Buffalo Tracker (please add)

immigration4kot said:
Hi Kenny I have one more question.
Can you pls comment.

Assessment officer tried to contact with company C, which is my current company. It means they want to check the work exp letters.

For company C , i have everything. But , Comapnies A and B are earlier companiies i worked before Company C. Actually i do not have work exp letters for one company A and i have only xerox copy for company B. But i do have their original offer letters/original pay stubs for the duration i worked for company A and B.

Will those offerletters/paystubs , be ok to prove about my employement?
Or do i have to take from collegaues in those companies.As i do not have connections with those companies A and B .

Thanks
Kumar

As long as you have the original offer letters, pay stubs, tax returns etc available for the compnaies A and B you should be fine. You can write a letter explaining why you were not able to get reference letters from company A and B.

Quick question for you. In your CAIPS notes they have given you 76 points but have they given you the breakup of these points based on factors like age, english, education, experience etc.

lz said:
Thank you sooooo much Kenny04! I have some further questions, could you please comment:
1) We got the approval and request for medical exam in May 2003. We delayed the medical because we had a new baby in May 2004. Then we did the medical in July 2004, also submitted the baby's information in July. We applied for skilled worker through the Buffalo office.
3) We didn't apply for immigrating to Quebec. If we do want to work there, what can we do after landing? It sounds like we need to obtain an authorization to work in Quebec from the Quebec government. How can we do that? TIA.

Let me get this straight you got initial assessment (IA) in May 2003 but you did not get medical done because your wife was pregnant. Right!

1) Did you inform Buffalo of your situation in May 2003? I believe you did but if you didn't you will be in trouble.

2) Did you send in all the information about your baby like copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, photographs, fees, relevant forms etc. ????

If you have already done all that then you are Ok. I suggest you order CAIPS notes just to see what is happening with your file. Go to www.caipsnotes.com

I dont know how you will be able to start working in Quebec after you land. Maybe someone else can help you with that question.

Kenny
U r right
In caips notes , i did not see any breakdown.
But they mentioned they have 10 points against Age field.
For all fields , they mentioned 00
But at end Total : 76 is mentioned.

So we really did not know how they made so many marks.

Thanks alot for ur info/help.

Thanks
Kumar

Passport request after exactly 3 years

Guys,

Its been a long time since i started (October 2001) the process of canadian PR and to my surprise after exactly 3 years i got a letter requesting passport request.

I would highly appreciate if someone please respond to my questions before i send the passports to CIC:

1. Can i just take the passport in-hand, get it stamped and land in canada on the same day. Any disadvanatages of doing it.

2. Even though there is a paragraph for photographs in the standard form, but they they did not check the line for sending any photographs to them. Do i still have to send the photographs of all the family members anyway?

Moving to India. HELP!!!

Hi Guys,

I am in a difficult situation. I will be moving to India in Feb 2005 as my Labor cert. has been denied. I have applied for Canada immigration and waiting for Passport request. I don't know what are my options, if I do not get Passport request before I leave USA. Still my application will be processed by Buffalo or it will be sent Delhi. Please advise. Has anybody know anything about this situation.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------
App received : Aug 2003
IA: May, 2004
Medicals: June2004 & Sept 2004
Doc: Aug, 2004
Passport Req: Pending

Hi

Jalma,

Congratulations. Finally huh. I guess better late than never.
Did your medicals expire already? Did you do medicals again? Till when do you have time to land?

Regarding passport stamping, I have read in this forum before that someone has done that before( go in person to consulate). BUt no 1st hand info.

As for photos, if its not much trouble why dont you send the photos along anyway. If they want, they will use it if not it will still be in ur file.

To gc212,

Since you have time till Feb 2005, maybe you can wait till then & see if you get ur passport req. If not, I believe some people have given their friends/relatives address in US as change of address & not inform CIC about moving to India. & then when passport req is issued, you can courier your passports to your contact in US & have them courier it to CIC & then once they receive the stamped passport, they can courier to you again( I am not 100% sure of the legality issue here. But I feel that this is not unethical)

Transferring file to India; I believe, takes longer to get processed.

sapota1,

They actually provided an option of getting visa by going to their office. No problem in that. But what i want to do is to land on the same day after taking visa from them. Does it possible or not.

Actually my and my daughter medical expired on May 2004 but my wife's and new born kid is still valid until January, 2005.

Don't know how much time they are going to give us for landing.

PP request received

Received my PP request today.

Here is my time line.

Applied : Nov 17, 2003
AOR: Dec 8, 2003
IA: July 12, 2004 (Stamped June 30)
Doc: July 15, 2004 (PCC, Bank Statement, Employment letter, Missed Background info)
Medicals: Aug 4/5, 2004 (reached Ottawa on this date)
PP Request: Oct 29, 2004 (stamped Oct 27)

Nationality: Indian.

E-client: "In Process" with message "We started processing your application on December 08, 2003"

The processing took approximately 11 months.

