialy basis...sometime on an hourly basis. My local municipal corporation back in India works better than this :D

Anyway, lets wait and see...for the American dream to come true :confused:

-WaitingInHell

Originally posted by needluck4GC
WaitingInHell,

Thanx for the information.

If I don't remember wrong, DOL-AILA's meeting held on July 16, do you mean your friend got approval sometime aroung July 20?
Humm..that's kinda good to know ppl got approved. But, what makes me confused is DOL seems not working strictly by RD dates(though they insist they do) cuz there are still lots of cases pending b4 your friend's RD date.

Approval Pattern

This is really weird that people after Oct 8 pd are getting approved (Good for them though) and before got doomed. I dont know why DOL is playing with our lifes. Hope they do some thing about the already Remanded to state cases.

Btw my case date is Oct 2 and Remand to State. (Luck definitely plays a big part in this LC game !)

Waiting time

I was just checking how long does a person need to wait till that person gets the green card

You need six months of advertising
You need twelve months in SESA
You need twelve months in DOL
You need twenty months between I-140 and I-485
Total = more than four years!

I remember back in the old days, a friend of mine was able to get the whole thing done in less than a year.

Still waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting

gp111

Could you tell me which states are relatively easy to get through.
I am reassessing my situation at the moment.
Is it really possible to get the whole process through in 1 year?

spicensour
Go for a combo like IOWA SESA -CHICAGO DOL Combo which takes about 5-7 months for Labor & I-140/I-485 from Nebraska. End of the year you will have EAD & Flexibility to change job with AC-22.. Plastic card will take some time but atleast you are out of H1 catch

GP111

Does DOL allow this kind of situation?, to have a labor filed in one state and to file another labor in another state. I talked to my company about this but getting some policy and legality issues as response. Is it really valid?.

Titan01

LC is for future employment, so there is no problem if one has filed LCs in different states. So if company has filed labor in two different states for the same person it is legal for sure, only thing is company should have office in the state where they are filing... Also I-140/I-485 should be filed for the certifying state only, After 6 months of I-485 AC-22 (Portabality) can be used to move the application to original state.

Question

I've heard of the AC 21 before. I am confused about what it means. If you file you I-485
1-When can I change my job?
2-What if I get laid off, what will happen?

runaway73

AC21(Portabality) can be used to change jobs after 180 days of I-485 Receipt date. New Job Position / Profile & Experience requirement should be same as your original Labor Certificate.

IF You can register company & start working on your self with the same profile after you get laid off.. Contacting attorney is the best idea to find out exact procedure.

Pepole have got their LC sitting home also after laidoff & if Company has not informed INS.. I don't know how much legal it is..

gp111,

Are you sure that we can move to a different state -- maybe different jobs in the same area, but different state?? Seems to me like a big loophole, everybody can move out of CA (for for 6 months when 485 is filed) - or maybe not even that, because GC states that you need to be at the petitioned position once you get the GC. So one can file the petition in places where it is easy to get certified and then use AC-21 clause to move the final processing to CA. That way you dont even have to move out of CA, and yet get the GC in record time. Oh! well, at least the EAD, plastic might be a while away.

Originally posted by gp111
Titan01

LC is for future employment, so there is no problem if one has filed LCs in different states. So if company has filed labor in two different states for the same person it is legal for sure, only thing is company should have office in the state where they are filing... Also I-140/I-485 should be filed for the certifying state only, After 6 months of I-485 AC-22 (Portabality) can be used to move the application to original state.

lca_001

AC-21 can be used for changing Jobs after 6 months of I-485. New Job should be exactly same profile/experience requirement as your approved LC. Change of state does not matter. .. It's not a loop hole. It is a facility extended to immigrants by BCIS because I-485 is taking long long time.

Yes you do not need to physically move but on papers..

Need some expert advice

My LC is with DOL 140 XXXXX do not understand which category this belongs to... cannot find a category starting with 140... can you guys throw some light.. My date is coming close Nov 2002 with DOL... hoping for the miracle like many of you...

4Dharma
140 XXXXX looks more like DOT Case Number nor DOT code. DOT number is the one indicative of your JOB CATEGORY not the Case Number.. Look for DOT code in your receipt, or call AVM & use your case number to check your status - you will get DOT number there.

Consulting Company Contacts/Names???

Hello folks,

I have been following this thread from the past few months. Very very informative. gp111, t3k e.t.c....thanx guys for being so active and helpful to people.

My DOL PD is Dec'2002. I am permanent employee (not a contractor) working for small company (no layoffs) in bay area , seeing the trend, I have no doubt that mine would be remanded to state too!

I would really like to apply from another state. Since, my company has no branches in any other states, the only option left for me is to apply through some consulting companies that can just do GC for me. I am willing to shell out money for this and very much ready to work for the consulting company after the GC.

Anybody who were/are in similar boat and sailed through, can you please let me know the details. Rest, please suggest!!

Regards,
srk77

Clarification needed

Guys,
I dont know if this is a stupid question to ask but I need clarification. I have applied for my LC from CA and its about two years now. My LC application is now with DOL. MY PD is July 23 2001. I still havent heard anything from DOL. The AVM asks for the case number and on giving the case number, it asks again for the case number.

I am now working in Georgia State.

Anyway, my questions to you all are

1. Can I continue my GC process with a different company or on my own after my LC gets approved?

2. Can I apply for I-140 and I-485 with the LC from CA?

Thanks
Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.