California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any luck on July 22nd cases yet ???

Hi All,
Is there any luck on cases received @DOL on 07/22/2002 ?
Mine was received @DOL on 07/22/2002 and still it is in RECEIVED status. No RFE's so far.

Best of Luck

Thanks
eb2august01
SESA FILING DATE: 08/28/2001
SESA TO DOL : 07/15/2002
DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
DOT: 999.151-031
:confused:

hi eb2august01,

It looks like you applied for LC from washington , which i think goes to SFO DOL for certification.

If we look at gov website it states that the applications from washington, idaho, oregon and alaska will go to Seattle Regional office (which i think is physically located in SFO) for DOL processing.

But i got a letter from SFO DOL couple of days back that it received my case from SWA, even though i applied from idaho state.

So, should we follow with the Seattle RO processing times or the one for SFO regional office ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi milpride

Hi milpride,
My labour application had field with California SESA and moved to SFO DOL on 22nd July 2002( not in Washington state). I am working as a consultant in Vancouver, Washington, but my employer is located in Cerritos, CA.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
eb2august01

Hi milpride,

Currently there are different processing times/queues for Seattle and SFO region applications in the SFO avm, so I believe you should be following Seattle queue.

Originally posted by milpride
hi eb2august01,

It looks like you applied for LC from washington , which i think goes to SFO DOL for certification.

If we look at gov website it states that the applications from washington, idaho, oregon and alaska will go to Seattle Regional office (which i think is physically located in SFO) for DOL processing.

But i got a letter from SFO DOL couple of days back that it received my case from SWA, even though i applied from idaho state.

So, should we follow with the Seattle RO processing times or the one for SFO regional office ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Don't think that the policy has changed

I have seen one of my company's cases being remanded on 25th of this month (with DOL RD of October 8th). So, I don't think that the auto remand policy has changed.

logicators

processing times ?

Does anyone know what date the DOL is currently processing ? It seems like they have been stuck on Oct 8th for a few days now ?
thanks

eb2dec,

I believe DOL is currently processing cases received around Oct. 15th and 17th. I heard from AVM yesterday that some cases received around these 2 days have been certified on July 28th and 29th.

Hi lca_001

Thanks for your response. If i understood correctly, eventhough i got a receipt letter from SFO DOL, my case will be processed based on Seattle queue/processing times, because my SESA clearance is from Idaho state.

Please let me know if you do not concur with this.

Thanks again.

Hi Vortex,

I didn't try many cases, I just randomly punched some case numbers. As far as I heard, most of them are non-IT cases. However, I got an impression that besides DOT code 151-XXX, some IT cases such as DOT code 172-XXX are certified as well. This is just a little research I did, so I can't say how accurate it is. You can try to check on AVM and share the information you get with us.

--needluck4GC

Hi ,
I checked around 30/35 case numbers on random (in and around my case number) and majority of the case with DOT code 999-151-031,999-231-011 ,999-172-112,999-151-032 are in certified or received status with status updated on July29th 2003. Above cases had RD@ DOl arounf Oct15th 2002.
But I am not able to get to tonetalker since yesterday night ..It just rings .......
Can somebody else try the tonetalker and check .....and let us know .

H_K

Hi, needluck4GC

Did you mean that some 151-xxx cases had been certified lately? I wonder what is going on at SF DOL these days.

...However, I got an impression that besides DOT code 151-XXX, some IT cases such as DOT code 172-XXX are certified as well....

It seems we are the few unlucky ones with SFO RD dates
from mid. July 2002 to early October, 2002, where they decided
to auto-remand the case. I do not know if DOL is going
to do anything with those auto-remand cases.
Anbody, any info, please post.

Originally posted by The-Dude
Hi, needluck4GC

Did you mean that some 151-xxx cases had been certified lately? I wonder what is going on at SF DOL these days.

If the employer's Head office is setup in CA, but I work @ a branch office in Oregon.
Then would my LC go into the Seattle Queue or the SFO queue?

Thanks

Originally posted by milpride
Hi lca_001

Thanks for your response. If i understood correctly, eventhough i got a receipt letter from SFO DOL, my case will be processed based on Seattle queue/processing times, because my SESA clearance is from Idaho state.

Please let me know if you do not concur with this.

Thanks again.

Unlucky

Looks definitely like we are the unlucky ones stuck in the auto-Remand. All we can do is hope the non-rir goes faster atleast next year as the budget for Foreign labor certification increases from 5 to 55 million. But eventually we will be stuck in the 140 queue as the 245 cases flow in to that. Unless some miracle happens by means of policy changes we are stuck for a long time.

Originally posted by gcwaitinfi
It seems we are the few unlucky ones with SFO RD dates
from mid. July 2002 to early October, 2002, where they decided
to auto-remand the case. I do not know if DOL is going
to do anything with those auto-remand cases.
Anbody, any info, please post.
:

Hi The-Dude,

I didn't mean some "151-xxx cases had been certified lately". I only heard some 172-XXX cases have been certified lately while some 151-XXX cases are still pending. As I said I didn't check many cases, so I still don't have a clue how DOL works.

--needluck

Status
Not open for further replies.