California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about those cases with the PD earlier than May, 2002? People in this thread whose PD were b4 May, 2002 all got responses already? Please post your status to help everybody gets an idea of DOL's processing. Thanx.

Btw, anyone has checked case status by email recently? I found something weird yesterday. A lot of cases within # 09526XXX to 09527XXX were very old (back to 2000/2001) and those status are still as "received". If I don't remember wrong, those cases used to have certified dates. Anything wrong with DOL's email system?

Does anyone know of any approvals for software related jobs without the 3-options letter? (DOL RD: Jan 02 - May02). And what about the Nov01 and and Dec 01 cases. DOL has been processing them for 8 months? What was the approval rate for software jobs for those months? Please post if you know anything about the above issues.

Retest the market

Hello all,

My collegue got a NOF from DOL with PD of 5/3/2002 and my case is exactly same as his with PD of 5/21/2002.

For both of us, our LCA application states:

1) Master's or equivalent in Engineering or CS required
2) Job description mentions about Architect, design and implement composite applications and transaction based systems.....

We feel we have a good case with this job description and Master's requirement. Any comments as to whether retesting the market is any good?

Also, when we retest the market, does the Advertisement use the job description on LCA form or the old advertisement that they have used when filed for LCA? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Its safe to use the same advertisement. Although there has been contradictions about it in this forum.

My labor got certified

Folks,

My Priority date is June 6th 2001.
DOL receipt date 12/10/2002.

Mine is a RIR case. Employer is in LA area

Got NOF some where in mid March 2003.
Got the usual 3 options.

My employer went for retesting the market with my skills.

I have a masters in Computer Science with 5 years experience. Got resumes only with Bachelors degree in Computer Science.

My DOT code is 999.151-031

Now my labor got certified.

Hope this will give you belief in waiting for Labor certification.
:)

Re: My labor got certified

Originally posted by arajaa
Folks,

My Priority date is June 6th 2001.
DOL receipt date 12/10/2002.

Mine is a RIR case. Employer is in LA area

Got NOF some where in mid March 2003.
Got the usual 3 options.

My employer went for retesting the market with my skills.

I have a masters in Computer Science with 5 years experience. Got resumes only with Bachelors degree in Computer Science.

My DOT code is 999.151-031

Now my labor got certified.

Hope this will give you belief in waiting for Labor certification.
:)

Congrats Arajaa. Updates like this encourage the waiting
people.
Others also, please post if you have any updates.

Well it doesn't encourage me!

My DOL receipt date was 6 months before this in June 2002. The queue is currently at May 2002. What the hell is DOL doing processing applications 7 MONTHS ahead of the published queue date??? What a complete farce!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi arajaa,

Congratulation for you!

Could you let us know if your job retest ads was the same as the position requirements in your Labor application? Were you able to modify it to raise the requirement level? Many of us had very generic requirements in our Labor application.

Thanks in advance.

Yana

I am sorry guys. There is a typo

My DOL receipt date is 01/10/2002 (10th Jan 2002)
It's NOT 12/10/2002

My employer used the same RIR ad that he had used originally

So DOL attends to the cases immdiately? araaja, can you please post the NOF date and Certified date. I received the NOF around the same time as yours and wasn't hoping to hear anything from DOL until July-Aug.

Re: arajaa

Congratulation!

I would say you were a little bit luck that you are in the LA area, not Bay...,:)...

Today my company received a call from our attorney. He got a response from DOL with three options. my DOL transfer date is may 8th 2002.

Is DOL Database updated....?

Hi All,
I haven't seen any update on my employer cases. Could you guys please post whether the DOL database is updated or not
especially those who has got the NOF's.

Thanks
eb2august01

DOL RECEIPT DATE 07/22/2002
DOT 999.151-031

I am working for a consulting company located in
CERRITOS, CA.

If anybody in this forum works for the same company please contact me.

Thanks in advance.

I'd also be insterested in whether the DOL database is updated or not, especially those who have got the NOF's.
Thanks

It is not updated after 1st week of April. I got NOF on Apr 3rd, but status is still "Received on 01/18/2002"

HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.