Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi Kenny04:
He applied end on 2001 and got his IA after 6 months. His file transfer to NY last year Aug 03. Yesterday, he received a letter telling him to take the English test (?) and send his recent bank statement in 90 days. He has a master degree from US, I do not know why they asked him to take the test. He was waiting for the interview letter. I guess he has to wait at least 3 more months to here some news from NY after the test. He will take the the in December.

Johar Ali said:
Congratulations p9k. I am not sure if there is an average timeline for passport request after one has sent additional documents. My passport is expiring in May 2005, is it a good idea to renew it before getting it stamped? Thanks

It should not take more than six months after medical and documents.

I would say get it stamped than renew it.

Good luck

ma72 said:
did the e status change?
havw they ever replied to your fax? or just the pp request was the only letter you got from them after your fax?
thanks

No they did'nt reply to my fax ; but I got request after 3 weeks of it.

Time line

Aor in Apr 2004

PCC june 28

Medical 25 May 2004

PP req. 25th Oct 2004

Bye

Would hiring a lawyer be helpful?

I believe we are in the last step of the process. We did the medical exam on 7/22/04. But haven't heard anything since then. Faxed inquiry a couple weeks back, no response either. Questions:
1. At this stage, would hiring a lawyer be helpful?
2. What can we do to accelerate the process?
3. We applied for landing in Toronto. Once we got the approval, can we work in Quebec?

Thank you all very much in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
lz said:
I believe we are in the last step of the process. We did the medical exam on 7/22/04. But haven't heard anything since then. Faxed inquiry a couple weeks back, no response either. Questions:
1. At this stage, would hiring a lawyer be helpful?
2. What can we do to accelerate the process?
3. We applied for landing in Toronto. Once we got the approval, can we work in Quebec?

Thank you all very much in advance.

1) There is no point hiring a lawyer now as everything seems to be ok. It will be helpful if you would have mentioned your timeline, which visa post you applied from and under what category.

2) You can just wait and watch. Pay the RPRF if you have not done it yet.

3) I dont think you can work in Quebec unless you have applied for immigrating to Quebec as a Skilled Worker. The Quebec government and the Government of Canada have an agreement that allows Quebec to select immigrants who best meet its immigration needs. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec is able to establish its own immigration requirements and select immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.

got PP request

Nationality :indian
applied visa post:Buffalo, NY
category:skilled worker
Applied: oct 2003
AOR: Dec 2003
IA:june2004(requested medicals and PCC,no interview and no IELTS plus letter from
current employer )
Medicals done :july2004
document mailed: august2004
Landing fees mailed: Oct2004
PP request :OCT 2004

I have same time line as years, I send my passport this month, October 20th 04. I am waiting for my passport now.

p9k said:
No they did'nt reply to my fax ; but I got request after 3 weeks of it.

Time line

Aor in Apr 2004

PCC june 28

Medical 25 May 2004

PP req. 25th Oct 2004

Bye
p9k, what did you do different that you got everything faster than most of us if not all.
When did you apply, I guess you applied in March 2004 since your AOR is April 2004.

landing fee

i have sent my medicals in aug. what next?.
should i pay the landing fee now or wait till they send passport request

Can some body help to analyse this CAIPSNOTES

Hi
I applied for Canada immigration under skileld worker category in Nov 2003

Dec 2003: File Number

July 2nd week 2004: IA done.
Interview required in Los Angeles

In this scenario. I got caips notes
and it says exatly as below:::

LTR OF REF APPEARS QUESTIONABLE ** TEL ***-***-**** DISCONNECTED
CALLED TEL ***-***-**** VOICE MAIL ONLY

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: LA ON 02-12-2004 MICROLOCATOR:

XREF:p1
PSDEC 1 19-07-2004
SELDEC 0
BDEC 0
OREQ 0
MEDEC 0
FINDEC 0
RRPF NOT PAID

FILE SENT FOR INTERVIEW TO REVIEW THE AUTHENTICITY OF LETTER OF REFERENCE

ACTION TAKEN: MEDS/LA INTERVIEW LETTER SENT
SEL NOC: 000004
TOTAL : 76

Can somebody help me what to do now.
I got letter saying that i require interview in July 30th 2004.
Since then , no response.

What does BF'D to LA means.
Will it transfer to LA at that date

Or

Will LA take some action on my file on 02-12-2004??

In this case if i send my current experience letter to LA, will it help me anyway??(To avoid interview)

Gurus pls comment on this.

Thanks
Kumar

interview doesn't mean you are in trouble .Some officers want to talk to you before they make decision.It's very difficult to tell what was in the mind of an officer.It may be some thing you didn't filled completely or doubtful

If i was you will prepare in all sorts and have every kind of documentation,old paystubs,addresses,employer info,degree etc. search gogle for all kinds of forums and get an idead on interview questions.

Good luck

Thanks GVR.

What is the meaning BF'D to LA on 02-12-2004.

Can somebody comment on my caipsnotes.

Any precautions i can take at this point of time to avoid interview/or to make my case very strong.