Hi Nikkia

Congratulations for getting the passport request. Can you tell us on what date did get your medical done? It will help us to calculate the average days
between medical date and Ottawa receive date.

How did you find out the Ottawa received date?

Thanks,

Need Information

Hello,

I filed my Canadian PR application ( skilled labor category ) back in November 2002 via an immigration lawyer. The eClient status online shows that the application processing started on Jan 13 2003. From then to now, I got a letter which mentioned that the interview was waived and then I also sent in my medical forms a few months back. Pretty soon, it will be 2 years since my application has been in filing...is this normal? Anyone out there whose application processing started in Jan 2003 and is yet to get back the final result? Any ideas when I can expect to hear back from the immigration office about passport stamping/landing papers etc?

Thanks!

Gurus,

I am filling out my skilled worker application. I am from India currently in US.
In schedule 1 Background Info, The 2nd question is to fill your name in native language. What should I enter?

Thanks Sh_Ad

Another question. I schedule 3 there is a question of unencumbered funds. how much should one put there

Thanks

Reply to gc212

I did my medicals on July 15th in Buffalo. My medicals were mailed on July 30th by registered mail. I happed to call and get the USPS tracking number from doctors office.

You can tract your mail status from USPS web site. But it won't update you on international delivery. So I had to call USPS and they linked me to international shipment. International shipment has access to Canadian database and that's how I found the delivery date.

On my experience, it takes less than a week for postal delivery, its mostly your doctor's office where it could get delayed. It takes a week to get the test results back. Then my doctor went on vacation. So the nurse had to wait for a week more to get her signature and mail the content.

Thanks.

Thanks Nikkia for the update. I got my medical done in NC and doctor office is not very efficient in giving the tracking information. My timeline is same as your. Thanks.

Can someone tell me abount the payment of fees. Do you need to pay in canadian dollors or can one convert tu us dollars & pay in us dollars

Hello, resending with my information below:

I filed my Canadian PR application ( skilled labor category ) back in November 2002 via an immigration lawyer. The eClient status online shows that the application processing started on Jan 13 2003. From then to now, I got a letter which mentioned that the interview was waived and then I also sent in my medical forms a few months back. Pretty soon, it will be 2 years since my application has been in filing...is this normal? Anyone out there whose application processing started in Jan 2003 and is yet to get back the final result?

Application Filed: 11/27/2002
eCient Filed Date: 01/13/2003
First Letter Received: 1/20/2003
Second Letter Received (Interview: Waived): 1/9/2004
Medicals Done & Sent: 1/26/2004

Any ideas when I can expect to hear back from the immigration office about passport stamping/landing papers etc? Thanks!

Crazy_Apple,

My time lines were almost same as yours, even I received second letter 1/5/2004, I sent the medicals around final week of Jan 2004. I already landed in Canada. Get CIAP notes and find out what reason is holding your application.

rh2002.

Got Passport request finally!!!

Finally, after a more-than-expected wait which unnerved me for a while, I got the passport request -- it's definitely a relief !

Jalma, so glad that you got yours after the long wait -- good for you !

P9K and other contemporary applicants who got it, congrats !

To others who have not got it yet, wish to God you get it soon. If it is taking too long, do get CAIPS notes and/or fax CIC - I think that definitely helps.

This forum is awesome ! Thanks to all of you !

Special thanks and gratitude to TexanCanadian, whose cool common-sense clarifications to my queries really guided me in the right direction at critical crossroads -- Thank you buddy !

Best Regards,

My timeline:-
=============
Applied: end-April 2003
AOR: mid-July 2003
IA: beginning-April 2004
Remaining documents, PCCs, fees, medicals sent: beginning-May 2004
Started getting worried about delay and requested CAIPS notes: end-August 2004
Obtained CAIPS notes: end-September 2004
Faxed CIC: end-September 2004
Got passport request: end-October 2004

Me too - Got Passport request!!!!

Thanx a lot to all on this forum for all the comments and suggestions.

My timeline:-
=============
Applied: May 2003
AOR: mid-July 2003
IA: May 2004
medicals: june 2004
Remaining documents, PCCs, fees sent: beginning-Aug 2004
Got passport request: end-October 2004

Change your address to a friend's permenent address. Wait for them till they request passport and when they do, overnight it to your friend. It should come back in a couple of weeks.

If you change your application to a different office, you are doomed to start all over again.

gc212 said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a difficult situation. I will be moving to India in Feb 2005 as my Labor cert. has been denied. I have applied for Canada immigration and waiting for Passport request. I don't know what are my options, if I do not get Passport request before I leave USA. Still my application will be processed by Buffalo or it will be sent Delhi. Please advise. Has anybody know anything about this situation.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------
App received : Aug 2003
IA: May, 2004
Medicals: June2004 & Sept 2004
Doc: Aug, 2004
Passport Req: Pending