California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your PD please

t3k,
Congratulations!!
You mentioned your PD as Oct 2002, could you give me the exact date in Oct 2002 as well?
Thanks,
-WaitingInHell

Originally posted by toy3kin192
The email system doesn't work any more, so I won't be able to generate another snapshot.
About the job requirement, I think it's BS + 5 years of experience.
Good luck to you all,
t3k

DOL number

Hello all,

There was a NOF against my case in May and we sent the retest results to DOL on June 9. I haven't heard anything regarding my case from DOL yet.

The surprising element is that 3 other cases from my company have been sent back to DOL with retest results on the same day and within a week all the cases have been certified. Nothing regarding my case though.

Is there a procedure to check what is happening with my case? Can I call DOL and if so at what number?

I really appreciate any assistance and thanks in advance,
masti

Remanded to State!

Just checked with the AVM that my case has been remanded to the state
This means DOL has not changed its policy as some of us are guessing.

Here r my details:
DOT Code : 999.151-031
Received Regional Office: 10/04/2002
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 10/04/2002. Remanded to state on July 17th

What next? I saw someone saying it takes 3 more years now for SESA to look at this case. I really do not want to believe this fact.

Can anybody else throw any realistic details.

Desi_in_BayArea

toy3kin192

Congratulations Buddy & Wish you good luck in your journey towards the plastic card.

You were very good in providing the Stats / Snapshot. We will really appreciate if you passon the "HOW TO" infomation / Script to somebody else in the thread.

Congrats again.

Re: Remanded to State!

Your case got remaded on July 17th. And DOL Meeting happened
on July 16th. It is quite possible that CO did not had the
chance by then to update their employees of the new policy or
they just did not have the new policy by then.

This is just my view and I'm trying to be optimistic in this
rather pessimistic atmosphere.

Originally posted by desi_in_bayarea
Just checked with the AVM that my case has been remanded to the state
This means DOL has not changed its policy as some of us are guessing.

Here r my details:
Received Regional Office: 10/04/2002
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 10/04/2002. Remanded to state on July 17th

What next? I saw someone saying it takes 3 more years now for SESA to look at this case. I really do not want to believe this fact.

Can anybody else throw any realistic details.

Desi_in_BayArea

to Masti25

Hi Masti25,

I'm in the similar situation. My lawyer submitted the NOF reply to DOL in mid June, no response from DOL so far. Recall that there's one poor guy in this forum posted that he/she had been waiting for half a year to get that response because the certifying officer took a long leave of absence. I guess the similar thing happens to our cases. Either the officer is take vacation or leave of absence. Hope that won't be too long.

Would you mind to post your RD and DOT code? My RD is 5/20/2002 and the DOT code is 999.151-032.

Hi All,

PLease visit following link, these people are part of Immigration, Border Security and Claims Committee. I guess we can write then an email, each one of us and we can also call them......on the same site there is format and guide line for when you writing an email and talking on the phone with the congress man.
Is this something we should do it? At lest we can contact then, I know I am going to do that .
Thanks

http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/officia...=S&print=no&fcommittee=hjudi&committee=hjudi4

What is AVM

Since DOL e-mail system does not work anymore. Can anyone here please explain what AVM is? And how to use it? Sounds like you can check your status from that.

Re what is AVM

AVM is automatic voice machine, I guess. The phone number you have to call is 415-975-4617. Then just follow the voice instructions. First you have to press 1 for the permanent application, then press 1 if you know your case number or 2 if only know your employer's phone number... Just try yourself, it's easy to check the status from there.

Joining this thread

Just found out about this thread, and read through the postings (took me a long whie)...

Some info about me:

Current case:
DOT Code: 999.151-031
PD: some time in April, 2002
RD @ DOL: 4/28, 2003
RIR

This is my third case.

My first case is Outstanding Researcher (I have a Ph.D. degree) which got denied by then INS in late 1999 due to the small size of the company. The explaination given by INS is that to qualified for Outstanding Researcher, the employer must have a R&D department with a least 3 full-time researchers and routinely publish papers in well-known research journals.

My second case is with a .com, and has gone through RIR LC and I-140. Unfortunately, the company went broke before I have a chance to fiile I-485.

Good luck to everyone, since luck is the most important factor in this game.

Re: to Masti25

Hi heha,

Yes, I saw the post of the individual. My RD date is 05/28/2002 and DOT code is 999.151-031.