Thanks
Kumar

i believe u have interview on 02 dec 2004.I am not sure any one can answer your question.go through your filled applicationsforms which you sent and any further correspondance , see you are missing anything and from the above "FILE SENT FOR INTERVIEW TO REVIEW THE AUTHENTICITY OF LETTER OF REFERENCE" I believe they are going to question some thing in ref to your previous employment or course certificate.Letter can be anything.may be u mismatched any dates from application form one to another .

if i was you ,I don't sweat but i prepare well.and put together a document with each and everything(kind of checklist) and check , and see u have all references and then see anything missing and causing trouble.
here is some ref from google

Bring Forward Date

The 'bring forward' date is repeated in several places in the CAIPS printout you will receive (as it appears at the bottom of many screens). The typical form is as follows.

ex: PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: CPT ON 15-01-2003

This example above, from the Canadian High Commission London, means that the file is currently in the storage area "PA". The next action is allocation of an interview date "CPT". A program assistant will be prompted to allocate the interview date on "15-01-2003" (note this is dd-mm-yyyy format, so this means 15-Jan-2003). On this date the visa office will open the interview diary and schedule an interview.

i am not an expert and i don't know your profile so make a decision which works for you

good luck...

immigration4kot :

It clearly says voice mail tel disconnected. Reference letter can not be verified.
They tried to call your references but failed ot verify due to either incorrect phone number
or no one is answering the phone. All you need to do it to take an offer letter or a new phone number with a new reference letter form the same organization/person to the interview.
Good luck

GCNeb123 said:
i have sent my medicals in aug. what next?.
should i pay the landing fee now or wait till they send passport request
Did you just have to do medicals and that is all or did they ask for some documnets as well.
You are better of mailing your landing fee as soon as possible.

immigration4kot said:
Thanks GVR.

What is the meaning BF'D to LA on 02-12-2004.

Can somebody comment on my caipsnotes.

Any precautions i can take at this point of time to avoid interview/or to make my case very strong.

Thanks
Kumar

I have also been called for an interview in NY. My CAIPS notes read:

BF'D to NY on 05-02-2005

This means that an immigration officer will look at my file in NY on 05-02-2005 if nobody has looked at it before that. Same is going to happen with your file. Dont expect to hear anything from them around that date either. You will not have an interview on Dec 02 2004.

From your notes its very clear that the reference letter you have provided had outdated phone numbers. You know which company they tried but were unable to contact so I suggest that you get updated reference letter from that company. If possible get the business card of the person who is giving you the reference letter. This way it will be easier for them to check your references.

Wait till you get a letter saying that your file has been received in LA and then send the updated reference letter. Provide more information to support your claim. Sometime if the additional documents provided can remove the doubts of the immigration officer you may get interview waiver.

Kenny or somebody can comment and help me...

Hi Kenny I have one more question.
Can you pls comment.

Assessment officer tried to contact with company C, which is my current company.
It means they want to check the work exp letters.

For company C , i have everything.
But , Comapnies A and B are earlier companiies i worked before Company C.

Actually i do not have work exp letters for one company A and
i have only xerox copy for company B.

But i do have their original offer letters/original pay stubs for the duration i worked for company A and B.

Will those offerletters/paystubs , be ok to prove about my employement?
Or do i have to take from collegaues in those companies.
As i do not have connections with those companies A and B .

Thanks
Kumar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My CaipsNotes::
LTR OF REF APPEARS QUESTIONABLE ** TEL ***-***-**** DISCONNECTED
CALLED TEL ***-***-**** VOICE MAIL ONLY

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: LA ON 02-12-2004 MICROLOCATOR:

XREF:p1
PSDEC 1 19-07-2004
SELDEC 0
BDEC 0
OREQ 0
MEDEC 0
FINDEC 0
RRPF NOT PAID

FILE SENT FOR INTERVIEW TO REVIEW THE AUTHENTICITY OF LETTER OF REFERENCE

ACTION TAKEN: MEDS/LA INTERVIEW LETTER SENT
SEL NOC: 000004
TOTAL : 76

Kenny04 said:
1) There is no point hiring a lawyer now as everything seems to be ok. It will be helpful if you would have mentioned your timeline, which visa post you applied from and under what category.

2) You can just wait and watch. Pay the RPRF if you have not done it yet.

3) I dont think you can work in Quebec unless you have applied for immigrating to Quebec as a Skilled Worker. The Quebec government and the Government of Canada have an agreement that allows Quebec to select immigrants who best meet its immigration needs. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec is able to establish its own immigration requirements and select immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.
Thank you sooooo much Kenny04! I have some further questions, could you please comment:
1) We got the approval and request for medical exam in May 2003. We delayed the medical because we had a new baby in May 2004. Then we did the medical in July 2004, also submitted the baby's information in July. We applied for skilled worker through the Buffalo office.
3) We didn't apply for immigrating to Quebec. If we do want to work there, what can we do after landing? It sounds like we need to obtain an authorization to work in Quebec from the Quebec government. How can we do that? TIA.

Mar 2004 AOR (Any body got IA) ?

Hi,
Any body with AOR in Mar 2004 received their IA?
Please update.