Heha... I am trying to see if there is a number where the employer or the lawyer (or may be even me) can reach someone at DOL regarding my case. Do you have any such information? Alrite, keep in touch and lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
masti

Originally posted by heha
Hi Masti25,

I'm in the similar situation. My lawyer submitted the NOF reply to DOL in mid June, no response from DOL so far. Recall that there's one poor guy in this forum posted that he/she had been waiting for half a year to get that response because the certifying officer took a long leave of absence. I guess the similar thing happens to our cases. Either the officer is take vacation or leave of absence. Hope that won't be too long.

Would you mind to post your RD and DOT code? My RD is 5/20/2002 and the DOT code is 999.151-032.

Re: Re: to Masti25

You can definetly ask for the status, but only if your RD at DOL is > 45 days of current official processing date. You need to send a written request with a copy of your SESA -> DOL transmission receipt.

Thanks,
Hassan

Originally posted by masti25
Hi heha,

Yes, I saw the post of the individual. My RD date is 05/28/2002 and DOT code is 999.151-031.

Heha... I am trying to see if there is a number where the employer or the lawyer (or may be even me) can reach someone at DOL regarding my case. Do you have any such information? Alrite, keep in touch and lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
masti

Re: Re: Remanded to State!

FYI, another case from my company got remanded to state on July 18th. So I am not sure of being the victim at the border!

Also, my lawyer informed me today that there is no decision on the AILA/DOL meeting yet. But there might be some major revamp of the procedures for PERM in Jan 2004 which might bring the time to process PERM LC to less than a month but that would make the eligibility much stricter. As per the lawyer, with the current procedure SESA will take 4+ years to look at my case. What a Joke!

Originally posted by gcwaitinfi
Your case got remaded on July 17th. And DOL Meeting happened
on July 16th. It is quite possible that CO did not had the
chance by then to update their employees of the new policy or
they just did not have the new policy by then.

This is just my view and I'm trying to be optimistic in this
rather pessimistic atmosphere.

toy3kin192

Hi toy3kin192,

I have sent you a private message yesterday; I don't know how often you check your private message so I just to post here to let you know.

Thanks!

My friends LCA got remanded to state.

I work for an online auction company based out of San Jose. We haven't laid off any people, infact we are actively hiring new people. Company size is about 4500 and hiring over 100 people every month.

Still my friend's LCA got rejected. :(

Fortunately, my LCS got approved last month (17th June).

For those who might be interested in the details:
Employer : ****
Address : *****. SAN JOSE, CA 95125
Case # : *******
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Applications
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $***000.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 05/14/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 06/17/2003.

This is the email my friend recieved from the lawyer:

Hi *****,

I wanted to give you an update on your LC case. I just received notice from
the DOL today that they are requiring supervised recruitment for your LC
case. The DOL's position (for any computer related position) is that there
are available US workers who can fill the position.

This means that the case is being sent back to the EDD for further
processing. We have spoken with a DOL officer and have been advised that all
engineering and computer related positions are being sent back to the EDD so
that there can be a "test of the current labor market". Obviously, many
people will be impacted by this decision. The fact that the unemployment
rate in the SJ area is high doesn't help.

I'll continue to keep you advised of any developments. If you have any questions, please give me a call at your convenience and we can discuss.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Remanded to State!

It's good to have new revamps at the DOL but I don't want to go through the process of doing another application with my employer knowing the fact that I have to re-advertise and do all that crap again.

What will happen to current applications if the PERM thing goes through. Does it all get thrown away and we have to redo the whole process again!!

Originally posted by desi_in_bayarea
FYI, another case from my company got remanded to state on July 18th. So I am not sure of being the victim at the border!

Also, my lawyer informed me today that there is no decision on the AILA/DOL meeting yet. But there might be some major revamp of the procedures for PERM in Jan 2004 which might bring the time to process PERM LC to less than a month but that would make the eligibility much stricter. As per the lawyer, with the current procedure SESA will take 4+ years to look at my case. What a Joke!

Have you been in the queue for long? I think the oes_stru.htm gives the latest DOT code, I saw some cases having number which does not match the ones in this list, and mostly those cases were the ones filed in 2000 or before.

I dont think the numbers are strictly in the order received (though mostly they are), because I have seen some cases which are way out of wack compared to the cases around it.

Originally posted by yvesliu
I just checked AVM. What DOL code 030.062-010 means? I can't find that in http://www.bls.gov/oes/2001/oes_stru.htm

Also, does case number mean the sequence of receiving date? For example, case 00000001 should be received after 0000000?

I tried to do some statistic by AVM means and found out that several cases were remanded to SWA as long as July 22. Therefore, I don't think that new policy was implemented.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.